PDA

View Full Version : Something I am not happy with

DesertFox24
03-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Kiko was and is a good player as is McCoy. Why is it that bills fans feel the need to belittle kiko because we traded him. He was runner up for def rookie of the year and has a potently promising career ahead of him.

Yes his role with us was expendable due to the emergence of Bradham and brown but that is no reason to minimize what the guy did to make you feel like we "won" the trade.

For us this trade probably helps us more this season as we have no QB and having a scary run offense will help whomever qb is.

That being said in the long run the Eagles may get a player for longer as McCoy will be 27. Hopefully in 3 or 5 years we have a franchise back.

Mace
03-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Kiko was and is a good player as is McCoy. Why is it that bills fans feel the need to belittle kiko because we traded him. He was runner up for def rookie of the year and has a potently promising career ahead of him.

Yes his role with us was expendable due to the emergence of Bradham and brown but that is no reason to minimize what the guy did to make you feel like we "won" the trade.

For us this trade probably helps us more this season as we have no QB and having a scary run offense will help whomever qb is.

That being said in the long run the Eagles may get a player for longer as McCoy will be 27. Hopefully in 3 or 5 years we have a franchise back.

Whipped dogs will even wag their tails when you strangle them to death. Tanking is good, being a whipped dog is fine, and we don't really have to pay so much of that attention when you're happy thinking everyone knows better than you do, so best to be happy and argue with people who find the obvious aggravating because you aren't wagging your tail like they are.

Wag your tail and be a good little dog.

Night Train
03-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Agreed... but sometimes it's a reaction to the chorus line that logs in every day to crap on every single thing the Bills do, especially now with a new owner and coach attempting to change the recent past.

Meathead
03-03-2015, 10:15 PM
kiko is as good a player as mccoy? really?

even before the trade i would have thought it was silly to say something like that. mccoy has accomplished things in the nfl that only a tiny fraction of players at any position ever reach. kiko was impressive for his first season but has accomplished nothing else in the nfl. way way way too early to know if he will ever reach mccoys status and frankly i seriously doubt it

my issue w the trade is the age/cost difference might not represent value in the long run. but to put the two players on the same level at this point is pretty silly

ICRockets
03-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I love Kiko Alonso, and I'll be rooting for him in Philly. He was my favorite Bill since Bruce. But Shady McCoy is a God-tier RB in the NFL, and with the dearth of options at QB this offseason he's the exact type of impact player we had to bring in. His presence, along with that of Greg Roman, will attract free agent offensive linemen to Buffalo. A guy like Jahri Evans or Mike Iupati will jump at the chance to block for a guy who is going to make them look good on their worst days.

jills
03-04-2015, 12:25 AM

I'm not thrilled either, McCoy has a lot of wear on his tires, he's expensive and won't have a great OL blocking for him like he did in Philly. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see him putting up similiar stats with us.

Topas
03-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Well, and McCoy is not the type of runner Gore was in SF. Lets see what Rex and Roman will do with him. If they just run him up the gut, this will be a failure...

Night Train
03-04-2015, 03:08 AM
Well, and McCoy is not the type of runner Gore was in SF. Lets see what Rex and Roman will do with him. If they just run him up the gut, this will be a failure...

A quicker Thurman. He can catch a ton of swing passes.

YardRat
03-04-2015, 04:31 AM
I'm certainly not nearly the fan of Kiko that many are and have criticized him over the past couple of seasons so I'm pretty comfortable where I stand, but I would have rather gotten a different position in return.

swiper
03-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Agreed... but sometimes it's a reaction to the chorus line that logs in every day to crap on every single thing the Bills do, especially now with a new owner and coach attempting to change the recent past.

I like the trade and like Alonso. Still will root for him. You can't criticize the people that get down on the Bills. You have to admit they have made a litany of mistakes over the years. Especially recent years.

As someone else pointed out, you can't get all "Whaley is awesome" over this one. He needs to bring a QB. He needs to pull together a Drew Bledsoe-type trade. Until he does it, this is all, as John McCain likes to say, putting lipstick on the pig. You can only go so far in today's NFL with ground & pound and playing defense. Because Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc, are going to throw for their yards, even on a good defense. The rules are set up that way now.

[PS: I only like the trade if McCoy agrees to it and come and plays - otherwise ....oops]

Raptor
03-04-2015, 05:06 AM
agreed, Kiko still has a very bright future

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 05:15 AM
I'm certainly not nearly the fan of Kiko that many are and have criticized him over the past couple of seasons so I'm pretty comfortable where I stand, but I would have rather gotten a different position in return.

Me too, But I think Philly called Buffalo, They had no plan on moving Kiko until Philly said would you like McCoy, We like Kiko.

Forward_Lateral
03-04-2015, 06:21 AM
What player has the ball in their hands the most during a game besides the QB? The RB. 2nd most important position on the team. Now the Bills have a probowler, who's 27 years old, at that position for years to come.

