PDA

View Full Version : The case for Suh

Don't Panic
03-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Let me preface this... I don't like the guy. He's dirty as all get out, but he's also ridiculously good. If we were able to find a way to get him signed, it would create one of the more impressive front seven rotations in recent memory. We're talking Bears 85 quality. Picture it in your head... Kyle, Dareus, Suh with Mario on the edge. Absolute nightmare.

Add that to an offense that has McCoy and Watkins, along with either an improved EJ or a steady vet in Cassel, and we are nothing short of a Super Bowl contender. That's right... contender.

I know... the O line. Fully sacrificed if we go this route. That means making due with last years group, plus at best a 2nd rounder since we won't have any more to spend in FA. But the more I think about it, the more I think we can be alright with this group. The unit as a whole was acclimating to each other all last year. Wood regressed as a result, and Glenn struggled because of it as well. If we can get Williams playing even average football and get one of Henderson or Kouandijo to step up, we can be ok there. Especially if Roman gets a TE that can block in the draft. O lines are units, not collections of individuals. There's a way to rise the tide so that all ships rise with it.

Its almost certainly not going to happen, but it should. We're on the verge here... one more big move and we can dance with the big boys.

Mace
03-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Imho, there is just no case for Suh whatever unless they get rid of Dareus for some amazing windfall.

BillsImpossible
03-05-2015, 07:44 PM
All I have to say is...

Jim McMahon.

All the Bills need now is a refrigerator.

Downinfloflo
03-05-2015, 07:47 PM
He's going to get more money then J.J Watt, over $100 million dollars.

BillsImpossible
03-05-2015, 07:51 PM
The Bills could sign Suh and call it a day in free agency.

I'd rather have Suh than any other free agent on the market.

If Dareus walks and talks his way to another team in 2016, Suh can replace him for the same $100 million contract.

Don't Panic
03-05-2015, 07:57 PM
He's going to get more money then J.J Watt, over $100 million dollars.

We could make it work with some cuts/restructures, but that would be it. One big present for Christmas and nothing else.

BertSquirtgum
03-05-2015, 09:07 PM
It's not even worth talking about because it's not possible money wise.

Mahdi
03-05-2015, 09:28 PM
The Bills could sign Suh and call it a day in free agency.

I'd rather have Suh than any other free agent on the market.

If Dareus walks and talks his way to another team in 2016, Suh can replace him for the same $100 million contract.

Dareus is 25 and a better player than Suh.

Don't Panic
03-06-2015, 04:41 AM
It's not even worth talking about because it's not possible money wise.

How do you figure? 6 years, $105 million. That's a little over $17 million a year average, and it could come in at under $15 mil for the first year for cap purposes.

Dareus is 25 and a better player than Suh.

Aside from being highly debatable, that's irrelevant. Suh wouldn't be here to replace Dareus, but to compliment him. The one he'd be here to "replace", at least for financial purposes, is Mario. The first two years could be cap friendly by going big on the bonus and lower on the salaries. That's years four and five of Mario's contract. In year six, we'd have a decision to make with Mario in terms of restructuring or letting him go. If its the latter, the cap hit would be negligible by then.

So we'd have two years of Dareus, Suh, Kyle, Mario. Plus we'd be setting ourselves up to have the most dominant DL in the league for many years to come. That's an amazing feat for a team in the salary cap era, and a necessary one when franchise QBs are at a premium... and it can be done. Again, it probably won't, but IMO, if you're swinging for the fences, you swing all the way.

YardRat
03-07-2015, 08:29 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/football-headlines?r=1&rw=1

According to Yahoo's Charles Robinson, people around the league are talking about free agent Ndamukong Suh to the Dolphins "as if it already happened."

IlluminatusUIUC
03-07-2015, 09:21 PM
The Dolphins are a surprising contender for him, considering their cap situation. He must REALLY hate state income tax.

TacklingDummy
03-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Suh >>>>>Dareus

It's not even close.

feldspar
03-07-2015, 09:34 PM
A boy named Suh will NOT be a Bill.

Stop it.

Just will not happen.

Skooby
03-07-2015, 09:39 PM
If we get Suh, it's basically a Rex world and it's a Rex world now. We'd see no chance against us for other offenses and I'd bet that after a little stomping, our opponents would simply give up.

Goobylal
03-07-2015, 10:35 PM
He's going to the Dols.

Historian
03-08-2015, 03:27 AM
We have other needs...

HHURRICANE
03-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Hughes is way better fit than this guy.

Pretty sure we beat the Lions at home with our terrible oline.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 08:33 AM
We have other needs...

NT and 4-5tech DE are two of them, but Suh can't play both at the same regardless of how much he gets paid. I'm kinda hoping he does sign with Miami...lots of their cap designated, and it would be interesting to see who goes off first in a Incognito-Suh match-up.

stuckincincy
03-08-2015, 10:48 AM
How do you figure? 6 years, $105 million. That's a little over $17 million a year average, and it could come in at under $15 mil for the first year for cap purposes.
Aside from being highly debatable, that's irrelevant. Suh wouldn't be here to replace Dareus, but to compliment him. The one he'd be here to "replace", at least for financial purposes, is Mario. The first two years could be cap friendly by going big on the bonus and lower on the salaries. That's years four and five of Mario's contract. In year six, we'd have a decision to make with Mario in terms of restructuring or letting him go. If its the latter, the cap hit would be negligible by then.

So we'd have two years of Dareus, Suh, Kyle, Mario. Plus we'd be setting ourselves up to have the most dominant DL in the league for many years to come. That's an amazing feat for a team in the salary cap era, and a necessary one when franchise QBs are at a premium... and it can be done. Again, it probably won't, but IMO, if you're swinging for the fences, you swing all the way.

Above and beyond the $...as mentioned on BZ several times and plastered across sports-pundit-land, the next time he stomps on an opposing player's body part, he will be sitting for a long time.