PDA

View Full Version : Shady trade just the beginning?

YardRat
03-03-2015, 07:04 PM
https://twitter.com/joebuscaglia

The <s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) are being VERY aggressive. I would not at all be surprised if there is another move soon.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Hope so, an exciting offseason would be a nice change of pace.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh Christ who are they unloading next? Kyle Williams?

CoolBreeze
03-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Just the tip of the iceberg

Doug Whaley- the ultimate GM Madden player

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:12 PM
https://twitter.com/joebuscaglia

The <s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) are being VERY aggressive. I would not at all be surprised if there is another move soon.

Who does Doug Whaley think he is, Tim Murray?

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:14 PM
EJ Manuel, anyone?

YardRat
03-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Quite the difference from previous regimes. You wanted culture change? You got it.

Whaley's pretty determined to either build a winner or go down with guns blazing.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 07:16 PM
This may signify a move to resign hughes and move him and mario to olb to make room for Suh. Dareus in the middle with Kyle and Suh at ends?

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Quite the difference from previous regimes. You wanted culture change? You got it.

Whaley's pretty determined to either build a winner or go down with guns blazing.

Whaley knows his time is limited.

The Bills take a step back this year and he is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

This may signify a move to resign hughes and move him and mario to olb to make room for Suh. Dareus in the middle with Kyle and Suh at ends?

Hughes is gone.

The Bills will not pay him the $10M+ he wants.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 07:20 PM
I love how aggressive Whaley is. It is such a nice change. Dude is trying to strike while the iron is hot. I can overlook mistakes more than I can overlook gm's sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Who else can be traded?

Dareus for a 1st round pick?

The 2015 NFL Draft has a lot of defensive talent to offer up front.

If the Bills can replace Dareus for a player that will make a fraction of his salary, they're going to do it.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 07:30 PM

Mario and Hughes (or his replacement) were moving outside regardless of moving Kiko. I don't see Dareus playing nose at all, and KW isn't the best fit at 4-5tech DE either.

yordad
03-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Yeah dareus for the number 2 pick in the draft

YardRat
03-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Who else can be traded?

Dareus for a 1st round pick?

The 2015 NFL Draft has a lot of defensive talent to offer up front.

If the Bills can replace Dareus for a player that will make a fraction of his salary, they're going to do it.

I'd be pissed if they traded Dareus.

I can't think of anybody else that would make a big splash or get much in return, though.

DraftBoy
03-03-2015, 07:33 PM
If the Bills add a QB (say Bradford/Foles) they will become the trendy team to pick for the postseason next year.

Novacane
03-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Dareus for a first round pick? No NO NO NO!

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 07:37 PM
If Eagles go bonkers for Mariota, they are draft day trading Foles to us. Also, Chicago at 7 is an interesting landing spot for Mariota and would make Cutler available I imagine. I'd prefer the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

Dareus for a first round pick? No NO NO NO!Never a fan of trading what already is for a could be.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Mario and Hughes (or his replacement) were moving outside regardless of moving Kiko. I don't see Dareus playing nose at all, and KW isn't the best fit at 4-5tech DE either.
I don't know Hughes played end in the Pettine system and was productive.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:39 PM
I'd be pissed if they traded Dareus.

I can't think of anybody else that would make a big splash or get much in return, though.

The Mongolian Buffet would be very happy.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Hughes is gone. I'd rather spend the big money on Suh up front, in the trenches.

stuckincincy
03-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Hughes is gone. I'd rather spend the big money on Suh up front, in the trenches.

Yes, but Suh will more likely be on the benches for numerous games if he doesn't stop stomping on player's ankles. He was lucky he didn't have to sit out the DET-DAL playoff game for stomping on Aaron Rodgers.

..."Suh has been criticized for his aggressive style of play and has been fined a total of $420,669 by the NFL for seven player-safety violations, and suspended once (for two games), resulting in the loss of $165,294 in pay."...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndamukong_Suh

WagonCircler
03-03-2015, 07:55 PM
I love how aggressive Whaley is. It is such a nice change. Dude is trying to strike while the iron is hot. I can overlook mistakes more than I can overlook gm's sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

Drunks in bar fights are aggressive, too. And that never ends well.

"Dude" is an idiot.

While I don't hate the idea of trading Kiko, I hate any deal right now that doesn't end up in the acquisition of a QB, because I fear the "Dude" is still trying to cover his ass by fixing the unfixable, egregious mistake he made in EJ Manuel.

Buffalogic
03-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Drunks in bar fights are aggressive, too. And that never ends well.

"Dude" is an idiot.Negative. Pretty impressive for Doug Whaley though. This started as the 8th overall pick in 2013 which was traded to Stl so they could draft Tavon Austin. He picked Kiko with Stl’s second rounder. Kiko blows out his knee, out for an entire year and then trades him for a top 5 running back. Pretty good progression there.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Yes, but Suh will more likely be on the benches for numerous games if he doesn't stop stomping on player's ankles. He was lucky he didn't have to sit out the DET-DAL playoff game for stomping on Aaron Rodgers.

..."Suh has been criticized for his aggressive style of play and has been fined a total of $420,669 by the NFL for seven player-safety violations, and suspended once (for two games), resulting in the loss of $165,294 in pay."...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndamukong_Suh

Good. That's the kind of player I want.

At least he's not smoking fake dope and crashing his Jaguar in to the Mongolian Buffet as a hobby.

YardRat
03-03-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't know Hughes played end in the Pettine system and was productive.

The dline under Pettine was DE Dareus/NT Kyle/DE Carrington then Branch (replaced Alex when he was injured). Hughes was pretty much exclusively a Jack LBer, just as Mario was the Sam. One of the differences between Pettine and Rex is Rex expects more coverage responsibilities from the outside LBers, which isn't either player's strong suit.

swiper
03-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Hope so, an exciting offseason would be a nice change of pace.

Bills HAD a pretty decent team at most positions. If the off-season doesn't include a definitive QB upgrade, it will have been disappointing once again.

jlgarsh
03-03-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm curious to see the team's next move

better days
03-03-2015, 09:51 PM

That would be AWESOME!

Night Train
03-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Looks like Philly cleared cap room for Suh.

TacklingDummy
03-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Sign Suh.
Trade Dareus and the rest of the draft for the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.
I'd be a happy camper.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 10:23 PM
"Dude" is an idiot.

now theres a double entendre i agree with

jlgarsh
03-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Luca Brasi is going to be paying the Saints GM a visit tonight, to "advise" him to trade Drew Brees to Buffalo for EJ Manuel and a Conditional 7th round draft pick....

Seriously though, they must be searching for some type of QB

WagonCircler
03-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Luca Brasi is going to be paying the Saints GM a visit tonight, to "advise" him to trade Drew Brees to Buffalo for EJ Manuel and a Conditional 7th round draft pick....

Hopefully they sent Tom Hagen.

Visits by Luca end up with him sleeping with the fishes.

Beebe
03-04-2015, 12:44 AM
And we play the Eagles this year in Philly.

Joe Fo Sho
03-04-2015, 05:45 AM
And we play the Eagles this year in Philly.

Haha, I feel like I've seen this in every thread. I picture you saying it like on Waterboy...AND IT'S BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK!