• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

11 Trades in 2 Years

Say what you want, but he's at least not content with being mediocre.

In slightly less than two calendar years calling the shots, Doug Whaley has orchestrated a whopping 11 trades as the general manager of the Buffalo Bills. How do you think he's done?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: 11 Trades in 2 Years

I like Whaley's aggressiveness.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Looking at those trades, we've gotten good value as well. The worst trade in my mind would be the Stevie trade, but I guess Stevie was a headache and the Niners had to take on his contract. That was probably forced by Marrone anyway.

It's nice to see that he's trying and willing to explore different options to make this team better.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Remains to be seen just how much Whaley overpaid for Sammy, but I like his aggressiveness as well Rat.

And I think Whaley drafts really well also.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I know a guy like that in my fantasy league. He won like 3 times in the last 10 years.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

I'd say Whaley has won 7 of those trades, lost 2, with 2 still undetermined

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Buddy Nix was the GM when the Bills traded down to get Manuel. Nix was also the GM when the Bills made the Sheppard trade for Hughes.

I guess trading down to get Manuel was the thing that landed us Shady McCoy, in effect.

Comment

Working...
              X