PDA

View Full Version : When camp gets going we will get an early

Bufftp
07-20-2003, 02:07 PM
When camp gets going we will get an early…..

….indication how well some of the 1st year starters and role players have improved. We are all stoked with some of the free agent signings. But real improvement on the team will occur if reed truly steps and Wire has improved in the off season on pass coverage as some of early reports have indicated. Is Big mike ready to turn it up another notch especially in pass protection? Thoughts?

ArcticWildMan
07-20-2003, 02:13 PM
I agree 100%.

I'm not worried about Big Mike. He played great considering he was a rookie and he can only get better.

Coy Wire is the biggest question mark. Can he grasp the concept of pass coverage or will he be our weak link in the secondary? I think Wire will make huge strides this year and hopefully play at or near a Pro-Bowl level, but time will tell.

Reed is going to surprise everybody and we will be going "Peerless who?" by the seasons end.

Dozerdog
07-20-2003, 02:22 PM
If Coy never grasps coverage, he will still be a valuable asset to this team in obvious run situations and on special teams. He's a fearless tackler.

Captain gameboy
07-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Agree, agree, totally agree.
Wire is the one to watch.
Unfortunately, I doubt pre-season game offenses will give us a clear indication of his development, so I'm looking more towards comments from the staff after practices for a clue.
Come September 7th though, it will be very clear, very early.

Jan Reimers
07-21-2003, 12:15 PM
I look for M. Williams, Wire, and Reed to really come into their own, as well as K. Thomas and Pucillo to show marked improvement. Bannan will also be better. We can only hope that Denney develops. Irons may be a factor, also.

These second year guys - along with 3-4 third year guys - will go a long way toward determining our success this season.