• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

C.J. Spiller: EJ Manuel was too “buddy buddy” with other players

“He learned that you can’t be buddy buddy with everybody,” Spiller said during an appearance on NFL Network. “You’re the face of the franchise, you’re the quarterback so you have to demand everything…I think early on he didn’t really didn’t understand how to step on guys’ toes. Once Kyle took over, he saw what Kyle did and it helped him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...other-players/
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: C.J. Spiller: EJ Manuel was too “buddy buddy” with other players

They keep referring to his " Leadership ".. but that can't help you when your 20 yard passes to the WR's aren't anywhere near him 2 out of 3 throws.

At mini-camp, I'd have him throw timing patterns to Woods, Watkins and Hogan until his hands bled. He must understand this is his last shot with a new staff that owes him nothing.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't know how you can improve accuracy. Whether you have it or you don't. Unless it's a footwork or mechanics thing.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

When people keep saying they'd be Ok with EJ starting, all i can think of are those deep sideline passes where the ball ended up a good 5 yards out of bounds and the receiver had zero shot at the ball...and that was the norm. He has no touch on deep passes, and really is inaccurate on a majority of all throws.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
          When people keep saying they'd be Ok with EJ starting, all i can think of are those deep sideline passes where the ball ended up a good 5 yards out of bounds and the receiver had zero shot at the ball...and that was the norm. He has no touch on deep passes, and really is inaccurate on a majority of all throws.
          Wait, are you talking about Kyle Orton? I remember plenty of those passes.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            Wait, are you talking about Kyle Orton? I remember plenty of those passes.
            You're joking right? Orton was no star but seriously, does everyone forget being completely relieved when they benched EJ? He was horrific.

Comment

• tomz
              • Feb 2007

You're joking right? Orton was no star but seriously, does everyone forget being completely relieved when they benched EJ? He was horrific.
              Both threw plenty of passes that nearly got receivers killed or were behind etc.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                Both threw plenty of passes that nearly got receivers killed or were behind etc.
                Yes, you're right. Now Orton is gone, no reason we cant get someone who *hopefully* WONT throw those kind of passes.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yes, you're right. Now Orton is gone, no reason we cant get someone who *hopefully* WONT throw those kind of passes.
                  I don't disagree. Just because I think Orton sucks doesn't mean I don't EJ does. But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

And we're back!

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

He's just not a good QB.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I don't disagree. Just because I think Orton sucks doesn't mean I don't EJ does. But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?
                        Fair enough. I just have severe doubts he will ever become anything more than sub par. I hope he does.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Interesting the one comment on PFT guy claiming he has a friend of a friend lol who tip backed drinks with Pegula and Pegula telling him they have "agreements" drawn up with a FA QB and FA OL and they are just waiting for Free Agency to start

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

I don't know how you can improve accuracy. Whether you have it or you don't. Unless it's a footwork or mechanics thing.
                            So did you just like answer your own question?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?
                              in reply to your post, let me quote what a wise man once said.

sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X