PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bilal Powell leaning towards BUF/reuniting with Rex

Shady25
03-08-2015, 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/574627690243878914

Sources: Jets want to re-sign RB Bilal Powell, but think he's leaning toward a Rex Reunion in Buffalo #nyj (https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash)

(1:57 pm ET) The Jets are interested in re-signing running back Bilal Powell (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1265393), but the impending free agent isleaning towards (https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/574627690243878914) re-uniting with Bills coach Rex Ryan in Buffalo, the New York Daily News reports.

Interesting... Shady wonders who gets kicked off the island.

is the writing on the wall for Freddy?

YardRat
03-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Good thing we decided to load up on RB's this off-season, considering it was the weakest squad on the team. /sarcasm

I wouldn't put much into this, unless Brown is going to be shown the door not Freddie.

Novacane
03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Good thing we decided to load up on RB's this off-season, considering it was the weakest squad on the team. /sarcasm

I wouldn't put much into this, unless Brown is going to be shown the door not Freddie.

Other than Freddy it was pretty weak imo.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Other than Freddy it was pretty weak imo.

The worst oline in the league and ****ty coaching will do that to a stable of RB's.

DetDannyWilliams
03-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Boobie?

Novacane
03-08-2015, 12:52 PM
The worst oline in the league and ****ty coaching will do that to a stable of RB's.

True but CJ has had the bad habit of running east/west since he got to Buffalo. Dixon and Brown are never going to be anything but roster fillers.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Boobie?

I'm hoping Roman wants to hang on to him.

DraftBoy
03-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Reuniting with Rex Ryan to do what? There are barely enough carries for McCoy to get his 25 a game and Jackson/Brown/Boobie to split whatever is left.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the only short yardage north south RB we have.

BillsImpossible
03-08-2015, 01:03 PM

They're going to use a fullback.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/06/29/49ers-roundup-anthony-dixon-volunteers-for-fullback-duty-kaepernick-getting-veteran-advice/

YardRat
03-08-2015, 01:07 PM
They're going to use a fullback.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/06/29/49ers-roundup-anthony-dixon-volunteers-for-fullback-duty-kaepernick-getting-veteran-advice/

I dunno if Boobie is that guy, would rather add a FB to the mix of Shady/FJax/Dixon/Brown than replace one of them with Bilal.

Shady25
03-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Shady thinks Dixon is only a special teams guy. how valuable do you guys really think is?

YardRat
03-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Shady thinks Dixon is only a special teams guy. how valuable do you guys really think is?

He's a thumper, a decent change of pace back. As long as he isn't thrust in a starting role (and he actually was last season IIRC and didn't acquit too badly) he's a keeper.

Lexwhat
03-08-2015, 02:40 PM
I'm not usually "emotional" when it comes to cutting players, but I think it would be a shame if we cut Freddie. I would hate to see him go.

better days
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM

Boobie had the highest yds per carry average on the Bills last year.

stuckincincy
03-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Boobie had the highest yds per carry average on the Bills last year.

He has a lifetime ave of 3.5 ypg over 5 seasons. His 4.1 ypg leading BUF isn't anything for the 2014 BUF run game - and their OL - to brag about.

justasportsfan
03-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Unless Roman is the one making the decisions to bring him in, I do not want Rexy making ANY decisions on offense. Rexy should stay away and concentrate on making the D better than what Shwartz left us with.

Mouldsie
03-08-2015, 03:34 PM
**** Powell

Mace
03-08-2015, 04:11 PM
They're wasting too much time, energy, and money on a position that can be worked yearly for cheap, numerous fa's, udfa's and low round picks, much less another damn Jet on the wrong side of the ball from where Ryan has a clue.

SB nation Jets site on Powell :

That seems about right. Powell is about a three touch per game player. He is maximized where he can go all out on each play, not needing to conserve energy. In almost every category he is somewhere between average and below average.
How is his speed? Somewhere between average and below average. How is he at making people miss? Somewhere between average and below average. How is his power as a runner? Somewhere between average and below average. How is he changing direction? Somewhere between average and below average. How is he as a pass protector? Somewhere between average and below average.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/28/7926475/bilal-powell-2014-and-beyond

Stop with the damn Jets already. This is aggravating shopping for staff and players from a 4-12 team.

Night Train
03-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Stop with the damn Jets already. This is aggravating shopping for staff and players from a 4-12 team.

Fox Sports - Bills agree to terms with 41 year old WR Wayne Chrebet

better days
03-08-2015, 04:47 PM
He has a lifetime ave of 3.5 ypg over 5 seasons. His 4.1 ypg leading BUF isn't anything for the 2014 BUF run game - and their OL - to brag about.

Boobie got 4.1 yds per carry behind a CRAP OL last year.

I would like to see what he can do behind a decent OL.

Shady25
03-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Roman already got rid of Boobie once, Shady thinks he will do it again.

DraftBoy
03-08-2015, 06:22 PM
An update from LaCanfora and CBS;

With Buffalo very interested in running back Bilal Powell even after trading for LeSean McCoy, several contending teams are doing their homework on Fred Jackson, should he be released. Jackson is one of the all-time popular Bills players, but I wouldn't rule out an exit. Several teams were looking at film on him over the weekend waiting to see where this situation goes.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 06:26 PM
I was absolutely on board with letting Byrd and Levitre walk. I'm just fine with trading Kiko for Shady. If this team dumps Freddie Jackson in favor of Bilal ****ing Powell I will be over the edge ****ing livid.

DraftBoy
03-08-2015, 06:28 PM
I was absolutely on board with letting Byrd and Levitre walk. I'm just fine with trading Kiko for Shady. If this team dumps Freddie Jackson in favor of Bilal ****ing Powell I will be over the edge ****ing livid.

That move would quite possibly be the worst thing Terry Pegula could ever allow to happen.

Shady25
03-08-2015, 06:31 PM

Shady thinks boobie would be the one to go.

McCoy Powell Brown and Freddy..

Powell is going to be our short yardage back.

remember Buffalo isn't doing something completely silly like keeping a K for the sake of getting touch backs this year, that spot will go to the new FB.

Shady expects John Conner to be signed.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
I Like Boobie. To me Powell doesn't bring anything to the table that Brown can't, other than being one of Rexy's guys, and that's not enough. If we're going to bring in a Jet RB, I agree it should be FB Conner, although again I'd rather have Summers back instead.

Mace
03-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Powell is going to be our short yardage back.

If they sign a Spiller sized slow guy to be our short yardage back in a ground and "pound" offense, that would be sad.

In fact, the only reason I can even see them considering him is because he was a Jet, or maybe the concept of ground and pound changed to ground and prance.

feldspar
03-08-2015, 07:13 PM

Personally, I like Bryce Brown a lot more than Dixon going forward.

Mouldsie
03-08-2015, 07:28 PM
"Bilal ****ing Powell" is the best thing said in this thread. Perfectly sums it up.

The Buffalo Jets coming at ya!

Buffalogic
03-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Dixon is our short yardage back. I don't see a need to carry more than mccoy, dixon, brown.