DraftBoy
03-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Calm down...he didn't say that.

Joe Fo Sho
03-08-2015, 07:11 PM
No way.

The King
03-08-2015, 07:12 PM
He saying Fred is 3rd and Powell might push him out. He deserves to retire in buffalo.

DraftBoy
03-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Graham responded to a question on Twitter asking him if he thought Jackson was going to be let go regardless of what happened with Powell. His reponse:
https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/574726601700700162

Neon signs pointing that way now. Bills have a tough call to make, likely soon

Jry44
03-08-2015, 07:15 PM
I love fred, but it was very noticeable last season that he has lost a lot of his explosiveness and he's close to, if not yet 34. It's a business.... you've got to trust your eyes and your head over your heart when it comes to this. I'll always luv the guy!

YardRat
03-08-2015, 07:15 PM
It just says Freddie is probably monitoring the talks...Shady is 1, they like Brown as 2, want STer as 3.

This better not become true.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I love Freddie. He's the heart and soul of the team.

This better be nothing but smoke.

Buffalogic
03-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Fred's era is over. It was over last year. He's been an amazing bill but it's time to move on.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 07:22 PM
I will take Freddie for half of a season at 40 over Balil ****ing Powell.

Lexwhat
03-08-2015, 07:32 PM
This would be very disappointing. We are 1 injury of McCoy away from relying on Brown (or maybe Powell) as our #1 RB. I would much rather have Fred here for another year.

Fred Jackson is by far my favorite Bill of the past decade. I think the guy can still play (at least for 1 year), as it was a combination of a piss-poor O-Line play and injuries to Fred that slowed him down a bit.

Lexwhat
03-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Not to mention, he's only going to be making about $2.5 million. I hope the Bills do right by him and let him finish his career here.

Buffalogic
03-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Fred is more likely to get hurt than any other back. He's just not worth keeping on the roster and he should have been cut last season. I know it's salt in the wound but it is the truth and it doesn't take anything away from what he has done for us.

Meathead
03-08-2015, 07:37 PM
told ya

love me some freddie but its an ez call

Mr. Pink
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Freddy should be allowed to collect his last contract for all the crap he put up with over the years on this team from them being terrible to him being the best RB on the team yet 2nd on the depth chart for most of it. Honor the contract, pay the man for the year and let him retire gracefully.

Besides, it's 2.5m...no big savings to cutting him.

Loyalty don't mean jack in sports, but with some guys it's different. Freddy is one of those guys.

Mahdi
03-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Jackson had 66 receptions last year.... He is still a very effective player.

That being said, McCoy is an all purpose back. Run, catch, block. Fred still has a role though IMO. Not sure Dixon is much of a player though. Brown is interesting.

justasportsfan
03-08-2015, 07:59 PM
If I had to choose between Rexy or FJ, I'll take FJ.

FJ and Kyle IMO are the true buffalo bills on this team.

feldspar
03-08-2015, 08:10 PM
I like Freddie as much as the next guy, but the love is way too over the top with tons of people. He's not superhuman by a longshot, and his actual production is there to be seen. Overrated by the people who act like he squats down and craps gold. I'm not trying to put him down, either. He's filled with intangibles, and you absolutely have to appreciate his herculean effort and spirit. I'd love for him to stick around, but the world won't end if he didn't. He's the oldest running back in the league...and people want to cry about Shady's age. Fred is like seven-and-a-half years older.

I think he can still play too, though. I won't be happy at all to see him go whatsoever.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 08:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3RMCNztbpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scartown
03-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Hate to see him go. His pass pro is worth what his contract is.

Downinfloflo
03-08-2015, 08:23 PM
This is why emotional fans don't run teams.

It's time to move on from Freddie, It's the right thing to do, He's 34 and a RB that get's banged up.

casdhf
03-08-2015, 08:35 PM
He is also the guy you give the ball two on 4th and 2. He gets it even it it costs him his ankle. Did anyone that thinks it's ok to cut him even watch him play down the stretch? He was hurt and effective.

YardRat
03-08-2015, 08:43 PM

It's time to move on from Freddie, It's the right thing to do, He's 34 and a RB that get's banged up.

Emotion can be the difference between winning and losing, on the field, where it counts the most. One doesn't have to be emotional from a front office standpoint to understand what leadership means to a team. It's nice that Rexy's all rah-rah and allegedly a player's coach, but I'm betting you'd be hard-pressed to find a player in that locker room that wouldn't run through a brick wall if Freddie was the one asking them to do it.

GingerP
03-08-2015, 09:42 PM
He's the oldest running back in the league...and people want to cry about Shady's age. Fred is like seven-and-a-half years older.

