PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't be surprised if....

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Let's play a game of who can best "predict" with total wild guesses on who the Bills will sign next, in Jason LaCanfora / HHurricane style, called:

I wouldn't be surprised if.....

Who wants to go first?

swiper
03-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if The USA went to war if Jeb Bush is elected President.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another national scandal of some type if Hillary is elected President.

Oops. Wrong forum.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Swiper was permanently banned from BZ.

GreedoII
03-09-2015, 12:36 PM
another QB coming via trade and EJ getting dumped in the process

YardRat
03-09-2015, 12:40 PM
...the Bills first FA signing is CB Antonio Cromartie.

better days
03-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Charles Clay is the next FA signed by the Bills.

Dr. Who
03-09-2015, 12:43 PM

Really? That would surprise me.
I am expecting o-line or te.

YardRat
03-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Really? That would surprise me.
I am expecting o-line or te.

Well, we were supposed to go out on a limb with a wild guess, right?

CoolBreeze
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills signed Jake Locker

Dr. Who
another QB coming via trade and EJ getting dumped in the process

I doubt this as well.
EJ's contract is not bad. At bottom, he's a decent backup, despite what all the haters say.

Dr. Who
03-09-2015, 12:46 PM

Ah . . . am at work and reading quickly. I just read the thread title and didn't see the wild guess part.

better days
03-09-2015, 12:47 PM

You are out on a thin limb about 20' up the tree with that guess Rat.

I will have to give you major props if you guessed correctly about that.

Mace
03-09-2015, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills signed Bilal Powell.

gonzo1105
03-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I think Clay will be the first one offered but since he will take 7 days he wont be the first signed.

I believe the first Bills signing will be DT Damon Harrison

better days
03-09-2015, 12:58 PM
I think Clay will be the first one offered but since he will take 7 days he wont be the first signed.

Good point about the 7 day window the Fins have to match the offer.

YardRat
03-09-2015, 12:59 PM

Terry Pegula just called and would like to have a word with you.

jimmifli
03-09-2015, 01:04 PM
I reported your post for violating the TOS.

GingerP
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM

That would go beyond surprise, right to shock. Given he was originally undrafted, I imagine the Jets will give him more than the low tender since he is their starting NT. Most likely, they give him at least a 2nd-round level tender, which means the Bills would be giving up their highest pick in the upcoming draft for him. If they tender him at a 1st-round level, which is possible, the Bills couldn't sign him to an offer because they don't have a 1st to give up.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Bills send EJ Manuel and their 2nd round pick in this year's draft to the Rams for Sam Bradford and St. Louis' first round pick

IlluminatusUIUC
03-09-2015, 01:41 PM

After Travis Henry and Willis McGahee, haven't the young unwed women of buffalo suffered enough?

Bone
03-09-2015, 01:55 PM
After Travis Henry and Willis McGahee, haven't the young unwed women of buffalo suffered enough?

LOL

jimmifli
03-09-2015, 03:15 PM
We signed this guy:
http://www.nfl.com/player/nateaskew/2550475/profile

Or there's a rumour about it tomorrow.

The Beef
03-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Clay and Bulaga sign deals in next 48 hours. I think Iupati will cost a bit too much, but Bulaga brings instant credibility at RT and versatility to move over to guard if Henderson really shines.

I'd also keep an eye on Wisnewski and Locker. Locker is a great target, good athlete was improved last year, just always hurt. He's a perfect fit for a QB comp, probably the most talented QB on the roster if he's added.

Wisnewski isn't a top end player but he gives some versatility at center and guard, and again won't get Iupati money.

Finally, Michael Crabtree. I know Roman loves him and I could defiantly see something like a 2 year deal for 18M with 8M as a SB so the contract is essentially a one year show me deal where they'd restructure of or walk away the second year with a cap hit that hurts, but doesn't cripple you.

Bonus, veteran cuts. Ubrik, McKelvin, Chandler, Chris Williams. I would not be surprised to see these 4 cut to free up additional space for Clay/Iupati/Cromartie.

McKelvin is the only one with an iota of trade value and that's probably all but erased after he broke his ankle last year.

The Jokeman
03-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Clay and Bulaga sign deals in next 48 hours. I think Iupati will cost a bit too much, but Bulaga brings instant credibility at RT and versatility to move over to guard if Henderson really shines.

