PDA

View Full Version : Lesean McCoy to be a Bill

black N yellow
03-03-2015, 04:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So LeSean McCoy is going to be a Buffalo Bill. And Kiko Alonso will be reunited with former Oregon HC Chip Kelly.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572903839977885696">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
WTFFFFFF

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-03-2015, 04:50 PM
absolutely awful

black N yellow
I'm torn. A stud RB for a stud LB.

SeatownBillsFan21
What the **** is going on here.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Mother effer. I knew I shouldn't of bought a Kiko jersey!

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Why did we make this trade please someone anyone sell me on this trade.

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Is McCoy a QB??

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-03-2015, 04:53 PM
well we now know for sure that spiller is gone....

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Doesn't Shaddy come with a $12M cap hit next year?

I don't like this trade.

Novacane
Why did we make this trade please someone anyone sell me on this trade.

All I can figure is they think they are strong at LB and weak at RB.

Downinfloflo
Is Tim Murray hanging out at One Bills Drive?? :/

black N yellow
this move is such a departure from the old Bills.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Is Tim Murray hanging out at One Bills Drive?? :/

Are the Bills setting up a 2+ year tank like the Sabres?

DetDannyWilliams
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles) have a trade in place to send running back LeSean McCoy (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12514/lesean-mccoy) to theBuffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills), a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
In return, the Bills will send linebacker Kiko Alonso (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15819/kiko-alonso) to the Eagles, the source said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415886/philadelphia-eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills

don137
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
McCoy already is showing signs of slowing down. Hate the move.

DesertFox24
03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
This is terrible

The last buffalo fan
03-03-2015, 05:02 PM
If there is a pick involved, and if it is in our frigging favor, I don't know, I think it may be good, hell WTF!?!?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
Oh fer cryin out loud.... Who cares... Without a QB this is all just bs anyway

ublinkwescore
This trade sucks so much ****.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 05:03 PM
cant be

why in the world would you trade a young stud at a difficult to fill multi-player spot like lb for a single-player position like rb with a guy about to hit the magic age of 27 where rbs start to statistically decline when you have a rb rich draft coming up?

doesnt make sense

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Are the Bills setting up a 2+ year tank like the Sabres?

If that's the case, Go Bucs!!!

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Rosenhous (Shady's agent) is saying there is no deal, just discussions.

stuckincincy
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476192/article/eagles-bills-to-swap-lesean-mccoy-for-kiko-alonso

ghz in pittsburgh
What!!!!???

ublinkwescore
Oh fer cryin out loud.... Who cares... Without a QB this is all just bs anyway

It's really sad that this is how we stay optimistic as Bills fans. WTF???!!!

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm going ****ing furious right now I can barely speak. This offseason is a mother****ing disaster.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
ESPN story -
he Philadelphia Eagles (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles) have a trade in place to send running back LeSean McCoy (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12514/lesean-mccoy) to the Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills), a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
[+] Enlarge (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/1024/nfl_a_mccoy_mb_600x400.jpg)<cite style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; color: rgb(171, 171, 171); background: transparent;">AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez</cite>The Eagles have agreed to trade LeSean McCoy to the Bills, according to a source.

In return, the Bills will send linebackerKiko Alonso (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15819/kiko-alonso) to the Eagles, the source said.
Drafted in the second round of the 2009 draft out of Pittsburgh, McCoy has spent his entire six-season career in Philadelphia.
He rushed for 1,319 yards and tallied five touchdowns last season for the Eagles.
Alonso missed all of the 2014-15 season with a torn ACL, but in his rookie season of 2013 he played every defensive snap and ranked third in the NFL with 159 tackles.
An Oregon product, Alonso will reunite with his former college coach, Chip Kelly, who will enter his third season in charge of the Eagles.
The trade can not be made official until the new league year begins next Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.

cookie G
03-03-2015, 05:09 PM
well we now know for sure that spiller is gone....

Philly will probably sign him.

Or the Jets.

black N yellow
03-03-2015, 05:10 PM

everybody knows Rosenhaus never speaks a word of truth.

DraftBoy
LaCanfora says Kiko wanted out of Buffalo.

Zero
This trade blows

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Throw in Foles and I'd be happy

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
For the record I don't have a huge issue with this deal. Just don't really get why we made it.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
LaCanfora says Kiko wanted out of Buffalo.

I don't believe that.

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
This better not be true

Meathead
03-03-2015, 05:13 PM
im gonna guess this is going to turn out to be overblown. its gonna be that bills eagles are talking about it and thats it

if not, bills front office has a week to sell this to the fans and i doubt its gonna be easy

BidsJr
03-03-2015, 05:14 PM
For the record I don't have a huge issue with this deal. Just don't really get why we made it.

Only way I make this trade is if I already have something in place to get a QB that is ready to compete for a championship this year.

black N yellow
03-03-2015, 05:14 PM
im gonna guess this is going to turn out to be overblown. its gonna be that bills eagles are talking about it and thats it

if not, bills front office has a week to sell this to the fans and i doubt its gonna be easy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476192/article/eagles-bills-to-swap-lesean-mccoy-for-kiko-alonso

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't believe that.

Because...?

I'm not saying it's accurate or not, but we don't have anything to go off either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Local Media is now confirming the deal with well placed sources with Bills. This deal is happening.

The last buffalo fan

If what LaCanfora says is true, makes sense plus the ****ing defensive changes we have had, it is crazy!

Novacane

If that's the case a lot of media are going to look like fools. This is all they are talking about on NFL network.

GingerP
03-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Well, no trades can be made until the new league year starts on the 10th, so of course there is no deal yet. Of course, they likely already have an agreement.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 05:19 PM
well then ****

just gonna have to hope we see this trade very differently in ten months

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Pathetic, can't wait to watch David Harris try to cover.

garbage move, by a garbage franchise. Get an OL first you dumb ****s.

weve wasted more resources at the RB position than any team in the league, just garbage. You'd think they would be this aggressive with QBs, but no, they just waste resources on RBs.

Buffalo Thriller
03-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Eh, I love Kiko but he's no Ray Lewis.

EDS
03-03-2015, 05:22 PM
I would be a little scared getting a smallish back that relies in part on quickness after back-to-back 300+ carry seasons. That said, McCoy has been very good for the Eagles. How long is his contract?

And I thought Kiko might be a chip to get Foles if the Eagles were able to get Mariota.

