PDA

View Full Version : Kiko Wanted Out of Buffalo

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report Eagles have traded Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso. One for one trade I'm told. Alonso had wanted out of Buffalo.

I can't understand why.

We love him in Buffalo.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 05:15 PM
they mighta told him he was gonna be a backup. they do have enough lbs playing well to field a good unit, especially when they run a 4-3. still, you would think they would want to scheme kiko in since he was a three down player

perhaps they are not as sold on the kiko legend as we are. if thats their determination, then so be it. i will have to trust their judgment and hope we are surprised as how good the deal turns out. right now that seems a longshot but ...

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 05:16 PM
You know what, I just smoked a bowl, And now I'm ok with this.

Kiko is coming off a major knee injury, He's on the small side for a LB, And the Bills did just fine with out for a whole year.

Hell, I kind of forgot he was even on the team, McCoy is a major upgrade over Spiller.

I just don't understand how they did not try to get a QB tho..

Don't Panic
03-03-2015, 05:20 PM
A backup?? Dude excelled in Pettines defense. He was starting here... guaranteed.

If anything I think this may signal a play for Suh.

black N yellow
03-03-2015, 05:22 PM
hmm. LaCanfora, the same guy who reported Marrone was going to coach the Jets.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I am liking the trade more as well.

Shady is only 27 years old and is a great RB.

Kiko's injury is not his first and he is undersized.

The size of the salary cap hit for Shady bothers me, but if we haven't spent to the cap in years.

If we sign the best FA Guard and draft a Guard with our 2nd round pick, we might have the kind of ground game that could win 10 games.

Goobylal
03-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Ryan obviously signed-off on the trade. That's all you need to know.

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 05:30 PM
It would sting a little less if Kiko did indeed want out of town..

If that was the case, Got a pretty good player in return, Who can hit the long ball.

Everyone want's a QB, Hardest position to fill in all of pro sports.

Goobylal
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM

If that was the case, Got a pretty good player in return, Who can hit the long ball.

I assume people didn't get the memo that the Bills are going to roll with a strong defense, ST's, and running game, while they find their franchise QB (which isn't coming in the draft or FA and will have to come by way of EJ). This is another piece of that plan, and Kiko didn't play last year.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2015, 05:33 PM
give me bradford or give me death.

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 05:33 PM
People are just shocked, In a day or two they will be cool with this, No one saw it coming.

X-Era
03-03-2015, 05:42 PM
LaCandouche hates the Bills... he's probably just spewing hate as fact when its conjecture

YardRat
03-03-2015, 05:44 PM
A backup?? Dude excelled in Pettines defense. He was starting here... guaranteed.

He was very poor against the run playing in the middle, and no I'm not taking this stance because he's no longer a Bill, my opinion of Kiko is well documented and goes back to his rookie year.

Shady25
03-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Kiko cannot believe this.

RedEyE
03-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Curious how McCoy feels about this.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
hmm. LaCanfora, the same guy who reported Marrone was going to coach the Jets.

One of many who had that report.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Kiko cannot believe this.

So you're leaving us for an Eagles board?

Mace
03-03-2015, 05:54 PM
People are just shocked, In a day or two they will be cool with this, No one saw it coming.

I'm not going to be cool with this. It was stupid. They should have fired Whaley before he dorked anything else up. Alonso was the perfect Ryan system LB, and if Ryan himself instead wanted an 11 million dollar running back when they could have drafted a cheaper one, then he hasn't learned a crap and will cheerfully lead us nowhere, but loudly and with a merry vibe.

RedEyE
03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Twist: Eagles also sign Spiller...

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm not going to be cool with this. It was stupid. They should have fired Whaley before he dorked anything else up. Alonso was the perfect Ryan system LB, and if Ryan himself instead wanted an 11 million dollar running back when they could have drafted a cheaper one, then he hasn't learned a crap and will cheerfully lead us nowhere, but loudly and with a merry vibe.

If Kiko wanted out....What do you do??

Write Kiko a letter and tell him you're mad!

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Start up a fund to put up a billboard.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Bet on it!

OpIv37
03-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah everyone always wants out of Buffalo for some reason or another... It's really getting old.

