• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

With Roughly 13 Mil Left In Cap Space, Possible Bills Cap Cuts

The Buffalo Bills 2024 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.

Urbik is obvious.

Wood didn't anchor well at C last year and I wonder.

Kyle Williams probably gets another year until Dareus gets his new deal.

Could it finally be the end of the road for Fred J ?

Discuss
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: With Roughly 13 Mil Left In Cap Space, Possible Bills Cap Cuts

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Urbik is obvious.

Discuss
    1) McCoy gets a new deal with a lower cap hit
    2) Urbik is cut
    3) Mario restructures

Probably in that order.

I think the Bills are far from done and will make a few more splashes in free agency.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

By the way... it's 17.7 left after adding Cassel

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Am I right that the Bills need to resign Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn for 2016? That is going to take about $30 million annually so the Bills will need to be careful with some of the restructuring to not limit themselves going forward, and further keeping in mind that they may need to go back to the QB well as early as next season.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          By the way... it's 17.7 left after adding Cassel
          ...which puts us over $20 million if/when we cut Urbik. The McCoy thing is still in play, but I think we're a year out from asking Mario to restructure.

If it sits at $20 million and we replace Hughes with a cheaper alternative/draft pick, we should be able to still take care of every need we have... OL, TE, LB, DE/OLB and S. Even if you figure only one of the 2nd or 3rd round picks contribute, we should be just fine getting the other four with $20 million in cap space. They have put themselves in pretty good position to improve given there was no 1st rounder. You may not like the moves personally, but they are definitely means to a very legitimate end.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Urbik is obvious.

Discuss
            Woe is us if they contemplate cutting their starting center, a vet guard however disliked, with a club that saw fit to employ 3 rookie OLs on the active squad (has that ever happened?)

How is it possible for a club to mis-manage an OL for so long? As well as at last, beating out CLE for the most changing of coaches and staff.

What a...

Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-04-2015, 03:19 PM.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
              ...which puts us over $20 million if/when we cut Urbik. The McCoy thing is still in play, but I think we're a year out from asking Mario to restructure.

If it sits at $20 million and we replace Hughes with a cheaper alternative/draft pick, we should be able to still take care of every need we have... OL, TE, LB, DE/OLB and S. Even if you figure only one of the 2nd or 3rd round picks contribute, we should be just fine getting the other four with $20 million in cap space. They have put themselves in pretty good position to improve given there was no 1st rounder. You may not like the moves personally, but they are definitely means to a very legitimate end.
              As I said in my other thread I do not want to lose Spikes, Kiko, and Hughes in the same year... too much of a hit. Kiko is gone. Resign at least one of the other two. I want Hughes.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Chris Williams would offer about 2 million in room if he were cut.
                Last edited by Buffalogic; 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  Chris Williams and EJ would offer about 7 million in room if they were cut.
                  Williams maybe. Ej is here to stay until his rookie deal is up in my opinion.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    Williams maybe. Ej is here to stay until his rookie deal is up in my opinion.
                    I read EJ's numbers wrong anyway. He's got 5 mil dead cap regardless.

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

Depending what moves they make at TE, they could save about 2.3 mil by cutting Chandler.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

If Chris Williams gets cut, it won't be until after June 1. They would only save about 725k cutting him prior to June 1, but would save almost 2.5 mil after June 1.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Urbik is obvious.

Discuss
                          I'd restructure Wood in a heart beat but not cut him as he is good but far from the 2nd best Center that he's getting paid like. This is likely Kyle's last year in Buffalo unless he sticks around for a below market contract after this year.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

If it ever even becomes a slight murmur of a rumor that FJax could be a cap cut, Rex will lose the fan base before he gets to roam the sideline for his first game. I'd be surprised if they cut Urbik, but C.Williams is a possibility. Simply renegotiating Shady could add 4-6mil real quickly.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              Depending what moves they make at TE, they could save about 2.3 mil by cutting Chandler.
                              No way the Bills cut Chandler.

The Bills have neglected the TE position just as much as they've neglected to address the quarterback position.

Comment

Working...
                              X