• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Kaepernick on the trading block

Back in January, 49ers CEO Jed York said quarterback Colin Kaepernick was an unbelievable player that the team needed to put in a better position to make plays. It looks like that position might be elsewhere.

Per Jayson Braddock at KBME SportsTalk 790 in Houston, the 49ers are trying to trade Kaepernick, and the Eagles and Bears are reportedly already interested. The Eagles are expected to sign running back Frank Gore, and Kaepernick could join him in Philadelphia.

Even if he the Bills aren't in the market, if Kaepernick goes to Philly, it frees up Foles (given that the Eagles extended Sanchez today).

I have a feeling that the Bills starting QB is not on their roster yet, and that Cassell will be his backup, and EJ will be out.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Kaepernick on the trading block

Interesting.

49'ers willing to take a nearly 10 Mil cap hit to get rid of him ? Why ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Because he stinks.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

His ceiling is apparent asa thrower, but he is a pretty dynamic athlete, maybe one of the most unique at his position in the league. There's value there, especially in an era where QBs worth a damn are at quite a premium. He can be successful in the right system. Roman and Kelly are two guys who could make him work.

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Who are they going to make their QB? They don't even currently have another QB under contract. That makes no sense, unless they get a guy like Foles or Cutler back in the trade.
          Last edited by GingerP; 03-09-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He's had some off-field issues before. Could more be coming out ? Pure speculation.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              Back in January, 49ers CEO Jed York said quarterback Colin Kaepernick was an unbelievable player that the team needed to put in a better position to make plays. It looks like that position might be elsewhere.

Per Jayson Braddock at KBME SportsTalk 790 in Houston, the 49ers are trying to trade Kaepernick, and the Eagles and Bears are reportedly already interested. The Eagles are expected to sign running back Frank Gore, and Kaepernick could join him in Philadelphia.

Even if he the Bills aren't in the market, if Kaepernick goes to Philly, it frees up Foles (given that the Eagles extended Sanchez today).

I have a feeling that the Bills starting QB is not on their roster yet, and that Cassell will be his backup, and EJ will be out.
              Rumor is any deal involving Kap will involve a QB swap. Two teams rumored are Philly and Chicago with each team sending their QB back for Kap.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I'd give them EJ for him.

Just sayin...

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                  Retired (mostly)
                  • Mar 2003

Niners GM Baalke shoots down Kaepernick trade rumor

Colin Kaepernick was at the center of a local trade rumor over the weekend, and the San Francisco 49ers were not about to let talk persist that their quarterback was available for the right price.

Front office executives don't often waste their time shooting down reports, but late Sunday night, Trent Baalke couldn't help himself.

The 49ers general manager issued a strongly worded statement denouncing a rumor being circulated by KBME-AM, which said that the team was interested in dealing quarterback Colin Kaepernick.........

But to play
                  that’s the thing
                  shut up and deal
                  ~ Jesse May

Comment

• GreedoII
                    • Aug 2007

Have to find a way to get this guy. He's proven his sucess and could use a diff scene too. find a way and this team is real legit.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Maybe Cassel will get traded twice in one week. LOL
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

"Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him," Baalke said. "He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous."

Reported 12 minutes ago.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

It's another baseless, speculative, random dart on the wall. It wouldn't surprise me if "someone we know on this board" started that rumor, you know, as in "I hate to say it but..."

Comment

Working...
                          X