EDS
03-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Whaley loves himself some Eagles running backs.

HAMMER
03-03-2015, 05:24 PM
At first I had a similar reaction to some here and wasn't happy but Shady is one of the best RB's I've seen play in many years. I believe the Bills think they are strong at LB and may be looking to bring in David Harris as well. We shall see. One thing is for sure, it takes more than a year to completely come back from a torn ACL, Kiko would have not been the same player for most of this season.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Pathetic, can't wait to watch David Harris try to cover.

garbage move, by a garbage franchise. Get an OL first you dumb ****s.

weve wasted more resources at the RB position than any team in the league, just garbage. You'd think they would be this aggressive with QBs, but no, they just waste resources on RBs.

That's a bit of an overreaction don't you think? McCoy is still one of the best rb in the league. I'm sure they are going to address the OL in fa. I'd of rather used Kiko to get a QB too but this move is not a disaster.

GingerP
03-03-2015, 05:26 PM
How long is his contract?

Bills inherit 3 more years. He will make $9.25M, $7.15M and $7.85M in the next 3 years.

CoolBreeze
03-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I liked Kiko alot, he will be missed. But I'm extremely surprised more of you aren't excited. This is an excellent trade! We did just fine without Kiko last year. McCoy is a top 5 back and is greater than Spiller in many ways. Him in Greg Roman's offense should be fun to watch... IMO it's a great trade..IM PUMPED!!!

GingerP
03-03-2015, 05:30 PM
That's a bit of an overreaction don't you think? McCoy is still one of the best rb in the league. I'm sure they are going to address the OL in fa. I'd of rather used Kiko to get a QB too but this move is not a disaster.

McCoy is really good, but he was running in a spread offense with a really good OL and may not be as good with the Bills. He isn't the biggest guy and has some mileage. Plus, he makes a lot of money for a RB. It seems like a risky move, but I agree he is an upgrade for Buffalo.

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM
David Harris is awful, if he's our solution....lol.

we waste too many resources on RBs, that's why this trade is complete garbage. That and the fact we're trading for a guy on the back end of his career. Kiko was ok against the run, nothing special, but his ability in pass coverage was excellent from day 1. Bradham is the only LB on the roster with range to cover, the rest are going to get burned, unless we hit the draft again which we won't.

hate this move. Typical bills. RB position isn't something we should have on the front burner, and yet resources are spent on RBs.

mccoy struggled last season when his OL was basically on IR, with the bills he has no OL. Just dumb.

GingerP
03-03-2015, 05:34 PM
You have to think Rosenhaus is going to angle for a new contract, with more guarantees.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:34 PM
The solution to losing Kiko is Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham. That's who will be replacing the lost athleticism not David Harris/(Insert other FA LB name).

Night Train
03-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Love it.

Kiko is an outside LB coming off a bad injury and McCoy is a premium stud RB who has zero issue running between the tackles and making big plays.

Ballsy move and I love that this organization is not sitting on their hands anymore. Now concentrate on the OL, get Moore or someone serviceable at QB and we got something going here. Draft is loaded with good OL to be had on Friday and Saturday.

Very happy.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
The more time that goes by (as in minutes) the more I like the deal for the Bills perspective. Kiko is an animal but too many people let his big plays cover for his flaws (over pursuit, swallowed at POA).

You trade a potential great LB for a known great RB. The risk is how long with McCoy be a great RB for? He's 2nd only to Murray for the most carries in the NFL over the last two years. Showed some signs of wearing down at 26.

Dr. Who
03-03-2015, 05:39 PM

This makes sense if we are committed to bringing in a good guard and right tackle in free agency.
I think people are underrating how good McCoy is; and everyone likes Kiko.
I am sorry to see him traded, but the d was good last year without him. The o got significantly better.

Personally, I like Whaley and Murray; they are both bold and creative thinkers.
That kind will make mistakes, but they also tend to have a good sense of the whole.
Anyway, I'm guardedly optimistic about it. As usual, in the minority here.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Just one of many things that Rex is going to do to the defense. Cannot believe you guys traded Kiko, dumb trade.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
FWIW all the guys on NFL network said they'd rather be the Bills in this trade. I think early negative reaction is because everyone here likes Kiko so much.

I loved Kiko but you have to give up something to get something. Bradham and Browns play last year made this move possible.

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
McCoy is making north of 10m a year. When Hughes walks next week, at least we'll have Rex to coach them up.

10m for a RB? Pathetic.

CoolBreeze
03-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Just one of many things that Rex is going to do to the defense. Cannot believe you guys traded Kiko, dumb trade.

Yes a terrible trade. A one year LB stud who spent his second year on IR for a proven game changing Top 5 RB, just a terrible trade...

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:49 PM
McCoy is making north of 10m a year. When Hughes walks next week, at least we'll have Rex to coach them up.
10m for a RB? Pathetic.

Only with is signing bonus which doesn't hurt us. Posted earlier in this thread

Bills inherit 3 more years. He will make $9.25M, $7.15M and $7.85M in the next 3 years.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Yes a terrible trade. A one year LB stud who spent his second year on IR for a proven game changing Top 5 RB, just a terrible trade...

Here it comes, now Kiko is average, Kiko was injury prone....blah blah blah. Most of you couldnt wait to see Kiko in Rex's system. Ground and pound? You just traded for the wrong RB for that.

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Oh so only 9.25m, for a RB. We didn't want to give that kind of money to a stud LT, but we're giving that to a back. Yes, I know, salary cap is higher, blah blah blah, but an RB shouldn't be making that kind of money in this day and age.

same old bills.

jpdex12
03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
We'll see how good this trade is in 2016.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-03-2015, 05:53 PM
my other question is what now happens to the kiko dude on this forum?

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh so only 9.25m, for a RB. We didn't want to give that kind of money to a stud LT, but we're giving that to a back. Yes, I know, salary cap is higher, blah blah blah, but an RB shouldn't be making that kind of money in this day and age.

same old bills.

Calm down. McCoy had already told Philly he was willing to renegotiate his deal, no reason to believe that he wouldn't be willing to do the same in Buffalo.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 05:54 PM

Kiko im sure will not approve....

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Here it comes, now Kiko is average, Kiko was injury prone....blah blah blah. Most of you couldnt wait to see Kiko in Rex's system. Ground and pound? You just traded for the wrong RB for that.

Nope. Hate to lose Kiko. I think he'll only get better but you have to give up something good to get something good. We'll see how it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully he leaves!

