X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Something I am not happy with

Kiko was and is a good player as is McCoy. Why is it that bills fans feel the need to belittle kiko because we traded him. He was runner up for def rookie of the year and has a potently promising career ahead of him.

Yes his role with us was expendable due to the emergence of Bradham and brown but that is no reason to minimize what the guy did to make you feel like we "won" the trade.

For us this trade probably helps us more this season as we have no QB and having a scary run offense will help whomever qb is.

That being said in the long run the Eagles may get a player for longer as McCoy will be 27. Hopefully in 3 or 5 years we have a franchise back.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Something I am not happy with

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Kiko was and is a good player as is McCoy. Why is it that bills fans feel the need to belittle kiko because we traded him. He was runner up for def rookie of the year and has a potently promising career ahead of him.

Yes his role with us was expendable due to the emergence of Bradham and brown but that is no reason to minimize what the guy did to make you feel like we "won" the trade.

For us this trade probably helps us more this season as we have no QB and having a scary run offense will help whomever qb is.

That being said in the long run the Eagles may get a player for longer as McCoy will be 27. Hopefully in 3 or 5 years we have a franchise back.
    Whipped dogs will even wag their tails when you strangle them to death. Tanking is good, being a whipped dog is fine, and we don't really have to pay so much of that attention when you're happy thinking everyone knows better than you do, so best to be happy and argue with people who find the obvious aggravating because you aren't wagging your tail like they are.

Wag your tail and be a good little dog.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Agreed... but sometimes it's a reaction to the chorus line that logs in every day to crap on every single thing the Bills do, especially now with a new owner and coach attempting to change the recent past.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

kiko is as good a player as mccoy? really?

even before the trade i would have thought it was silly to say something like that. mccoy has accomplished things in the nfl that only a tiny fraction of players at any position ever reach. kiko was impressive for his first season but has accomplished nothing else in the nfl. way way way too early to know if he will ever reach mccoys status and frankly i seriously doubt it

my issue w the trade is the age/cost difference might not represent value in the long run. but to put the two players on the same level at this point is pretty silly
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ICRockets
          Childish Fake Voter
          • Jul 2008

I love Kiko Alonso, and I'll be rooting for him in Philly. He was my favorite Bill since Bruce. But Shady McCoy is a God-tier RB in the NFL, and with the dearth of options at QB this offseason he's the exact type of impact player we had to bring in. His presence, along with that of Greg Roman, will attract free agent offensive linemen to Buffalo. A guy like Jahri Evans or Mike Iupati will jump at the chance to block for a guy who is going to make them look good on their worst days.

Comment

• jills
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post

I'm not thrilled either, McCoy has a lot of wear on his tires, he's expensive and won't have a great OL blocking for him like he did in Philly. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see him putting up similiar stats with us.

Comment

• Topas
              German smartass
              • Feb 2014

Well, and McCoy is not the type of runner Gore was in SF. Lets see what Rex and Roman will do with him. If they just run him up the gut, this will be a failure...

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                Well, and McCoy is not the type of runner Gore was in SF. Lets see what Rex and Roman will do with him. If they just run him up the gut, this will be a failure...
                A quicker Thurman. He can catch a ton of swing passes.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm certainly not nearly the fan of Kiko that many are and have criticized him over the past couple of seasons so I'm pretty comfortable where I stand, but I would have rather gotten a different position in return.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    Agreed... but sometimes it's a reaction to the chorus line that logs in every day to crap on every single thing the Bills do, especially now with a new owner and coach attempting to change the recent past.
                    I like the trade and like Alonso. Still will root for him. You can't criticize the people that get down on the Bills. You have to admit they have made a litany of mistakes over the years. Especially recent years.

As someone else pointed out, you can't get all "Whaley is awesome" over this one. He needs to bring a QB. He needs to pull together a Drew Bledsoe-type trade. Until he does it, this is all, as John McCain likes to say, putting lipstick on the pig. You can only go so far in today's NFL with ground & pound and playing defense. Because Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc, are going to throw for their yards, even on a good defense. The rules are set up that way now.

[PS: I only like the trade if McCoy agrees to it and come and plays - otherwise ....oops]

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

agreed, Kiko still has a very bright future

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                        Victimizing The Victimizer
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I'm certainly not nearly the fan of Kiko that many are and have criticized him over the past couple of seasons so I'm pretty comfortable where I stand, but I would have rather gotten a different position in return.
                        Me too, But I think Philly called Buffalo, They had no plan on moving Kiko until Philly said would you like McCoy, We like Kiko.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

What player has the ball in their hands the most during a game besides the QB? The RB. 2nd most important position on the team. Now the Bills have a probowler, who's 27 years old, at that position for years to come.

Linebackers are easy to find in the draft. The Bills have proved that year after year with Kiko, Bradham, Brown, etc. Arguing that Kiko's value is higher than McCoy's is downright, well, dumb.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

I love Kiko, but after a 2nd ACL injury to the same knee in the past 4 years, and the way he faded as 2013 wore on, he's a question mark. Moveover, the Bills did just fine without him last year.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              kiko is as good a player as mccoy? really?

even before the trade i would have thought it was silly to say something like that. mccoy has accomplished things in the nfl that only a tiny fraction of players at any position ever reach. kiko was impressive for his first season but has accomplished nothing else in the nfl. way way way too early to know if he will ever reach mccoys status and frankly i seriously doubt it

my issue w the trade is the age/cost difference might not represent value in the long run. but to put the two players on the same level at this point is pretty silly
                              That was a type meant to say kiko is a good player. McCoy is a good player as well. Point was it was not like we traded our 53rd player for their best offensive player

Comment

Working...
                              X