PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Spiller: EJ Manuel was too “buddy buddy” with other players

DetDannyWilliams
03-03-2015, 09:25 AM
“He learned that you can’t be buddy buddy (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475994/article/spiller-manuel-learned-he-couldnt-be-buddybuddy-with-teammates) with everybody,” Spiller said during an appearance on NFL Network. “You’re the face of the franchise, you’re the quarterback so you have to demand everything…I think early on he didn’t really didn’t understand how to step on guys’ toes. Once Kyle took over, he saw what Kyle did and it helped him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/03/c-j-spiller-ej-manuel-was-too-buddy-buddy-with-other-players/

Night Train
03-03-2015, 09:32 AM
They keep referring to his " Leadership ".. but that can't help you when your 20 yard passes to the WR's aren't anywhere near him 2 out of 3 throws.

At mini-camp, I'd have him throw timing patterns to Woods, Watkins and Hogan until his hands bled. He must understand this is his last shot with a new staff that owes him nothing.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't know how you can improve accuracy. Whether you have it or you don't. Unless it's a footwork or mechanics thing.

Pinkerton Security
03-03-2015, 09:50 AM
When people keep saying they'd be Ok with EJ starting, all i can think of are those deep sideline passes where the ball ended up a good 5 yards out of bounds and the receiver had zero shot at the ball...and that was the norm. He has no touch on deep passes, and really is inaccurate on a majority of all throws.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 09:53 AM
When people keep saying they'd be Ok with EJ starting, all i can think of are those deep sideline passes where the ball ended up a good 5 yards out of bounds and the receiver had zero shot at the ball...and that was the norm. He has no touch on deep passes, and really is inaccurate on a majority of all throws.
Wait, are you talking about Kyle Orton? I remember plenty of those passes.

Pinkerton Security
03-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Wait, are you talking about Kyle Orton? I remember plenty of those passes.

You're joking right? Orton was no star but seriously, does everyone forget being completely relieved when they benched EJ? He was horrific.

tomz
03-03-2015, 10:41 AM
You're joking right? Orton was no star but seriously, does everyone forget being completely relieved when they benched EJ? He was horrific.

Both threw plenty of passes that nearly got receivers killed or were behind etc.

Pinkerton Security
03-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Both threw plenty of passes that nearly got receivers killed or were behind etc.

Yes, you're right. Now Orton is gone, no reason we cant get someone who *hopefully* WONT throw those kind of passes.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Yes, you're right. Now Orton is gone, no reason we cant get someone who *hopefully* WONT throw those kind of passes.
I don't disagree. Just because I think Orton sucks doesn't mean I don't EJ does. But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?

swiper
03-03-2015, 11:50 AM
And we're back!

swiper
03-03-2015, 11:52 AM

He's just not a good QB.

Pinkerton Security
03-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't disagree. Just because I think Orton sucks doesn't mean I don't EJ does. But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?

Fair enough. I just have severe doubts he will ever become anything more than sub par. I hope he does.

Ginger Vitis
03-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Interesting the one comment on PFT guy claiming he has a friend of a friend lol who tip backed drinks with Pegula and Pegula telling him they have "agreements" drawn up with a FA QB and FA OL and they are just waiting for Free Agency to start

yordad
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I don't know how you can improve accuracy. Whether you have it or you don't. Unless it's a footwork or mechanics thing.So did you just like answer your own question?

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 01:11 PM
But I think EJ is young and has plenty of room to grow, why give up on him so quickly?

in reply to your post, let me quote what a wise man once said.

I don't know how you can improve accuracy. Whether you have it or you don't. Unless it's a footwork or mechanics thing.

chernobylwraiths
03-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Well, there is no way Spiller comes back now.

Was it EJ that said Spiller wanted to come back?

chernobylwraiths
03-03-2015, 02:07 PM
nope, guess it was Fred

jamze132
03-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I can't argue with Spiller's comments about EJ and it's nothing that EJ can't change.

better days
03-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Well, there is no way Spiller comes back now.

Was it EJ that said Spiller wanted to come back?

Spiller himself said he wanted to come back.

CJ got to know Rex from the Clemson connection & loves him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
McCoy in spiller out

POTLAND PSILBYLO
03-03-2015, 09:09 PM
EJ needs to feel Tom Brady's balls maybe that'll help...

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Orton was as well. They were both horrific.

Buckets
03-04-2015, 08:15 AM
They keep referring to his " Leadership ".. but that can't help you when your 20 yard passes to the WR's aren't anywhere near him 2 out of 3 throws.

At mini-camp, I'd have him throw timing patterns to Woods, Watkins and Hogan until his hands bled. He must understand this is his last shot with a new staff that owes him nothing.

I think he should have been throwing at least 4 hours everyday during off season. This is his lively hood for Christ's sake. I don't know if this is a good comparison but people can learn how to shoot clay birds, its just timing and practice.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I think he should have been throwing at least 4 hours everyday during off season. This is his lively hood for Christ's sake. I don't know if this is a good comparison but people can learn how to shoot clay birds, its just timing and practice.

That's the thing, it's easy enough to shoot clay birds or throw timing routes in the comfort of practice. Manuel's issue is doing the same thing when he has to read the D and avoid a pass rush.

stuckincincy
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
That's the thing, it's easy enough to shoot clay birds or throw timing routes in the comfort of practice. Manuel's issue is doing the same thing when he has to read the D and avoid a pass rush.

Which leads us to the NFLPA and the CBA demands, agreed to by the Gang of 32, and the fact that camps and practices have become no more than flag football walk-throughs.