McCoy has about 180 more career carries in much less time. Fred is getting old, but he still has some tread on his tires.

Jackson is a warrior and competitor. If they cut him, I'd bet he ends up in NE in a committee, because Belichick loves versatile, hard-running guys who can block and catch the ball well. They will sign him for short money and he will have a good year for them next year.

justasportsfan
03-08-2015, 10:06 PM

I can understand if it comes down to FJ vs. Shady. but FJ vs a Rexy offensive guy who was part of a team who's O was offensive in the worst way that even Dick Jauron would laugh at?

OpIv37
03-08-2015, 10:10 PM
I like Freddie. He has been a rare bright spot during s period of generally dismal football by this franchise, and he also took the long route toward NFL success.

But let's face it: at this point in his career, he isn't hard to replace. I'd love to see him retire a Bill, but that's emptional fan speak. In terms of winning football games, keeping him may not be the right move.

Crisis
03-08-2015, 10:17 PM
I still think Freddie has at least one good year left in him. I don't see the problem with letting him play his contract out - he has one more year left right?

RandolphDuke
03-08-2015, 11:02 PM
If you didn't know how old he is you would keep your whore mouths shut about his explosiveness.

I was at the chicago game last year when he straight trucked that fool Chris Conte. There was an audible gasp as Conte's heels left the turf and Fred trounced him like it was nothing.

Buffalogic
03-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Ya but chris conte sucks..so even though that play was super exciting it's a horrible measuring stick.

Meathead
03-09-2015, 12:22 AM
nobody is gonna pick him up either so dont worry about a mediocre dirty cheater getting his hands on him

gonna retire in a matter of days now

BuffaloRedleg
03-09-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm getting pretty sick of talking about this teams running game.

Night Train
03-09-2015, 02:47 AM

Some posters think we need unlimited RB's.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/228418-The-Bills-Are-Still-Going-To-Draft-A-Running-Back

YardRat
03-09-2015, 04:22 AM
I like Freddie. He has been a rare bright spot during s period of generally dismal football by this franchise, and he also took the long route toward NFL success.

But let's face it: at this point in his career, he isn't hard to replace. I'd love to see him retire a Bill, but that's emptional fan speak. In terms of winning football games, keeping him may not be the right move.

It is if the other option is Balil ****ing Powell.

ICRockets
03-09-2015, 04:33 AM
If I'm the Bills I sit him down and I tell him that while it's always easy to find a place for a guy like Fred in the locker room, it's getting harder and harder to find a place for him on the depth chart. To that end, I offer him a job on our training staff if and when he retires. In the offseason before Marrone's first year, he had a strength and conditioning competition that Freddie won for the offense and Bryan Scott won for the defense. A workhorse like that would be a great asset on the Bills' staff, and would keep him in the organization and eligible to be rewarded along with the players when we win the Super Bowl sometime in the next 5 years.

Don't Panic
03-09-2015, 04:35 AM
he isn't hard to replace. I'd love to see him retire a Bill, but that's emptional fan speak. In terms of winning football games, keeping him may not be the right move.

This statement is a failure to understand the inside of a locker room. Even if there's ten guys out there who can play at a slightly higher level, none of them can bring the absolutely necessary presence that Freddy can in the locker room. We should be able to fit him in the 53, even ask him to play ST. Create a way to keep him on the roster. If he says, "I'd rather go be the bakcup RB somewhere else," then fine. But at least make the effort to keep a guy who still has a role on the field and a huge one off it.

YardRat
03-09-2015, 04:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/17795/more-than-mccoy-bills-could-be-re-doing-entire-backfield

Jackson told ESPN last month that he wants to play three more years in the NFL.

Historian
03-09-2015, 06:04 AM
Tough situation.

It seems to me however that the best athletes knew when to hang them up, no matter what the sport.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2015, 06:05 AM
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If the Bills cut Fred, it will be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

TacklingDummy
03-09-2015, 06:29 AM
Fred Jackson has been disrespected by Bills fans his entire career.
It's amazing what this guy has done playing with no line or QB his whole career.

- - - Updated - - -

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If the Bills cut Fred, it will be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

Behind starting RJ against Tennessee.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Fred Jackson has been disrespected by Bills fans his entire career.
It's amazing what this guy has done playing with no line or QB his whole career.

- - - Updated - - -

Behind starting RJ against Tennessee.

Sorry I should've said the biggest player/personnel mistake. On field mistakes there are way too many to choose from.

streetkings01
03-09-2015, 08:01 AM
I love Freddie. He's the heart and soul of the team.

