PDA

View Full Version : John Murphy pimping Frank Gore and Matt Moore

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Everyone knows John Murphy is the mouthpiece of the Bills FO. On his show he's been "suggesting" from "his own opinion" that we should sign Frank Gore and Matt Moore repeatedly. Is the FO trying to gradually get us comfortable with the idea?

better days
03-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I would be very comfortable with the two of them in Buffalo.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Gore is no much younger than Freddie, and I think they have the same running style. What's the point?

casdhf
03-03-2015, 08:52 AM
You don't think Gore on 1st and 2nd, with FJ on 3rd is a good plan? Sure works for me.

better days
03-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Gore is no much younger than Freddie, and I think they have the same running style. What's the point?

The point is Ground & Pound.

Gore is very good at that, over 1000 yds last year. 4.3 yds average.

jimmifli
03-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I'd love to have Gore, but I don't get Moore. He had one meh season, and then stuck around happy to cash paychecks as the backup for three years. I mean if he doesn't think he can be a starter, why should we?

We need two more QBs plus a pick, if one of the guys is Sanchez, Schaub, Cousins, Locker, Mallet or Hoyer... then adding someone like Moore is great. But if our plan is to go into the season with Matt Moore, EJ Manuel and a draft pick as the only QBs on our roster - they better float a few more trial balloons because this one is lead.

Night Train
03-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Everyone knows John Murphy is the mouthpiece of the Bills FO. On his show he's been "suggesting" from "his own opinion" that we should sign Frank Gore and Matt Moore repeatedly. Is the FO trying to gradually get us comfortable with the idea?

He could very well know their direction and your idea isn't off center at all. Plant the seed and sell it.

Moore is the only guy on that QB FA list who looks like he's not a disaster waiting to happen, so I see the logic. Maybe Roman and Gore are closer than we thought and he's got a couple years (maybe) left in the tank. I've seen much worse ideas.

THRILLHO
03-03-2015, 09:56 AM
If Moore comes in, it's not as a starter. Maybe a faux competition for EJ.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't see the point in signing Gore. Maybe one old warhorse halfback for 3rd downs and pass blocking, but two?

Take a back in what is supposed to be a deep halfback draft.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't see the point in signing Gore. Maybe one old warhorse halfback for 3rd downs and pass blocking, but two?

Take a back in what is supposed to be a deep halfback draft.
That's my point. We'll probably draft a young RB either way.

yordad
03-03-2015, 01:04 PM
I would be good with adding both. As long as we grab the 49ers guard too.

better days
03-03-2015, 01:45 PM
That's my point. We'll probably draft a young RB either way.

I would rather see the Bills draft a TE & OL than RB myself in rnds 2 & 3.

jamze132
03-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Chris Johnson had a 4+ypc average last year to and was under-utilized by the Jets. Just sayin...

better days
03-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Chris Johnson had a 4+ypc average last year to and was under-utilized by the Jets. Just sayin...

Spiller to the Jets & Johnson (on the CHEAP) to the Bills?

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Spiller to the Jets & Johnson (on the CHEAP) to the Bills?

Or we could make things really convoluted and pursue Shonn Greene if he indeed gets cut by the Titans.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 03:10 PM
I would rather see the Bills draft a TE & OL than RB myself in rnds 2 & 3.

The problem with drafting a TE is he likely won't contribute significantly as a rookie. Whereas a veteran could step in and product a whole lot more. To me I'd rather have a veteran TE and draft a RB/OG/pass rusher in Round 2. Jay Ajayi is a guy who could fall to us in Round 2 and be all over taking him assuming we get a veteran TE. Otherwise we might see us get Clive Walford, who I think is a solid prospect but wouldn't expect him to contribute as a starter until 2016 at the earliest.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 04:22 PM
They are not looking for somebody to compete with EJ IMO, they are looking for somebody to plug in if he ****s the bed again. If they sign Gore, don't expect to use a draft pick on a RB, unless they've already decided to cut ties with Brown, Dixon or Freddie (almost zero chance with FJ, btw).

better days
03-03-2015, 04:23 PM
The problem with drafting a TE is he likely won't contribute significantly as a rookie. Whereas a veteran could step in and product a whole lot more. To me I'd rather have a veteran TE and draft a RB/OG/pass rusher in Round 2. Jay Ajayi is a guy who could fall to us in Round 2 and be all over taking him assuming we get a veteran TE. Otherwise we might see us get Clive Walford, who I think is a solid prospect but wouldn't expect him to contribute as a starter until 2016 at the earliest.

I would like to see a GOOD vet TE signed in FA as well as one drafted.

TE plays a major role in Roman's offense.

jlgarsh
03-03-2015, 09:46 PM
I don't think Gore will be coming now....

Mace
03-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Chris Brown is the mouthpiece. Remembering the fury of the Murph at the firing of Susan Banks, I'm with him man.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
I don't think Gore will be coming now....
Yeah they just proved that Murphy isn't the mouthpiece. He clearly knew nothing LOL.