Night Train
03-03-2015, 06:06 PM

The Eagles cleared space for Suh.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Curious how McCoy feels about this.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports new Bills RB LeSean McCoy is expected to "make noise about wanting an extension," and could even threaten to decline to report to training camp.
Per La Canfora, the Bills are "bracing for that already." A trade is a perfect time to angle for a new deal, but already due at least $6.9 million each of the next four seasons, Shady isn't going to get it. McCoy will likely/understandably be sour about the deal for some time, but he's going to work for one of the league's great salesmen in Rex Ryan. By the time camp rolls around, Shady should be hungry to prove he's still one of the game's best offensive players.

Mace
03-03-2015, 06:14 PM

He's a 1 year linebacker who bathes in snow and has never complained about anything but not being able to hit people, getting a chance to play for a Rex Ryan defense. Why would he want out to begin with and if he did, good, get real mad and make other teams want you even more next year and we'll see what we can do for you after you get back from being bathed in glory.

What would I say to him ? Every defensive player wants to play for Rex don't they ? What would Rex say to him ? "Well, McCown is a guy I REALLY like and...I'd really rather have a running back for millions more..."

It's stupid, no matter how you frame it.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah everyone always wants out of Buffalo for some reason or another... It's really getting old.

The majority of posters here did the same.

Mace
03-03-2015, 06:29 PM

I wanted out about 2 decades ago for professional opportunity which I figured would get me a house here in the end anyway because I like the place.

But these professional sports teams are starting to make me sad.

The Natrix
03-03-2015, 06:38 PM
If it's true that he wanted out, well then, don't let the door hit ya on the way out, Kiko!

Hope you don't hurt your knee again.

cookie G
03-03-2015, 06:40 PM
He's a 1 year linebacker who bathes in snow and has never complained about anything but not being able to hit people, getting a chance to play for a Rex Ryan defense. Why would he want out to begin with and if he did, good, get real mad and make other teams want you even more next year and we'll see what we can do for you after you get back from being bathed in glory.

What would I say to him ? Every defensive player wants to play for Rex don't they ? What would Rex say to him ? "Well, McCown is a guy I REALLY like and...I'd really rather have a running back for millions more..."

It's stupid, no matter how you frame it.

On the other hand, his Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip commercial ran its course.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eDPKpfrfSTs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He realized it was time to move on.

Does Campbells have a Philly Cheesesteak soup?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
If it's true that he wanted out, well then, don't let the door hit ya on the way out, Kiko!

Buffalo fans just eat this **** up. It's like blowing a dog whistle. Kiko goes from one of the most beloved players on the team to team to "Get this ******* to the airport" because of one tweet.

Mr. Pink
03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
I've seen plenty of ILB's make lots of tackles and do nothing special over the years...

D'Qwell Jackson is another one of them.

I don't think Shady brings a Superbowl but Kiko wasn't bringing one either.

Plus bringing in more marquee stars might actually get players around the league to want to come here to play including an actual NFL caliber QB.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 06:47 PM

Wouldn't that be the Buffalo way? Kiko and Spiller end up with rings, the Bills still looking for oline and QB.

Mr. Pink
03-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't that be the Buffalo way? Kiko and Spiller end up with rings, the Bills still looking for oline and QB.

With what QB are the Eagles gonna win rings with?

Not to mention the fact that Chip Kelly is moving all of Philly's talent out and replacing it with Oregon Ducks.

The Natrix
03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Kiko is nothing special anyway. People just want to overrate him because he's white and has a cool name.

Shady25
03-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Kiko is a Bills fan born and raised.. that will never change. while this was initially a shock, does anyone understand we got the next best RB to AP, or the one Buffalo already traded in Lynch?

YardRat
03-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Kiko is a Bills fan born and raised.. that will never change. while this was initially a shock, does anyone understand we got the next best RB to AP, or the one Buffalo already traded in Lynch?

If you want your user name changed to 'Shady' an admin could probably hook you up.

stuckincincy
03-03-2015, 07:22 PM

Buffalo - the City of Good Neighbors. :tip:

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Buffalo - the City of Good Neighbors. :tip:

"Talking proud. Talking proud."

justasportsfan
03-03-2015, 07:28 PM
He wanted out?

I hope.than injury prone punk ends up drunk and waking up in Lecters living with his pants down

Luisito23
03-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Who's to say they didn't try?