I'd also keep an eye on Wisnewski and Locker. Locker is a great target, good athlete was improved last year, just always hurt. He's a perfect fit for a QB comp, probably the most talented QB on the roster if he's added.

Wisnewski isn't a top end player but he gives some versatility at center and guard, and again won't get Iupati money.

Finally, Michael Crabtree. I know Roman loves him and I could defiantly see something like a 2 year deal for 18M with 8M as a SB so the contract is essentially a one year show me deal where they'd restructure of or walk away the second year with a cap hit that hurts, but doesn't cripple you.

Bonus, veteran cuts. Ubrik, McKelvin, Chandler, Chris Williams. I would not be surprised to see these 4 cut to free up additional space for Clay/Iupati/Cromartie.

McKelvin is the only one with an iota of trade value and that's probably all but erased after he broke his ankle last year.
Chris Williams cut after 3 games? I can't see it happening. Buluga is possible but I'd much rather see Clay to a big money deal, signing Reid, DeWan Landry (to replace Searcy). Of course I think Urbik could be cut and if so sign another OG. Maybe Paul Fanaika and cross my fingers that we can draft AJ Caan. at pick 50.

The Beef
03-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Chris Williams cut after 3 games? I can't see it happening. Buluga is possible but I'd much rather see Clay to a big money deal, signing Reid, DeWan Landry (to replace Searcy). Of course I think Urbik could be cut and if so sign another OG. Maybe Paul Fanaika and cross my fingers that we can draft AJ Caan. at pick 50.

Williams is awful.

IMO Whaley's worst move by a mile. He's not the guy you want to build a bully, he's soft.

I don't see a need to bring in a starter at safety unless it's bringing Searcy back. Duke Williams had developed exactly the way you want a mid round guy to, he's ready to start.

I'd imagine Rambo will get a long look, Meeks is always camp fodder until he gets hurt, and I'm guessing Rex will happily rotate in Graham as needed and probably mix in amother mid/late rookie.

X-Era
03-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Bills sign Revis...

stuckincincy
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Williams is awful.

Well, they took a risk by keeping 3 rookie OLs last season. I suppose they thought that that 2nd rounder would merit more playing time - nice if it happens, but no sure thing for any team.

stuckincincy
03-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Bills sign Revis...

At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Cheech & Chong.

swiper
03-09-2015, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Swiper was permanently banned from BZ.

For what?

BillsImpossible
03-09-2015, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills signed two big uglies for the offensive line.

The Jokeman
03-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Williams is awful.

IMO Whaley's worst move by a mile. He's not the guy you want to build a bully, he's soft.

I don't see a need to bring in a starter at safety unless it's bringing Searcy back. Duke Williams had developed exactly the way you want a mid round guy to, he's ready to start.

I'd imagine Rambo will get a long look, Meeks is always camp fodder until he gets hurt, and I'm guessing Rex will happily rotate in Graham as needed and probably mix in amother mid/late rookie.

Williams is the only SS candidate we have on the roster. Rambo isn't going to be a thumper that we need and agree with what you said about Meeks which tells me Landry is a solid vet presence in the Jim Leohnard role. He might not start right away but he does know Rex's D and he was a top 10 SS inspite of his age. At the very least he's a good security blanket if Duke doesn't step up and will only cost $1-$2M against the cap which to me worth it.

stuckincincy
03-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Williams is the only SS candidate we have on the roster. Rambo isn't going to be a thumper that we need and agree with what you said about Meeks which tells me Landry is a solid vet presence in the Jim Leohnard role. He might not start right away but he does know Rex's D and he was a top 10 SS inspite of his age. At the very least he's a good security blanket if Duke doesn't step up and will only cost $1-$2M against the cap which to me worth it.

It's very difficult for me to agree with anything CIN's Head-Coach-For-Life Marvin Lewis says. He's long maintained that the SS designation is defunct, with all the rules ramping up the pass game as the years have gone by, and favors players of the FS type. I think he's correct.

Mace
03-10-2015, 11:11 AM

Okay, Powell is out of play, supposedly meaning to resign with Jersey, so here's another....

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign some other junk Jets guys (plural), whatever junk jets guys might be available at whatever position, and maybe even trade for more junk jets guys.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 11:12 AM
The Bills end up signing Revis.

Meathead
03-10-2015, 12:06 PM
i can post like HHurricane

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -