PDA

View Full Version : Sign Another Free Agent Quarterback, or Let It Ride On Cassel and Manuel?

BillsImpossible
03-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Will the Bills sign another quarterback? I hope so.

Letting the 2015 season ride on Cassel, Manuel or a rookie isn't a wise bet.

EJ Manuel needs competition and he's got that in Matt Cassel, but Cassel needs competition too.

Jake Locker turns 27 years old in June. I would love to see him compete for the Bills starting job.

A 3 man quarterback competition worked well in Seattle.

My guess is that the Bills will sign another veteran QB, let them compete and keep 2 out of the 3.

The starter, the backup, and the cut.

Tuel or a rookie could be the Bills 2nd or 3rd QB.

With Cassel and Locker/or Manuel as the 1 and 2, the Bills will probably need to carry 3 QB's in 2015.

Night Train
03-05-2015, 06:39 PM
I would just sit and wait for a Vet cut later. If you draft BPA, then QB doesn't even get a glance. This rookie class blows.

The hope is Cassel pushes Manuel to work harder and improve. This is his last shot with the Bills. Let the off-season play out.

YardRat
03-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Too many other needs...EJ, Cassel, Tuel, draft pick and an UDFA. Let it ride.

BillsImpossible
03-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Too many other needs...EJ, Cassel, Tuel, draft pick and an UDFA. Let it ride.

That's a bold enough move for me.

If it doesn't work the Bills can't be blamed for not trying.

Can't make a filet mignon out of a couple of ham sandwiches.

Shady25
03-05-2015, 06:54 PM
they will draft one not sign one..

Shady thinks they resign Hughes, sign Iupati, and Harris and draft Garrett Grayson.

Mace
03-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Shady thinks they resign Hughes, sign Iupati, and Harris and draft Garrett Grayson.

If this happens, I will kiss Shady on the lips.

jimmifli
03-05-2015, 08:45 PM
I would sign one more and draft one. We need to spend resources on QBs every year until we get it right. And then we keep doing it, just in case.

Mr. Pink
03-06-2015, 11:44 AM

With what money/cap space are they doing this?

They don't have enough room to bring in both Hughes and Iupati. Either one will take the majority of the remaining cap space.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-06-2015, 12:26 PM

They can't afford all those guys, and one of the biggest reasons is you, Shady.