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Nope. Hate to lose Kiko. I think he'll only get better but you have to give up something good to get something good. We'll see how it works out.

I see Rex changing the defense more, growing pains.

CoolBreeze
03-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Lets be honest Kiko was a very, very good player for us his rookie season. Above average at the very least. I will miss Kiko, but the dude is coming back from an awful knee injury he obtained from working out. We give him up for McCoy. Who is a top 5 arguably top 3 back, and gets more than solid production almost every single year he's been in the league.

Bills win this trade!!

EDS
03-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Only with is signing bonus which doesn't hurt us. Posted earlier in this thread

But isn't the Bills cap hit $10 million next season? That leaves around $22 million under the cap, right, with Hughes, draft picks, etc. to sign?

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Calm down. McCoy had already told Philly he was willing to renegotiate his deal, no reason to believe that he wouldn't be willing to do the same in Buffalo.

Lets see it happen then, lets see him restructure when his career is riding on our Front Offices ability to completely turn around the OL in the next 8 weeks.

GreedoII
03-03-2015, 06:04 PM
u people are overreacting. Kiko is coming off an ACL injury you idiots...the D was 4th without him u idiots....some fans are just dumb and stupid. U all crying cause u all just bought Kiko jerseys

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Lets see it happen then, lets see him restructure when his career is riding on our Front Offices ability to completely turn around the OL in the next 8 weeks.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But you acting outraged over a contract that he has already said he was willing to renegotiate is a bit dramatic. Especially given how many years we never spent to the cap. After years of fans *****ing about that, now we're going to ***** because we may pay 10+ million to a Top 5 RB?

Night Train
03-03-2015, 06:05 PM

A stroke is my guess. I'll sleep well.

tomz
03-03-2015, 06:06 PM
I see Rex changing the defense more, growing pains.

Actually, this not a change from last year. McCoy can certainly handle lots of touches but with Fred and Boobie and Brown spelling it could be good. However, they did pick up a large salary at RB when the draft is strong.

This reminds me of one of those things we'll look back on and think of as a turning the corner moment.

Mace
03-03-2015, 06:06 PM
They should have fired Whaley before he could screw anything else up, but no. RB's are just sooooo hard to find. If Ryan was on board with it, he's an idiot too.

cookie G
03-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Kiko im sure will not approve....

Kiko wanted out of Buffalo because people on this board were mean to him.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Actually, this not a change from last year. McCoy can certainly handle lots of touches but with Fred and Boobie and Brown spelling it could be good. However, they did pick up a large salary at RB when the draft is strong.

This reminds me of one of those things we'll look back on and think of as a turning the corner moment.

Turning the corner? Where? Kiko had a very cap friendly contract. And you still dont have a QB.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
I'd be a lot happier if we got something we actually needed in return, like NT, DE, Oline or QB. I'm certainly not against trading Kiko, but not for a RB with that size contract. Hopefully it works out for the best.

If anybody doubted Whaley was aggressive and a gambler, this certainly should put that to rest.

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But you acting outraged over a contract that he has already said he was willing to renegotiate is a bit dramatic. Especially given how many years we never spent to the cap. After years of fans *****ing about that, now we're going to ***** because we may pay 10+ million to a Top 5 RB?

Its about allocation of resources, and smart fans have been *****ing about how we allocate our resources. When you have the OL problems, a good DE as a UFA, and no QB then yeah I'm going to ***** when we waste resources on a ****ing RB. If you're spending that much on a RB you have serious issues.

Im acting outraged because nothing has changed with this org. Right now, McCoy is making top dollar to run behind a piss poor OL. You're assuming he will take a cut, because he said he would do so while running behind an excellent OL. Maybe McCoy tells Whaley to **** off. Who's holding the cards, McCoy is.

Bills just traded a good player for a good back, where is Whaleys leverage to get McCoy to take a cut? Is he going to threaten McCoy, you'll be cut if you don't take a cut? No leverage, Chip had some.

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Here it comes, now Kiko is average, Kiko was injury prone....blah blah blah. Most of you couldnt wait to see Kiko in Rex's system. Ground and pound? You just traded for the wrong RB for that. nope wont say Kiko was injury prone. Kiko was a legend.

I will say this though. We SWEPT the jets without Kiko and with less proven talent than MCCoy last year. I feel another sweep of your jests next year which is why you're here. I smell fear in your every post.

I don't blame you. You should be scared. Bills added a weapon on offense and you're stuck with Geno.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCoy and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make noise about wanting an extension and/ or declining to report. Bills bracing for that already</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/572910368965697536">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:17 PM
nope wont say Kiko was injury prone. Kiko was a legend.

I will say this though. We SWEPT the jets without Kiko and with less proven talent than MCCoy last year. I feel another sweep of your jests next year which is why you're here. I smell fear in your every post.

I don't blame you. You should be scared. Bills added a weapon on offense and you're stuck with Geno.

Dont forget, you still have EJ, and you just took a good chunk out of your salary cap. Scared, in now way shape or form, laughing my butt off? You bet!

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Let's face it people. We have no qb. Bills will have to win via the D and the run game. Us fans may not be happy but Roman is smiling from ear to ear

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Let's face it people. We have no qb. Bills will have to win via the D and the run game. Us fans may not be happy but Roman is smiling from ear to ear

Man, i have dealt with that for years with Rex.

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Dont forget, you still have EJ, and you just took a good chunk out of your salary cap. Scared, in now way shape or form, laughing my butt off? You bet!

A better running game will help Ej or Geno? Who do the jets have? Who cares? We'll sweep you anyways.

chris66
03-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Dumb trade. Why would you tra9de ao guy making half a mil for a guy making almost 10 at a position thats not needed. No wonder why the bills havent made the playoffs in15 years

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:20 PM
A better running game will help Ej or Geno? Who do the jets have? Who cares? We'll sweep you anyways.

Im sure you will sweep us, and you still wont make the playoffs......again.

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Man, i have dealt with that for years with Rex.
Geno was Rexys doing? News to me

IlluminatusUIUC

Exactly. 48 hours ago, guys on this forum couldn't wait to see Kiko in Ryan's defense and now he's a bum who wanted out of Buffalo.

McCoy and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make noise about wanting an extension and/ or declining to report. Bills bracing for that already
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 4, 2015 (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/572910368965697536)
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is great. Maybe McCoy can get the trade voided.

don137
Deep RB draft, McCoy has high salary cap and best days behind him.