Linebackers are easy to find in the draft. The Bills have proved that year after year with Kiko, Bradham, Brown, etc. Arguing that Kiko's value is higher than McCoy's is downright, well, dumb.

Goobylal
03-04-2015, 06:46 AM
I love Kiko, but after a 2nd ACL injury to the same knee in the past 4 years, and the way he faded as 2013 wore on, he's a question mark. Moveover, the Bills did just fine without him last year.

DesertFox24
03-04-2015, 07:47 AM
kiko is as good a player as mccoy? really?

even before the trade i would have thought it was silly to say something like that. mccoy has accomplished things in the nfl that only a tiny fraction of players at any position ever reach. kiko was impressive for his first season but has accomplished nothing else in the nfl. way way way too early to know if he will ever reach mccoys status and frankly i seriously doubt it

my issue w the trade is the age/cost difference might not represent value in the long run. but to put the two players on the same level at this point is pretty silly

That was a type meant to say kiko is a good player. McCoy is a good player as well. Point was it was not like we traded our 53rd player for their best offensive player

DesertFox24
03-04-2015, 07:51 AM
I agree lb and RB are typically easiest poaitions to find in draft. The point I made is posters Re trying to make kiko look like a bad ball player because we traded him. He is a good ball player with a lot of potential. That being said I have already pointed out that I think we won with immediate returns but if kiko becomes An annual all pro this will look bad

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2015, 11:57 AM
What player has the ball in their hands the most during a game besides the QB? The RB. 2nd most important position on the team. Now the Bills have a probowler, who's 27 years old, at that position for years to come.

Linebackers are easy to find in the draft. The Bills have proved that year after year with Kiko, Bradham, Brown, etc. Arguing that Kiko's value is higher than McCoy's is downright, well, dumb.

You're gonna pull that card to justify trading for a halfback? Really?

stuckincincy
03-04-2015, 12:07 PM

BUF's lb corps has been odious for many a year. They are not easy to find in the draft. They got a hit with Alonso, Poz, Cowert, perhaps Braham. They got hits with traded-for Fletcher and others.

jimmifli
03-04-2015, 12:13 PM
BUF's lb corps has been odious for many a year. They are not easy to find in the draft. They got a hit with Alonso, Poz, Cowert, perhaps Braham. They got hits with traded-for Fletcher and others.
I think Whaley's batting 1000 on LBs. Brown, Kiko Bradham, and trading Shep for Hughes. I'm not much of a Whaley fan, but the dude knows LB talent.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2015, 12:17 PM
I think Whaley's batting 1000 on LBs. Brown, Kiko Bradham, and trading Shep for Hughes. I'm not much of a Whaley fan, but the dude knows LB talent.

You don't survive in the Pittsburgh organization without some eye for linebackers, but Bradham was a Nix pick and Hughes did his best work as a DE imo.

jimmifli
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM
You don't survive in the Pittsburgh organization without some eye for linebackers, but Bradham was a Nix pick and Hughes did his best work as a DE imo.
Wasn't Whaley on staff for Bradham? I thought he was an assistant GM or some made up title for that draft.

And Hughes being an OLB or DE isn't a huge distinction for an edge pass rusher, also the other side of that trade was that he recognized Sheppard sucked while lots of people still thought he could be good.

jamze132
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
I'll sure miss Kiko and what he could have brought to our defense this year. BUT, we did have the #4 defense in the NFL last year without him and we just added one of the most dynamic RBs in the NFL. I like the trade.

DesertFox24
03-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Joe B said an interesting thing this morning. The drop in talent between Kiko, Bradham, and Brown is very small. The drop in talent between McCoy, Brown, Jackson, Dixon is huge. Add in the fact that the bills believe Bradham and Brown can be 3 down LBs and so is Kiko, one of them became a luxury. And he is correct we will be in 2 LB sets way more than 3 LB sets. That being said I can understand the trade. We have no QB and the best way to protect them is to have an elite run game and elite def. I expect us to use our draft on OL and TEs (Nick Oleary) and probably FA as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Wasn't Whaley on staff for Bradham? I thought he was an assistant GM or some made up title for that draft.

And Hughes being an OLB or DE isn't a huge distinction for an edge pass rusher, also the other side of that trade was that he recognized Sheppard sucked while lots of people still thought he could be good.

If you're giving him credit for Bradham because he was on Nix's staff, you have to give him blame for drafting Sheppard in the first place. Two picks before Justin Houston.

jimmifli
03-04-2015, 01:52 PM
If you're giving him credit for Bradham because he was on Nix's staff, you have to give him blame for drafting Sheppard in the first place. Two picks before Justin Houston.

I thought he played more of a role that draft, at least according to the media. But fine, why nitpick? I think I countered your argument well enough.

If you do want include all the LB picks since he's been here, add Moats and a couple of late rounders that still have roster spots. He drafts LBs pretty well.

There are reasons to dislike this trade, but Whaley's inability to draft a replacement isn't one of them.