PDA

View Full Version : Wilfork to be FA

casdhf
03-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Can he still run the nose?

Bills Juggernaut
03-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Please god no. Just for the fact that his wife would be in the stands.............

casdhf
03-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Great point :ill:

Mahdi
03-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Yes please.

Would be a great add for 1-2 years. Rex loves this kind of player.

stuckincincy
03-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes please.

Would be a great add for 1-2 years. Rex loves this kind of player.

I still scratch my head about the Bills picking Lee Evans in the #13 spot in the 2004 draft, when Wilfork was available...

Or that they didn't go balls-to-the-wall to move up and grab Ben R.

better days
03-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Wilfork can still plug the middle, but he can't move anymore & get into the back field like he used to.

No point in signing him IMO.

paladin warrior
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
No . He played with Cheater Patriot team , Forget it . He have Hugh lard butt

Ed
03-05-2015, 11:49 AM
I still scratch my head about the Bills picking Lee Evans in the #13 spot in the 2004 draft, when Wilfork was available...

Or that they didn't go balls-to-the-wall to move up and grab Ben R.
I remember reading that Donahoe did in fact try very hard to move ahead of Pitt to get Big Ben that year. They really wanted to trade with Houston who picked one spot ahead of Pitt, but Houston thought Pitt would take the player they wanted if they couldn't get Big Ben, so Houston wouldn't budge.

The last buffalo fan
03-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I remember reading that Donahoe did in fact try very hard to move ahead of Pitt to get Big Ben that year. They really wanted to trade with Houston who picked one spot ahead of Pitt, but Houston thought Pitt would take the player they wanted if they couldn't get Big Ben, so Houston wouldn't budge.

Who was Houston's pick at the time?

yordad
03-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Who was Houston's pick at the time?Dunta Robinson.

I would take Wilfork for the nose all day. Best 3 man D-line ever.

stuckincincy
03-05-2015, 12:20 PM

I also remember that. Donohue should have done more - cripes, he was the GM of a team that misfired at the most important position (save for a half year of Bledsoe) for a decade after Kelly.

They still misfire. Them and CLE, and you can add the HC merry-go-round for both. I scratch my head about both franchises.

HHURRICANE
03-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Pretty sure that Brady would be out for the season after we play them.

Ed
03-05-2015, 12:57 PM
I also remember that. Donohue should have done more - cripes, he was the GM of a team that misfired at the most important position (save for a half year of Bledsoe) for a decade after Kelly.

They still misfire. Them and CLE, and you can add the HC merry-go-round for both. I scratch my head about both franchises.
I don't know, you can't force teams to trade if they really like a player. Who knows how much it would have cost to move up at the time. I give him credit for trying. The mistake was trading away the following years 1st to move up to get JP. If they had kept that 2005 first rounder they could have drafted Aaron Rodgers.

As for Wilfork, my understanding of Rex Ryan's D is that he doesn't really use true 3-4 NT type players, so I don't know that he's even a good fit. Plus, if the Pats are willing to move on from him then that's probably a good indication that he's not worth it. For an older guy that carries so much weight, I'd question how effective he can really be anymore.

stuckincincy
03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't know, you can't force teams to trade if they really like a player. Who knows how much it would have cost to move up at the time. I give him credit for trying. The mistake was trading away the following years 1st to move up to get JP. If they had kept that 2005 first rounder they could have drafted Aaron Rodgers.

As for Wilfork, my understanding of Rex Ryan's D is that he doesn't really use true 3-4 NT type players, so I don't know that he's even a good fit. Plus, if the Pats are willing to move on from him then that's probably a good indication that he's not worth it. For an older guy that carries so much weight, I'd question how effective he can really be anymore.

He didn't try enough. He should have traded away the moon, given he was the GM of a club, like CLE, that has wandered in the desert continually hunting for a QB that would last more than a few years. The stiffs they bought didn't last because they stunk.

Perhaps I'm being hard of Donohue. Whaley sold off this year's #1 to get his boy last year in the face of a fat WR draft, now he buys the fat contract of a RB - again in the face of a strong positional draft (thanks to the rookie cap - they come cheap). A mainly outside runner, coming to join a team that doesn't appear to have the OL skills to make those necessary blocks, proceeds to purchase a QB who played 3 games last season then hurt his foot, a qb that has bounced around all his career, has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in his 11 year career.

Whaley has also proceeded to toss over picks for a team already on the short end of that stick.

Don't Panic
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Yes to Wilfork, especially if he came in under $5 million/year. I would love to see him next to Dareus and Kyle with Mario on the edge. Even as a two down player, definitely worth it.

feldspar
03-05-2015, 01:47 PM

You be the judge of that...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zIBaKgtwq5U/TAheqkFR6iI/AAAAAAAAAHg/2CS0PpiGyiU/s320/WilforkNose2.jpg

feldspar
03-06-2015, 01:39 AM

You be the judge of that...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zIBaKgtwq5U/TAheqkFR6iI/AAAAAAAAAHg/2CS0PpiGyiU/s320/WilforkNose2.jpg

Holy crap.

I spin pure gold, and not so much as a thank you?

YardRat
03-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Is he pissed that NE isn't bringing him back?

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap.

I spin pure gold, and not so much as a thank you?

There you go, Muffin.

better days
03-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Is he pissed that NE isn't bringing him back?

- - - Updated - - -

There you go, Muffin.

I read NE may bring Wilfork back on the cheap if no team signs him.

Wilfork said he loves the Patriots* & he & his wife love living where they do & he is not going to move, that is his home.

YardRat
03-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Big time pass then. The only ex-Patriots I'd consider are those that have a grudge to settle.

EDS
03-06-2015, 08:53 AM

I thought Rex does use NT types in his defense as evidence by the use of all the 330+ pounders that have manned the middle for him over the past few years - Harrison, Ellis, Pouha, etc.

feldspar
03-06-2015, 11:01 AM
There you go, Muffin.

LOL