Starting to really lose faith in Whaley.

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Im sure you will sweep us, and you still wont make the playoffs......again.as long as we wipe our feet on the basement dwellers :D

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Geno was Rexys doing? News to me

Geno, the Sanchez pre-season injury. Clock management, his big mouth, his infatuation with beating nobody but the Pats. I can go on and on.

kingJofNYC
03-03-2015, 06:24 PM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.148438) 0px 1px 3px; width: 500px; " title="Embedded Tweet" height="211"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

but he's going to take a pay cut out of sheer excitement in joining this joke of a franchise

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none; "></iframe>

Famous Amos
03-03-2015, 06:25 PM
I am having a hard time reconciling this trade!
Kiko Alonso was a fresh of breath air. He has great instincts, is an excellent tackler, has a nose for the ball and is super athletic. His play tailed off after about 8 games and then the injury occurred in the off season. This is going to be an instance where we're going to question, "What if?" What if Kiko returned to Buffalo? What kind of player was he going to be? Would he continue to get better or would the injury affect his play? What if Kiko became the next Zach Thomas? Or the next Sam Cowhart?

It kind of feels unnecessary. Whether via the deep RB draft, free agency or just promoting from within, the Bills would find a guy or two to slot in at running back. I havednt watched much of LeSean McCoy. I have no idea what his game is. I know the Bills are looking for a guy who is a power runner that works between the tackles. I also know our line between the tackles suck. So what is the play? Find a middling RB and sure up the offensive line or get McCoy and hope he can make due with our ****ty offensive line? Are the Bills going to improve the offensive line at all? We still don't have a quarterback.

I think i would have rather the Bills traded for Nick Foles to be honest and roll with Boobie Dixon and Action Jackson. But we got a shiny new toy in Lesean McCoy, who has a nickname I guess, Shady? Is that a self given nickname?

Is that what it felt like when the Sabres traded Pierre Turgeon away? I was too young when that happened but I remember Turgeon playing on the Blues, I think, when he was older and I was miffed that he actually played for Buffalo and I never got to see him play for us.

I feel like we might regret this in the long run. But only time will tell. McCoy is a game changer, what Spiller should have been but never amounted to. Let's hope McCoy still has something left in the tank. We may have traded for a beautiful sports car while overlooking the 100,000 miles on the odometer.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Deep RB draft, McCoy has high salary cap and best days behind him.

Starting to really lose faith in Whaley.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed RB has been taken off the draft board, unless (as I stated elsewhere) they already plan on cutting one of the current three.

chris66
03-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed RB has been taken off the draft board, unless (as I stated elsewhere) they already plan on cutting one of the current three.
My guess would be Fred. Bills now have about 14 tied up in rb

Night Train
03-03-2015, 06:30 PM

This is a good crop of O Lineman. That's where the draft could easily go, if they don't make a run at the San Fran Guard Iupati.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 06:31 PM
This is a good crop of O Lineman. That's where the draft could easily go, if they don't make a run at the San Fran Guard Iupati.

Why not both?

Mace
03-03-2015, 06:32 PM
McCoy and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make noise about wanting an extension and/ or declining to report. Bills bracing for that already
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 4, 2015 (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/572910368965697536)

Sweet. But Alonso didn't want to be here. Great work.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
But i thought everyone wanted to play for Rex?

paladin warrior
03-03-2015, 06:35 PM
What!!! What wrong with that:perplex: ..He is top #5 RB .I like that trade. :usflag:

Night Train
Rosenhaus is just doing his job but has worked very well with the Bills in the past.

McCoy needs to absorb this for a few days and talk to Rex.

BertSquirtgum
******ed trade. Expensive rb for a cheap lb. Like I said. ******ed trade by the ******ed bottom of the barrel Buffalo Bills. Stupids ******s.

Where is the idiot with the Kiko username? I bet he wants to cry right now.

colin
03-03-2015, 06:37 PM
So here is my take: Hough's and Mario/bradham are olb close to the line and are terrors at the point and pass rushing. At ilb we need big thumpers, bradham Preston and spikes do that. Kiko being a bit long and slight and having been hurt doesn't make you think he's about that up the gut life. Good trade

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2015, 06:39 PM
and for the love of god. I hate the trade but Mccoy is 26 for christ sake. Quit acting like the guy is about to be put in a nursing home. He has plenty left in the "tank".

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
and for the love of god. I hate the trade but Mccoy is 26 for christ sake. Quit acting like the guy is about to be put in a nursing home. He has plenty left in the "tank".

He'll be 27 by the time the season starts, and halfbacks have the shortest shelf lives of any position. In 2012, Chris Johnson was 27 and one of the best backs in the league. By 2014, he was a backup on a terrible team and he might be out of the league in a month. Investing heavily in any halfback is a horrible idea, but one who's already played out his rookie deal is by far the worst.

HAMMER
03-03-2015, 06:46 PM

I almost named my new dog Kiko last year but decided not to in case he left after his rookie deal and went to the Pats or Dolphins. Good thing I named him Smokey!

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
He'll be 27 by the time the season starts, and halfbacks have the shortest shelf lives of any position. In 2012, Chris Johnson was 27 and one of the best backs in the league. By 2014, he was a backup on a terrible team and he might be out of the league in a month. Investing heavily in any halfback is a horrible idea, but one who's already played out his rookie deal is by far the worst.

horse****

Shady25
03-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Kiko is obviously upset he is leaving Buffalo.. but Kiko more then approves of the return that Buffalo got for a 3rd year LB with 1 torn ACL, 4 DWI's and a chip on his shoulder.

Welcome Shady to Buffalo with open arms.. Watkins and McCoy is going to be more than exciting, doesn't even matter if we suited up Rex to play QB.

billser
03-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Kiko had 3-6 good games. Had a lot of fortunate things go his way. That and the fact that he missed all of last yr make him anything but sure thing. McCoy is no questions asked playmaker. Had you proposed this trade before I'd say no way philly does it. Not saying it's a def great trade but I can see why it was done and don't understand the complete one sided reaction.

don137
03-03-2015, 06:56 PM
I rather go after DeMarco Murray and keep Alonzo.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 06:59 PM
I guess this means the Bills aren't going to sign Adrian Peterson.

Thank God.

No draft picks given up?

Deal.