This better be nothing but smoke.Heart and soul of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever. I like Fred but he's had 1 1000 yard rushing season in his 9 seasons........he barely made that with only 1062 yards. He's never rushed for double digit TDs in a season. I like Fred as a 3rd RB but some of you people act as if cutting Fred is like cutting a top 5 RB in the NFL. If they move on from him because they feel Powell is better then I'm ok..........Fred has been an average back since the 2012 season with a few nice hardnosed runs sprinkled in here and there.

streetkings01
03-09-2015, 08:06 AM
McCoy has about 180 more career carries in much less time. Fred is getting old, but he still has some tread on his tires.

Jackson is a warrior and competitor. If they cut him, I'd bet he ends up in NE in a committee, because Belichick loves versatile, hard-running guys who can block and catch the ball well. They will sign him for short money and he will have a good year for them next year.Why do people care if we cut a player and he goes on to play well for New England? New England smacks us around regardless of who they pick up!

Skooby
03-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Terry will gracefully put FJ out to pasture, possibly retaining him in some coaching capacity if I was to guess.

BuffaloRedleg
03-09-2015, 09:03 AM

Franchise history? Isn't that a little dramatic? You are going to have to elaborate.

The team has barely sniffed the playoffs during his entire time here-- even during his prime years.

streetkings01
03-09-2015, 09:06 AM
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If the Bills cut Fred, it will be the biggest mistake in franchise history.Even bigger then trading for Rob Johnson, or trading up in the draft Losman, or drafting Whitner over Cutler or Ngata, drafting TJ Graham instead of Wilson? I guess cutting a 34 year old running back with 1 1000 yard season in his entire career will be the biggest mistake in franchise history! Give me a break smh

ckg927
03-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Tough situation.

It seems to me however that the best athletes knew when to hang them up, no matter what the sport.

There was a tweet this morning from Dave Zirin, noting that Niners star LB Patrick Willis is retiring at the age of 30. Zirin adds "Loved to watch him but glad he's walking instead of limping away."

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
This statement is a failure to understand the inside of a locker room. Even if there's ten guys out there who can play at a slightly higher level, none of them can bring the absolutely necessary presence that Freddy can in the locker room. We should be able to fit him in the 53, even ask him to play ST. Create a way to keep him on the roster. If he says, "I'd rather go be the bakcup RB somewhere else," then fine. But at least make the effort to keep a guy who still has a role on the field and a huge one off it.
1. How many times have you actually been inside the Bills' locker room to observe the team dynamics?
2. This team has plenty of vets. What makes you think Freddie is the only one who can be a locker room leader.

You can't keep a guy on the roster forever just because he's a locker room leader.

vanbillsfan
03-09-2015, 12:03 PM
@ByTimGraham (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); margin-right: 5px;"> 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/574989888598188032)</small>
Bills source tells me Fred Jackson "isn't going anywhere." Second source tells me Terry Pegula got involved. Stay tuned.

MikeInRoch
03-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Good news and bad news. I don't really like Pegula getting involved.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Hurricane's batting average is a little south of the Mendoza line lately.

better days
03-09-2015, 12:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/17795/more-than-mccoy-bills-could-be-re-doing-entire-backfield

Jackson told ESPN last month that he wants to play three more years in the NFL.

Tom Brady said he wants to play into his 40's.

I doubt either of those happen.

YardRat
03-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Brady might. I agree on FJ though.

better days
03-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Even bigger then trading for Rob Johnson, or trading up in the draft Losman, or drafting Whitner over Cutler or Ngata, drafting TJ Graham instead of Wilson? I guess cutting a 34 year old running back with 1 1000 yard season in his entire career will be the biggest mistake in franchise history! Give me a break smh

And you didn't even mention Maybin.

better days
03-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Brady might. I agree on FJ though.

Brady looked like an average QB last year.

Actually he looked below average the first 4 games of last year.

I don't expect him to improve next year unless he finds a new strain of HGH to take.

Like I said, I will be surprised if Brady makes it past 40, especially now he will have to face a Rex Ryan Defense with GOOD players on it as well as a GOOD Fins defense with Suh on it.

Downinfloflo
03-09-2015, 03:45 PM

Get use to it, Rex Ryan is the head coach and that's kind of what he does.

Meathead
03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't expect him to improve next year unless he finds a new strain of HGH to take.

needs to find a new way to cheat thats for sure

what has the boston nfl team won when they werent caught cheating? still nuthin

Meathead
03-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Freddie: "Extremely humbled by all the fan support. Means a lot that so many people love to see me in play in a Bills' uniform."