PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Are Still Going To Draft A Running Back

BillsImpossible
03-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Fred Jackson, Boobie Dixon and Bryce Brown are all question marks.

Shady McCoy is not a question mark at all, but if the Bills pound the ball with McCoy all season long in the power running game, they're going to need a really good backup that can step in and not skip a beat.

I doubt they do, but if the Bills have visions of running McCoy 25 times a game next year, they're crazy.

I'd rather see McCoy get about 15 carries a game, 10 carries for the rookie, and 3-5 carries for Fred Jackson in short yardage situations.

YardRat
03-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Maybe. Going to be bye-bye for Brown, though.

Shady25
03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Shady approves of Bryce Brown.

THRILLHO
03-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Get Gurley if he falls out of the first.

SpikedLemonade
03-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I would give Bryce Brown a chance.

Other than his past fumbling issues, I like the way he runs.

casdhf
03-05-2015, 07:22 PM
No way.

Mace
03-05-2015, 07:35 PM
McCoy is a huge question mark in a "power running game". He's not a power runner who thrives on contact. If they draft an RB, now, after getting one, Ryan is totally lost because they can get them as UDFA, and they just traded for an expensive guy they aren't sold on.

better days
03-06-2015, 06:07 AM

Shady McCoy is not a question mark at all, but if the Bills pound the ball with McCoy all season long in the power running game, they're going to need a really good backup that can step in and not skip a beat.

I doubt they do, but if the Bills have visions of running McCoy 25 times a game next year, they're crazy.

I'd rather see McCoy get about 15 carries a game, 10 carries for the rookie, and 3-5 carries for Fred Jackson in short yardage situations.

I heard on WGR the other day that the Bills are not looking at McCoy long term.

They want to get everything he has in him out of him for the next year or two.

You can expect McCoy to get 25-30 carries per game next year.

The Bills are not going to pay McCoy all that money to sit on the bench.

Meathead
03-06-2015, 06:39 AM
well theres riding a franchise back then theres running him until he pukes. which btw is bad

mccoy and brown was a good combo before it certainly can be again. the bills have shady for three seasons and theres a good chance he will play at least all three here. although they definitely will feed him they want to be smart about it and use the resources they have. brown hurt himself with the fumble, couldnt have made it more painful could you bryce, but hes a good runner and is a great compliment to mccoy. assuming he shows he can hold onto the ball anyway

CleveSteve
03-06-2015, 06:41 AM
With 6 picks? After they already said they want to get a guard, a tackle, and a tight end? Maybe, but if I was the Bills I'd have a tough time doing it.

better days
03-06-2015, 06:50 AM
well theres riding a franchise back then theres running him until he pukes. which btw is bad

mccoy and brown was a good combo before it certainly can be again. the bills have shady for three seasons and theres a good chance he will play at least all three here. although they definitely will feed him they want to be smart about it and use the resources they have. brown hurt himself with the fumble, couldnt have made it more painful could you bryce, but hes a good runner and is a great compliment to mccoy. assuming he shows he can hold onto the ball anyway

As I said, on WGR Joe Buscaliga said the Bills are looking to get one or two GOOD years out of McCoy.

They think that if they get a GOOD third year out of him, that is icing on the cake.

The Bills plan on getting their moneys worth out of McCoy in the next year or two by giving him the ball a lot.

k-oneputt
03-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Get Mike Davis out of South Carolina in the 4th/5th rd.

He would fit well in Rex's running game.

better days
03-06-2015, 07:18 AM
Get Mike Davis out of South Carolina in the 4th/5th rd.

He would fit well in Rex's running game.

The Bills don't have a 4th or 5th rnd pick.

They would have to trade up to do that.

CleveSteve
03-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Plus, that 5th round pick is outside the top 150 after the Cassell trade. I can't see the Bills using one of their top 3 picks on a back.

*The Bills do have their own 5th... IIRC they traded the one from Tampa in the Cassell trade. The have:

(2) 50
(3) 81
(5) 157ish after comps
(6) 186ish (from Minnesota)
(6) 192ish
(7) 234ish)

k-oneputt
03-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Well go 3rd/7th

Mace
03-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Probably the alarming thing is that McCoy is most certainly not ground and pound, despite his relative size. He knows holes better than Spiller ever will, but he's not going to carry anyone for 3 more yards, and he'll still an outside bouncer with lack of a hole that he'll see faster than Spiller could.

I still think this is not ground and pound by any means.

psubills62
03-06-2015, 08:59 PM
I'd be surprised if they drafted a RB. Already too many resources invested in that position. If they plan to use McCoy for 2-3 more years and then move on, can easily find another RB later during that timeframe. Not much point in drafting one now who will sit the bench for 2-3 years.

jamze132
03-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Get Gurley if he falls out of the first.

That would be great but he isn't making it to #50 where we are.

Jry44
03-07-2015, 06:00 AM
McCoy is a huge question mark in a "power running game". He's not a power runner who thrives on contact. If they draft an RB, now, after getting one, Ryan is totally lost because they can get them as UDFA, and they just traded for an expensive guy they aren't sold on.

Yes. We need a power back. But this whole "backs are a dime a dozen" b.s. is just that. Every top team in the league either has one or us trying to acquire one. Seattle has and just extended Lynch. NE went to the waiver wire to get Blount for the late season push. The Colts traded a 1st to try to get a stud. And the Packers drafted Eddie Lacey. I feel like the whole devalued back b.s. is more media speak than anything. Shady was a huge need, and we got one an established stud that's no a crap shoot like a rookie generally is.

Jry44
03-07-2015, 06:01 AM
I'd be surprised if they drafted a RB. Already too many resources invested in that position. If they plan to use McCoy for 2-3 more years and then move on, can easily find another RB later during that timeframe. Not much point in drafting one now who will sit the bench for 2-3 years.

I think they're for sure xrafting one, but not before the 4th round.

Night Train
03-07-2015, 06:30 AM
Would be absolutely stupid to toss away one of 6 picks on a RB.

There will be a glut of Vets out there on the cheap (also at WR) and we already traded for our starter.

OL,OL,OL,TE,DE/LB

X-Era
03-07-2015, 08:45 AM
I agree. I think it's unlikely after the McCoy move.

Meathead
03-07-2015, 01:22 PM
plus getting a productive rb in undrafted free agency is probably the easiest position to stock that way. they probably wont use a pick but could probably add one just as good after the draft

BertSquirtgum
03-07-2015, 01:23 PM

No

Mr. Pink
03-07-2015, 01:39 PM
The Bills have more than enough RBs on the roster as it is now, and they're gonna draft another one?

Are you high?