Good to know the Bills won't be drafting a running back in the early rounds.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 07:05 PM
I rather go after DeMarco Murray and keep Alonzo.

I'd have rather gone after Iupati, kept Alonso, and drafted a halfback.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:10 PM
My guess would be Fred. Bills now have about 14 tied up in rb

Fred has about a $2.5 million cap hit next year. It all boils down to how well he plays in training camp.

I think he'll make the team as the 3rd back. Dixon is probably the odd man out.

Fred's experience in the locker room alone is worth the price, and come late in the season when the Bills really need a tough yard or two, a well rested Fred Jackson is the best thing next to an actual running back insurance policy.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 07:10 PM
I'd have rather gone after Iupati, kept Alonso, and drafted a halfback.

Why can't we still go after Iupati?

Plenty of salary cap and we could make more.

The cap just went up by $5M more than expected.

Luisito23
03-03-2015, 07:12 PM
If running backs are a dime a dozen like so many people are claiming, why is it that every team doesn't have a Shady or AP on their team?

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 07:14 PM
If running backs are a dime a dozen like so many people are claiming, why is it that every team doesn't have a Shady or AP on their team?

Because its a passing league now.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm torn. A stud RB for a stud LB.

A stud RB 6 years into his career vs a stud LB only 3 years into his career and taking on $9 million in cap space. Horrible move for the Bills IMHO.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 07:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCoy and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make noise about wanting an extension and/ or declining to report. Bills bracing for that already</p>— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/572910368965697536">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

When LaCanfora actually gets something right I'll start paying attention to him

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Geno, the Sanchez pre-season injury. Clock management, his big mouth, his infatuation with beating nobody but the Pats. I can go on and on.
Wow for a jets fan you sure don't know your team. Geno as Idzyks doing. Not Rexy.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 07:24 PM
So here is my take: Hough's and Mario/bradham are olb close to the line and are terrors at the point and pass rushing. At ilb we need big thumpers, bradham Preston and spikes do that. Kiko being a bit long and slight and having been hurt doesn't make you think he's about that up the gut life. Good tradeH

Hughes and Spikes coming back is a pretty big assumption.

Luisito23
03-03-2015, 07:25 PM
LOL...Alonso had a good half a season, was hurt in college and was hurt in the NFL, when did he all of a sudden become this mythical "stud LB"?

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
When LaCanfora actually gets something right I'll start paying attention to him

ESPN is confirming the report of Shady having an issue with Bills.

See Mike Rodak's most recent tweet.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM

This year's top 10 in rushing, listed by how the team acquired them:

1) 3rd round
2) 2nd round
3) 2nd round
4) Trade (4th and 5th rounder)
5) 7th rounder
6) UDFA
7) 2nd rounder
8) 2nd rounder
9) 3rd rounder
10) 4th rounder

That looks like halfbacks are easy to find.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:29 PM

The full tweet/report from ESPN's Josina Anderson confirming LaCanfora's earlier report:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl146j

A source close to McCoy on whether they believe McCoy will make a trade to Buffalo difficult, in light of McCoy’s initial reaction to the news: "It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. In your mind, when you think of Buffalo you think of cold and losing games. It’s not like it’s the Philadelphia market where you’re always on t.v. and you’re playing for the division title…It was unexpected. I'll tell you that much.”

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 07:31 PM
LOL...Alonso had a good half a season, was hurt in college and was hurt in the NFL, when did he all of a sudden become this mythical "stud LB"?

Didnt he have like 150+ tackles and 4 picks in his rookie year? I would say that is pretty damn good and potential to be a good to great LB

Novacane
03-03-2015, 07:31 PM

I'm not worried about it. What's he gonna do? Retire?

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:34 PM
This year's top 10 in rushing, listed by how the team acquired them:

1) 3rd round
2) 2nd round
3) 2nd round
4) Trade (4th and 5th rounder)
5) 7th rounder
6) UDFA
7) 2nd rounder
8) 2nd rounder
9) 3rd rounder
10) 4th rounder

That looks like halfbacks are easy to find.

Easy to find in the 2nd or 3rd round on average after looking at the above.

The Bills freed up their 2nd or 3rd round draft picks with the acquisition of McCoy.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:35 PM
And more...
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl145j

A source close to LeSean McCoy on how the #Eagles RB feels about news of an agreement to trade him to Buffalo: "He’s a Pennsylvania kid. He’s never played football outside of Pennsylvania—high school, college, pro. So of course he's not happy. Sounds like it’s pretty final to me unless LeSean is refusing to go to Buffalo."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not worried about it. What's he gonna do? Retire?

He could simply refuse to report.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 07:38 PM
And more...

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine he's shocked. Give it time to set in. He'll report.

wmoz11
03-03-2015, 07:43 PM
He probably doesn't realize that Buffalo is closer to Pittsburgh than Philly is. I know he's from Harrisburg, but it's not as if he was shipped to Oakland.

EDS
03-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Why not both?

Because they no longer have the cap space to do so.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:45 PM
And more...

- - - Updated - - -

PA, NY, and the Pegulas have a lot in common so I don't think it will be hard for LeSean to find common ground with the Bills.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Confirming or just rehashing the already posted article? These days I don't thing most news organizations check facts instead just claim "a source says" and just quote of someone elses report. I hate spending that much coin on a RB. As this team wasn't a RB away from being a playoff team. It was an improved O-line, TE and better QB away. Incognito helps the O-line not sure how losing $9m in cap space is going to help us improve the TE and QBs positions oh and we might lose an above pass rusher now because we don't have the cap room to re-sign him. We better redo McCoys deal to make it more cap friendly. This is also looks like a move that says, well we can't improve our QB too much so we might as well surround him with a better RB etc. Personally I would have favored moving Kiko and a day three pick for Foles instead of McCoy.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 07:47 PM
And more...

- - - Updated - - -

Darwin Walker for Spikes and Holcomb part 2. Between that and trading Peters to them, why the hell do we trade with the Eagles? As to me they are one of the 10 run teams in the NFL and making this trade with us proves ones again how wise they are.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Confirming or just rehashing the already posted article? These days I don't thing most news organizations check facts instead just claim "a source says" and just quote of someone elses report. I hate spending that much coin on a RB. As this team wasn't a RB away from being a playoff team. It was an improved O-line, TE and better QB away. Incognito helps the O-line not sure how losing $9m in cap space is going to help us improve the TE and QBs positions oh and we might lose an above pass rusher now because we don't have the cap room to re-sign him. We better redo McCoys deal to make it more cap friendly. This is also looks like a move that says, well we can't improve our QB too much so we might as well surround him with a better RB etc. Personally I would have favored moving Kiko and a day three pick for Foles instead of McCoy.