Novacane
03-03-2015, 07:44 PM
"Talking proud. Talking proud."

3-0 Tampa at the end of 2 :bf1:

OpIv37
03-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Don't confuse being out with wanting out. I never wanted to leave WNY. Life just took me in that direction. Unfortunately, opportunities in WNY can be limited,

stuckincincy
03-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, opportunities in WNY can be limited,

Unlike taxes.

swiper
03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
So let me get this straight...

Alonso wanted out of Buffalo.

And McCoy refuses to accept a trade to Buffalo?

The Pegulas have some work to do.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 08:46 PM
So let me get this straight...

Alonso wanted out of Buffalo.

And McCoy refuses to accept a trade to Buffalo?

The Pegulas have some work to do.

More like damage control

swiper
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Both players want to play for the Eagles.

Jason Peters making the rounds?

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Both players want to play for the Eagles.

What is the reason Kiko wants out of Buffalo?

swiper
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
What is the reason Kiko wants out of Buffalo?

IDK. It was the opening post.

Jry44
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
You know what, I just smoked a bowl, And now I'm ok with this.

Kiko is coming off a major knee injury, He's on the small side for a LB, And the Bills did just fine with out for a whole year.

Hell, I kind of forgot he was even on the team, McCoy is a major upgrade over Spiller.

Like who? QB's are a t such a premium league wide. Going out and getting one is much, much easier said then done since there are such few humans beings on this planet that can play that position at a high level.

TacklingDummy
03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Kiko is nothing special anyway. People just want to overrate him because he's white and has a cool name.

I'm not upset trading a white, undersized, high motor, coming off a knee injury LB.

I'm upset that they traded him for a running back. This is a passing league now. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

DesertFox24
03-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm Jason laconfora hates the bills and all small market teams not named pitt or Green Bay. He is making stuff up. Some guy probably said I wonder if he wanted out so he just ran with it as a source. Unfollow him I did

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not upset trading a white, undersized, high motor, coming off a knee injury LB.

I'm upset that they traded him for a running back. This is a passing league now. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

They want a ground and pound to take pressure off QB until they found one.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 10:00 PM
where is this mccoy refusing a trade to bflo coming from

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2015, 10:23 PM
where is this mccoy refusing a trade to bflo coming from

I think it's coming from Mccoy.

swiper
03-04-2015, 04:43 AM
I think it's coming from Mccoy.

It's coming from his agent.

Famous Amos
03-04-2015, 05:01 AM

I was bummed out a bit knowing that Marshawn Lynch didnt like playing here.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 05:03 AM
His ego took a hit!!!

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 05:04 AM
I was bummed out a bit knowing that Marshawn Lynch didnt like playing here.

He was here in some real bad times tho, I was bummed out being a fan, I could only imagine what the players felt.

Famous Amos
03-04-2015, 05:07 AM
He was here in some real bad times tho, I was bummed out being a fan, I could only imagine what the players felt.

That is true.

Raptor
03-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Of the "Breaking News" guys in the media Laconfora is the worst in my opinion. His stuff is shaky at best

If Kiko does have an issue its likely du to the Bills costing him a accrued season

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Of the "Breaking News" guys in the media Laconfora is the worst in my opinion. His stuff is shaky at best

If Kiko does have an issue its likely du to the Bills costing him a accrued season

Sounds like he got the players wrong, McCoy is the one who wanted out.

Hard for me to see why Kiko would...

DraftBoy
03-04-2015, 05:36 AM
It's coming from his agent.

It's not from Rosenhaus. He has already played his card when he proclaimed there was no deal. The source that both CBS and ESPN are quoting and citing is likely somebody within McCoy's circle.

- - - Updated - - -

LaCanfora was first, but this has since been confirmed by ESPN as well.

swiper
03-04-2015, 07:08 AM
It's not from Rosenhaus. He has already played his card when he proclaimed there was no deal. The source that both CBS and ESPN are quoting and citing is likely somebody within McCoy's circle.

Oh?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/527167757897715712/93Q5Q2uI_bigger.jpegJason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); right: 15px;"> 14h14 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/572910368965697536)</small>
McCoy and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make noise about wanting an extension and/ or declining to report. Bills bracing for that already