PDA

View Full Version : Shady, Cassel, Hughes, and FA hasn't even started yet

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2015, 07:20 AM
This ride is going to be fantastic.

Bring in a catching TE and a marquee Guard (and keep Freddie) and I will gladly declare In Terry and Kim We Trust.

Let's win the Offseason SuperBowl.

elltrain22
03-09-2015, 07:22 AM
And we're not even 1/2 way done, IMO

casdhf
03-09-2015, 07:26 AM
If we don't land Clay, which I don't like the size of that reported contract, then I think we address TE in the draft.

Night Train
03-09-2015, 07:32 AM
IT'S AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER ! ( Zone Zoloft Posse )

Novacane
03-09-2015, 07:37 AM
We used up to much of our cap damn it!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see why these idiots at OBD can't sign good players and keep us 20 mill under that cap at the same!!!

Meathead
03-09-2015, 07:43 AM
whaley doesnt even want to win

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 08:41 AM
This ride is going to be fantastic.

Bring in a catching TE and a marquee Guard (and keep Freddie) and I will gladly declare In Terry and Kim We Trust.

Let's win the Offseason SuperBowl.

Shady came with a big cap hit and the loss of a good young player, plus he's useless without a better OL. And it's going to take more than a guard because no one is afraid of Cassell or EJ. He's going to be looking at 8 and 9 man fronts all year.

Cassell is a mediocre back up and he came at the price of weakening our already weak draft position. The difference between Cassell and one of the FA QB's isn't worth what we gave up to get him. Granted, the QB market is weak and this issue cant be addressed completely right now. I just don't understand the sacrifice for another QB who isn't the answer.

I'm glad we re-signed Hughes but he's not an upgrade. It's just maintaining what we already had.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Glass half empty again Op. Time to up your meds.

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Glass half empty again Op. Time to up your meds.
It's not empty or full. It's just reality.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Your reality sucks.

better days
03-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Only you Op would not be satisfied with the Bills moves this off season.

Yeah, the Bills draft was decimated by moving from the 5th rnd to the 6th rnd to get Cassel. LMAO.

And you are just WRONG if you think Cassel is not a BETTER QB than what was available in FA.

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Your reality sucks.

No. Reality is reality and sometimes (usually for Bills fans) it sucks. It has nothing to do with me. It just is what it is.

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Only you Op would not be satisfied with the Bills moves this off season.

Yeah, the Bills draft was decimated by moving from the 5th rnd to the 6th rnd to get Cassel. LMAO.

And you are just WRONG if you think Cassel is not a BETTER QB than what was available in FA.
I didn't say he wasn't better. I said the difference between him and the other FA's available isn't enough to justify weakening our already weak draft position.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Shady came with a big cap hit and the loss of a good young player, plus he's useless without a better OL. And it's going to take more than a guard because no one is afraid of Cassell or EJ. He's going to be looking at 8 and 9 man fronts all year.

Cassell is a mediocre back up and he came at the price of weakening our already weak draft position. The difference between Cassell and one of the FA QB's isn't worth what we gave up to get him. Granted, the QB market is weak and this issue cant be addressed completely right now. I just don't understand the sacrifice for another QB who isn't the answer.

I'm glad we re-signed Hughes but he's not an upgrade. It's just maintaining what we already had.

I have to be honest - I don't know if I've ever seen a 9 man front.

Cassell is worth what they gave up (which wasn't much) because they get a guy cheaper than they would in FA. The talent is the same, but the cost is (or should be) less.

And yes, a guard will help.

AS for losing a good young player, that's true. That's because the cost to get a good player is a good player. The Eagles weren't going to trade McCoy for Bacarri Rambo or the rights to Chris Hairston

And a 5-6 million cap hit isn't really that big

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2015, 08:57 AM
I didn't say he wasn't better. I said the difference between him and the other FA's available isn't enough to justify weakening our already weak draft position.

They moved from the 5th round to the 6th round this year.

Certainly that is a bit weaker, but not really all that much.

Novacane
03-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Do you realize how stupid *****ing about a 6th round pick sounds?

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 09:05 AM
They moved from the 5th round to the 6th round this year.

Certainly that is a bit weaker, but not really all that much.

In a draft where we only have 6 picks and no first rounder, it's a big deal.

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 09:09 AM
I have to be honest - I don't know if I've ever seen a 9 man front.

Cassell is worth what they gave up (which wasn't much) because they get a guy cheaper than they would in FA. The talent is the same, but the cost is (or should be) less.

And yes, a guard will help.

AS for losing a good young player, that's true. That's because the cost to get a good player is a good player. The Eagles weren't going to trade McCoy for Bacarri Rambo or the rights to Chris Hairston

And a 5-6 million cap hit isn't really that big

I've definitely seen 9 man fronts. I've even seen the announcers count them out on the telestrator to show that it's a 9 man front. And 5-6 million for an RB is big. It'll seem even bigger in a couple of years when his production declines and we are still on the hook for the cap hit.

And I didn't say a guard wouldn't help. I said it's going to take more than that.

better days
03-09-2015, 09:15 AM
I've definitely seen 9 man fronts. I've even seen the announcers count them out on the telestrator to show that it's a 9 man front. And 5-6 million for an RB is big. It'll seem even bigger in a couple of years when his production declines and we are still on the hook for the cap hit.

And I didn't say a guard wouldn't help. I said it's going to take more than that.

The Bills can get out of that contract year three if they choose to, but if Shady continues to put up 1300 yds a year, they will probably keep him at least three years.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2015, 09:26 AM

It's really not. Dropping down one round that late in the draft isn't much of a difference.

casdhf
03-09-2015, 09:27 AM
In a draft where we only have 6 picks and no first rounder, it's a big deal. "But Tom Brady was a 6th rounder

OP: "typical Buffalo fan, using the exception to prove the rule"

So are 6th rounders worth it or not, Op?

OpIv37
03-09-2015, 09:31 AM
"But Tom Brady was a 6th rounder

OP: "typical Buffalo fan, using the exception to prove the rule"

So are 6th rounders worth it or not, Op?
getting a starting QB in the 6th is the exception to the rule. That has nothing to do with whether a valuable player could have been had with the 5th we downgraded to get Cassell.

Novacane
03-09-2015, 09:35 AM

No it's not.