Confirming with quotes from the source.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Easy to find in the 2nd or 3rd round on average after looking at the above.

The Bills freed up their 2nd or 3rd round draft picks with the acquisition of McCoy.

Uh.. they "freed up" their 2nd/3rd round pick by taking on a 9+ million salary. That's back asswards thinking.

I want to build a run game the way Dallas, Seattle, and Philly did - by spending high picks on linemen and then plugging cheap halfbacks behind them.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Roman knows how to run the ball. The niners were great at it. McCoy in that system should be great to watch. Get Iupati. Draft another lineman in the second.

psubills62
03-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Not really a fan of it.

I get it. Our QB situation sucks, and Roman is an OC who loves to run the ball. Now we've got a top RB. Fine. But I've never placed that much value on RB's, when the OL is what matters. Build an OL and you can find late rounders who will run well enough behind it.

In terms of Kiko, I was a big fan. It makes sense that they had a couple LB's emerge this year, so he wasn't necessary. Maybe he had his flaws, but I loved two things about his game: 1) he was a three down LB who could cover. That's pretty rare. 2) He creates turnovers. Fine, maybe he had POA weaknesses. But turnovers are so valuable in football, it is hard to see someone who knows how to create them get traded away.

The injury makes me dislike it a little less, since Kiko is a risk. But still, don't like seeing him go for a RB who isn't that far from going downhill.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 08:09 PM

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Roman knows how to run the ball. The niners were great at it. McCoy in that system should be great to watch. Get Iupati. Draft another lineman in the second.

With Incognito I don't think we push hard for another O-lineman, we might bring in a veteran to compete with Williams/Richardson for depth maybe a guy like Adam Snyder who can also contribute depth at OT.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Uh.. they "freed up" their 2nd/3rd round pick by taking on a 9+ million salary. That's back asswards thinking.

I want to build a run game the way Dallas, Seattle, and Philly did - by spending high picks on linemen and then plugging cheap halfbacks behind them.

You're calling Murray and Lynch cheap?

I'm confused.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2015, 08:17 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Murray, Lynch, and Shady were never cheap.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 08:17 PM
With Incognito I don't think we push hard for another O-lineman, we might bring in a veteran to compete with Williams/Richardson for depth maybe a guy like Adam Snyder who can also contribute depth at OT.

Incognito is crap now.

We absolutely need to sign a top tier FA Guard and draft a Guard in the 2nd round.

Our OL was crap last year and I don't buy it was all Marrone's fault. The talent was simply not there.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 08:26 PM
You're calling Murray and Lynch cheap?

I'm confused.

Murray and Lynch were acquired with a 3rd rounder and a 4th/5th rounder in trade, respectively. Murray made less than 3 million total playing for the Cowboys. Lynch did get one big deal from the Hawks, but they are likely letting him walk now once he wants another extension.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make any sense. Murray, Lynch, and Shady were never cheap.

Murray was absolutely cheap, man. Look up his contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarco-murray/

Giving McCoy his big deal was a mistake, which is why Philly is dealing it away.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Incognito is crap now.

We absolutely need to sign a top tier FA Guard and draft a Guard in the 2nd round.

Our OL was crap last year and I don't buy it was all Marrone's fault. The talent was simply not there.

We have $18million to play with now with Shady in tow yet with our cash to cap philiosophy we might only have $11m. I can't see us putting half of that into a veteran OG.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 08:31 PM
There's more to it than that. McCoy was being phased out of Philly. Just like every Philly player ever. Obviously taking on that contract is not ideal, but excited that we are acquiring elite players.

Jry44
03-03-2015, 08:35 PM
My take is that we won't really know how this pans out until September.

Yes, Kiko was a fan favorite and an absolute stud for us... for around 8 games. He definitely hit a rookie wall, but experience could have helped him work hard in the off season to avoid that. However, the only way to really see that is to see the guy on the field, which we have not. I loved the prospects of Kiko, but at this point, the defense got better without him, so I'm not sure that he's a huge loss.

McCoy fills a huge void. Our offense was so poor last season because we had nothing, period. QB play was bad and the run game did very little to help. I get that the oline was pretty bad over all, but the backs didn't really jump out at you either. Cj was too much of a bounce outside runner. Fred Jax definitely lost his explosiveness. McCoy was a serious need for this team, and the FO knew this last off season and tried to address it with BB. The way I see it is that we traded a position in which we had a wealth of depth for a RB that is considered to be in the top 5 of his position. Right now, I view this as a win-win on paper. Both players have equal pros and cons, and each fill a serious void for each new team.

On a side note.... who in the hell is scoring TD's for Philly now? Sproles? McCoy is out, DJax is gone, and Maclin is an UFA now. I thing Chips ego is getting the best of him...

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2015, 08:37 PM
McCoy already is showing signs of slowing down. Hate the move.
By rushing for third most yards in the NFL last year?

Mace
03-03-2015, 08:38 PM
I thing Chips ego is getting the best of him...

I think Chip knows exactly what he's doing.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 08:39 PM
My take is that we won't really know how this pans out until September.

Yes, Kiko was a fan favorite and an absolute stud for us... for around 8 games. He definitely hit a rookie wall, but experience could have helped him work hard in the off season to avoid that. However, the only way to really see that is to see the guy on the field, which we have not. I loved the prospects of Kiko, but at this point, the defense got better without him, so I'm not sure that he's a huge loss.

McCoy fills a huge void. Our offense was so poor last season because we had nothing, period. QB play was bad and the run game did very little to help. I get that the oline was pretty bad over all, but the backs didn't really jump out at you either. Cj was too much of a bounce outside runner. Fred Jax definitely lost his explosiveness. McCoy was a serious need for this team, and the FO knew this last off season and tried to address it with BB. The way I see it is that we traded a position in which we had a wealth of depth for a RB that is considered to be in the top 5 of his position. Right now, I view this as a win-win on paper. Both players have equal pros and cons, and each fill a serious void for each new team.

On a side note.... who in the hell is scoring TD's for Philly now? Sproles? McCoy is out, DJax is gone, and Maclin is an UFA now. I thing Chips ego is getting the best of him...

