PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo isn't the only team that people avoid

swiper
03-06-2015, 04:14 AM
From time to time we get depressed hearing that so & so wanted out of Buffalo or didn't want to come to Buffalo. This article on Suh chronicles the struggles of the fish to attract certain people. And they poke fun at the Raiders chances of landing Suh as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/05/dolphins-remain-expected-frontrunners-for-suh/

Night Train
03-06-2015, 04:30 AM
No doubt at one time , Buffalo was hell on earth to many FA's. I think that's changed the last few years.

I was stunned when they gave Mario Williams his contract and with Pegula and Rex now here, that concern is pretty much dead. Pegula received tons of pub for his purchase price and his "$$ is no object" statement. Every agent on earth heard that.

Rex is a players coach and he's always going to be a positive with players, if allowed to talk to them.

Our playoff drought should end soon.. but Oakland & Jacksonville are 2 teams I'd never even look at if I was a decent FA.

Topas
03-06-2015, 06:08 AM
... Oakland & Jacksonville are 2 teams I'd never even look at if I was a decent FA.

Well, I would add the Rams. And only a few years ago I would have also added Cleveland and Arizona. Well Arizona is off the list, at least for now. And lets see what the bald coach does in Cleveland. It does not look to bad there either. If they somehow find a mediocre QB.

YardRat
03-06-2015, 06:12 AM
I'd play for anybody that gave me the best combination of money/opportunity to win. Except for Dallas, Miami, New England and the Jets, but that's just personal.

k-oneputt
03-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Arizona is one of the best places in the country to live.
Have a good coach. Good qb when healthy. Good defense. They can win.

I don't think they would have a problem attracting free agents

Mr. Pink
03-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Money talks.

Especially the first time a player enters FA. I'll agree as players hit the downside of their career, they'll likely take a little less money to play for a winner - if they haven't yet won already. But when you get these 26, 27 year old guys getting their first chance to crack some big bank, most of them will take it and run.

black N yellow
03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
I'd move to Guam to be a 3rd string quarterback and make a million.