PDA

View Full Version : La Canfora: Bills to be active, like Harris and Iupati

Shady25
03-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora) · 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/573576862468804608)

PHI and BUF will be very active. PHI to target Byron Maxwell, Jason Worilds, Devin McCourty among others. BUF like David Harris, Mike Iupati

Obviously Shady likes this.

Shady approves of the interest..

McCoy and Iupati, best additions to our team since Fletcher and Spikes.

David Harris will make sure everyone forgets about the trade completely.

better days
03-05-2015, 02:52 PM

McCoy and Iupati, best additions to our team since Fletcher and Spikes & Spikes.

Fixed that for you.

jimmifli
03-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Gibby your lame supbro imitation is old, please stap.

DesertFox24
03-05-2015, 03:24 PM
I hope we do not mortgage the future just to get to the playoffs when we do not have a QB who can actually help us win the whole thing. It would be one thing if we had a top 15 QB then doing this would be fine.

Buffalogic
03-05-2015, 04:01 PM
So since we have uncertainty at qb u don't want to improve the team?

Mace
03-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Didn't see the thread and started another. Sorry Shady, and welcome to Buffalo. Glad we got you instead of that Kiko bum.

DesertFox24
03-05-2015, 09:19 PM
So since we have uncertainty at qb u don't want to improve the team?

Wrong I want to improve the team with decent priced vets that will not break the bank or prevent us from signing the good young players we have drafted. Teams that have an elite QB and trying to win one last one before the guy goes can break the bank.

Watch if we spend big money it will blow up in our face. The only big time signing I can remember in recent years that worked out decently was Mario Williams, and he will never truly live up to that contract due to him not being a QB. Signing other teams high priced FAs does not work and there are analytic metrics that prove that.

What does work is signing your core guys to big contracts that you drafted, value FA, and drafting 2 starters and 2 depth players every year. Of course you need a QB but in this day in age you cannot win by over paying other teams players.

Raptor
03-06-2015, 05:08 AM
Rather keep Spikes, Sign me up for Iupati

Jry44
03-06-2015, 06:01 AM
The next time LaHackenfora actually hits on a report will be the first.....

YardRat
03-06-2015, 06:08 AM
lol...the dude gets paid to 'break news' about players that we've been talking about for months for ****s and giggles.

DesertFox24
03-06-2015, 08:13 AM
lol...the dude gets paid to 'break news' about players that we've been talking about for months for ****s and giggles. I cannot stand that guy, everything bills do is bad. Look I don't agree with everything bills do but he views the bills and the org as Siberia and where players go to die, not as a viable franchise.

BleedinGreenNC
03-06-2015, 03:24 PM

McCoy and Iupati, best additions to our team since Fletcher and Spikes.

You were saying.....

chris66
03-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Wrong I want to improve the team with decent priced vets that will not break the bank or prevent us from signing the good young players we have drafted. Teams that have an elite QB and trying to win one last one before the guy goes can break the bank.

Watch if we spend big money it will blow up in our face. The only big time signing I can remember in recent years that worked out decently was Mario Williams, and he will never truly live up to that contract due to him not being a QB. Signing other teams high priced FAs does not work and there are analytic metrics that prove that.

What does work is signing your core guys to big contracts that you drafted, value FA, and drafting 2 starters and 2 depth players every year. Of course you need a QB but in this day in age you cannot win by over paying other teams players.Thats exactly how the jets went from decent to suck in 3 years. Rex's first year they signed Scott, Pace, Faneca and Woody, they started trading up in the draft then boom all went up in flames

DesertFox24
03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Thats exactly how the jets went from decent to suck in 3 years. Rex's first year they signed Scott, Pace, Faneca and Woody, they started trading up in the draft then boom all went up in flamesAre you posting in agreement with me or saying my line of thinking is incorrect?

YardRat
03-06-2015, 10:19 PM
If LaCanfora actually knew anything, he would have reported the Jets were close to re-signing Harris.