I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles land Andre Johnson either in a trade or through free agency if he gets cut. The could also be a surprise play for DeMarco Murray now that they have close to $30 million of cap space cleared up with their recent moves.

GingerP
03-03-2015, 08:39 PM
This just seems risky. It has a "shiny toy" feel to it. It feels like the Bills are paying for past production.

They are giving up a good young LB on a cheap contract for a RB that is making a lot of money. Kiko is coming off injury, but he is young and an ACL is a pretty routine injury these days.

There is no doubt McCoy is a dynamic player, but he has some mileage. His 626 carries are the most in the NFL the last 2 years. His 1,566 touches over the last 5 years ties Matt Forte for the most over that span. You could see the Bills giving up a good, young LB and taking on a sizeable contract, only to have him break down on their watch. McCoy doesn't have the biggest frame, give his workload there is reak risk he could break down.

better days
03-03-2015, 08:40 PM
The Eagles better be sending their first rnd pick with McCoy as well for me to be happy about this deal.

Boomstick
03-03-2015, 08:41 PM
I am having a hard time reconciling this trade!
Kiko Alonso was a fresh of breath air. He has great instincts, is an excellent tackler, has a nose for the ball and is super athletic. His play tailed off after about 8 games and then the injury occurred in the off season. This is going to be an instance where we're going to question, "What if?" What if Kiko returned to Buffalo? What kind of player was he going to be? Would he continue to get better or would the injury affect his play? What if Kiko became the next Zach Thomas? Or the next Sam Cowhart?

It kind of feels unnecessary. Whether via the deep RB draft, free agency or just promoting from within, the Bills would find a guy or two to slot in at running back. I havednt watched much of LeSean McCoy. I have no idea what his game is. I know the Bills are looking for a guy who is a power runner that works between the tackles. I also know our line between the tackles suck. So what is the play? Find a middling RB and sure up the offensive line or get McCoy and hope he can make due with our ****ty offensive line? Are the Bills going to improve the offensive line at all? We still don't have a quarterback.

I think i would have rather the Bills traded for Nick Foles to be honest and roll with Boobie Dixon and Action Jackson. But we got a shiny new toy in Lesean McCoy, who has a nickname I guess, Shady? Is that a self given nickname?

Is that what it felt like when the Sabres traded Pierre Turgeon away? I was too young when that happened but I remember Turgeon playing on the Blues, I think, when he was older and I was miffed that he actually played for Buffalo and I never got to see him play for us.

I feel like we might regret this in the long run. But only time will tell. McCoy is a game changer, what Spiller should have been but never amounted to. Let's hope McCoy still has something left in the tank. We may have traded for a beautiful sports car while overlooking the 100,000 miles on the odometer.

You get a thanks from me just for that

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Incognito is crap now.

How do you know? He was a probowler his last full season.....

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 08:43 PM
The Eagles better be sending their first rnd pick with McCoy as well for me to be happy about this deal.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills send a pick along with Kiko.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2015, 08:43 PM
You get a thanks from me just for that

We got Lafontaine for Turgeon..... I felt amazing about it.

Jry44
03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I think Chip knows exactly what he's doing.

Based on what?

He's shipped his only play makers out of town. And his team crashed hard last season down the stretch. So again I ask.... what is this basis on?

Sure his fast paced style might work great during an 11 game college season. But i'm not so sure that it doesn't wear down a group of older players during the course of a 16 game season.

chernobylwraiths
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
A speed linebacker with now two serious knee injuries for one of the best running backs in the game? I think that is a win.

I liked Kiko a lot, but this defense was pretty damned good without him last year. They needed a running back and got one of the best. This is a team that makes bold moves now. Who knows what bold move is next? I like it.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 08:52 PM
From Week 5-17 last season, LeSean McCoy ranked 2nd behind only rushing champion DeMarco Murray (1,311) in total rush yds with 1,127. For you people saying he's slowing down. Good grief.

Mr. Pink
03-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Based on what?

He's shipped his only play makers out of town. And his team crashed hard last season down the stretch. So again I ask.... what is this basis on?

Sure his fast paced style might work great during an 11 game college season. But i'm not so sure that it doesn't wear down a group of older players during the course of a 16 game season.

I was a fan of Chip Kelly and his style of football coming to the NFL but he's quickly becoming Steve Spurrier 2.0 jettisoning off the talent and replacing it with guys he coached in college.

If he keeps this behavior up he's gonna crash and burn and soon.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I was a fan of Chip Kelly and his style of football coming to the NFL but he's quickly becoming Steve Spurrier 2.0 jettisoning off the talent and replacing it with guys he coached in college.

If he keeps this behavior up he's gonna crash and burn and soon.

Let's hope he trades a bunch to get Mariota and we can somehow pry Foles away from him for a 6th or 7th Rounder.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2015, 09:03 PM
From Week 5-17 last season, LeSean McCoy ranked 2nd behind only rushing champion DeMarco Murray (1,311) in total rush yds with 1,127. For you people saying he's slowing down. Good grief.

Dummies. They don't do any research... Just upset an overrated LB with a blown out knee was traded for whatever reason

Mr. Pink
03-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Dummies. They don't do any research... Just upset an overrated LB with a blown out knee was traded for whatever reason

He's a blue collar white dude with a high motor.

We love high motor white boys around here, you know this!

better days
03-03-2015, 09:18 PM
A speed linebacker with now two serious knee injuries for one of the best running backs in the game? I think that is a win.

I liked Kiko a lot, but this defense was pretty damned good without him last year. They needed a running back and got one of the best. This is a team that makes bold moves now. Who knows what bold move is next? I like it.

Well, the Bills could have signed DeMarco Murray as a FA, one of the best RB's in the game & Kiko would still be a Bill.

I would have liked that move much better.

better days
03-03-2015, 09:19 PM

And the Bills could have signed Murray as a FA & kept Kiko.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 09:35 PM
And the Bills could have signed Murray as a FA & kept Kiko.
Or had a 1/32 shot at him.

This tells me they are worried about Kiko's injury.

better days
03-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Or had a 1/32 shot at him.

This tells me they are worried about Kiko's injury.

Well, Shady has to want to come to the Bills just as Murray would have to want to come to the Bills.

I think the salary would be comparable & I would rather have Murray myself.

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Kiko wanted out of Buffalo because people on this board were mean to him.

Does he have a daughter??

Has she been seen writing letters??

sukie
03-03-2015, 11:04 PM

High motor and white... Redundancy abounds!!! I love love love this move. The polish windshield was redundantly white as well.... Losing him was no big shakes.

Beebe
03-04-2015, 12:42 AM
And we play the Eagles this year in Philly.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Well, Shady has to want to come to the Bills just as Murray would have to want to come to the Bills.

I think the salary would be comparable & I would rather have Murray myself.

Murray is NOT under contract, He has options, Shady is under contract, His options are, Play, Or sit!!

Famous Amos
03-04-2015, 04:53 AM

I like this.

Famous Amos
03-04-2015, 04:59 AM

Dennalsay!

don137
03-04-2015, 05:07 AM
By rushing for third most yards in the NFL last year?

He had over 300 carries. He went from 5.1 YPC in 2013 to 4.2YPC last year. That is a big drop.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 05:11 AM
He had over 300 carries. He went from 5.1 YPC in 2013 to 4.2YPC last year. That is a big drop.

Look how many times he touched the ball fewer than 20 times per game tho.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoLe01.htm

Night Train
03-04-2015, 05:15 AM
The more time that goes by (as in minutes) the more I like the deal for the Bills perspective. Kiko is an animal but too many people let his big plays cover for his flaws (over pursuit, swallowed at POA).

You trade a potential great LB for a known great RB. The risk is how long with McCoy be a great RB for? He's 2nd only to Murray for the most carries in the NFL over the last two years. Showed some signs of wearing down at 26.

Kiko reminds me of Shane Conlin. All heart and effort but with a body that can't take the pounding of an NFL LB.

My memory isn't that bad. He was all world the 1st half of 2013, then tailed off considerably the 2nd half of the season from the pounding he took. Then a major off-season injury and rehab in 2014. Meanwhile, Bills run D drastically improves without him last year.

I wish the guy all the best but this is a trade I make 10 out of 10 times. With questions at QB, you get a chance to aquire the stud RB to ground and pound and improve the OL in FA and with a draft showing very good quality all across the OL.

DraftBoy
03-04-2015, 05:32 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills send a pick along with Kiko.

Already been reported there are no draft picks involved. This is a straight up one for one swap.

Shady25
03-04-2015, 09:47 AM
mingia... pleasing Bills fans is impossible.. Kiko firmly believes that if we would have went out and signed Demarco Murray, people would complain about the cost, as well as him being injury prone. Buffalo took a top 3 RB for a top 3 ILB prospect. Kiko understands the salary implications, but thats what you do when you have a good to elite player.. you pay him.

Shady is one of 3 elite talents on the Bills.. Dareus, Watkins, and McCoy. He immediately became our most reliable and go to player on offense.

Kiko approves.

notacon
03-04-2015, 01:10 PM
The one sided response here (negative) reminds me of the bandwagon response when Orton was named starting QB last year. Most posts were saying he was a huge upgrade and there was talk of gaudy won-liost records and playoffs.

I was one of the very few (if only) that said he sucked and would never deliver in any of the over the top predictions we saw on this site. I was vilified and insulted.....until my prediction came painfully true for everyone to see. Orton sucked.

I see the same thing going on here McCoy has been one of the best running backs in the league. I can't believe that anyone would look at this blockbuster trade negatively. You're crazy if you are.

Our running games sucked. I love Freddy's, but, he's done as an every down runner. Spiller has been a joke since he was wrongfully drafted.

This is the best trade the Bills have done for years and I never expected anything so smart from such a historically bad front office.

This has got Rex Ryan's fingerprints all over it.

EDS
03-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Look how many times he touched the ball fewer than 20 times per game tho.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoLe01.htm

He had 20 or more touches in 10 games in 2014 versus 20 or more touches in 11 games in 2013; in the aggregate he had 2 few carries in 2014 versus 2013.

BidsJr
03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Only way I make this trade is if I already have something in place to get a QB that is ready to compete for a championship this year.

And there you have it.

EDS
03-04-2015, 03:08 PM
And there you have it.

So you would not have made the McCoy trade?

BidsJr
03-04-2015, 03:22 PM
So you would not have made the McCoy trade?

Cassel=Orton>Dilfer.

IF the Bills had McCoy's production last year they are in the playoffs.

I think this is a playoff team with Cassel and McCoy.

The Jokeman
03-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Cassel=Orton>Dilfer.

IF the Bills had McCoy's production last year they are in the playoffs.

I think this is a playoff team with Cassel and McCoy.

Assuming our defense is in the top 10 I think that's fair but I'd also want to improve our TE situation. As to me Cassel=Orton, McCoy > Jackson/Spiller Incognito>Richardson/Urbik now we just need a pass rusher that can produce 6-9 sacks which is no easy task so maybe we draft someone in Round 2 and bring in a veteran like Jabaal Sheard or Lamar Woodley and a S = Searcy and could see LaRon Landry being a cheap alternative. Yet with us not having Hughes (as don't think we can afford him with McCoy's salary in place) that's still a question mark.

better days
03-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Assuming our defense is in the top 10 I think that's fair but I'd also want to improve our TE situation. As to me Cassel=Orton, McCoy > Jackson/Spiller Incognito>Richardson/Urbik now we just need a pass rusher that can produce 6-9 sacks which is no easy task so maybe we draft someone in Round 2 and bring in a veteran like Jabaal Sheard or Lamar Woodley and a S = Searcy and could see LaRon Landry being a cheap alternative. Yet with us not having Hughes (as don't think we can afford him with McCoy's salary in place) that's still a question mark.

Top 10?

Rex has said the Bills Defense will be the #1 Defense in the NFL. That is just the way it is.

The Jokeman
03-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Top 10?

Rex has said the Bills Defense will be the #1 Defense in the NFL. That is just the way it is.

If we go to a 34 base front I could see us struggling at times as don't see having the D-line to run it and/or don't have faith we'll keep Hughes and/or find a suitable replacement so we might take a step down this year.

better days
03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
If we go to a 34 base front I could see us struggling at times as don't see having the D-line to run it and/or don't have faith we'll keep Hughes and/or find a suitable replacement so we might take a step down this year.

Rex said " #1 Defense, that is just the way it is." at his first PC as Bills HC.

We will see.

djjimkelly
03-04-2015, 09:21 PM
ive been away for a coupole weeks and wow good for the bills this is one of the best RBs in football