X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

All I Want For Free Agency Christmas Are Two Starting Offensive Lineman

Two big new trucks on the offensive line, that's all I want on this NFL Free Agency Eve.

Rebuilding the offensive line is the most important goal this off season, imho.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if the offensive line sucks.

Doesn't really matter how good the quarterback is if the offensive line sucks.

Scott Chandler does not suck. He's not a great TE, but he's good.

Charles Clay would be nice, but the Bills can probably get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Draft to compliment Chandler.

No guarantees on a 2nd or 3rd round rookie lineman. Kouandjio proved that last year.

I don't wan't Revis for the kind of money he's going to command. Rex Ryan is planning on Gilmore Island. I hope Stephon's new nickname will be, "Gilligan," in 2015.

The defense is pretty much good to go, no need to spend big money on D.

If Doug Whaley wants EJ Manuel, or any QB to have ANY chance at succeeding next year, he must build an offensive line that can protect his former first round draft pick and give him all day to make a play.

Surrounding EJ with big time talent up front COULD give Manuel the confidence he desperately needs to make good throws.

Rebuild the trenches up front on offense.

1 guard and 1 tackle or center.

That's all.
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: All I Want For Free Agency Christmas Are Two Starting Offensive Lineman

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Two big new trucks on the offensive line, that's all I want on this NFL Free Agency Eve.

Rebuilding the offensive line is the most important goal this off season, imho.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if the offensive line sucks.

Doesn't really matter how good the quarterback is if the offensive line sucks.

Scott Chandler does not suck. He's not a great TE, but he's good.

Charles Clay would be nice, but the Bills can probably get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Draft to compliment Chandler.

No guarantees on a 2nd or 3rd round rookie lineman. Kouandjio proved that last year.

I don't wan't Revis for the kind of money he's going to command. Rex Ryan is planning on Gilmore Island. I hope Stephon's new nickname will be, "Gilligan," in 2015.

The defense is pretty much good to go, no need to spend big money on D.

If Doug Whaley wants EJ Manuel, or any QB to have ANY chance at succeeding next year, he must build an offensive line that can protect his former first round draft pick and give him all day to make a play.

Surrounding EJ with big time talent up front COULD give Manuel the confidence he desperately needs to make good throws.

Rebuild the trenches up front on offense.

1 guard and 1 tackle or center.

That's all.
    We already signed Incognito anyone who doesn't deem him as an upgrade over Richardson/Urbik is in denial. We could still land Bulaga but man I want a TE more. Chandler is an enigma as he plays great 1 week and disappears for 4 or 5. He's a good number 2 TE but not a starter. I posted this the other night look at what the #49 pick Jace Amaro did last year vs what Chandler did last year and then compare that to what Clay did last year. Clay was better than them all yet the best TE that is out there is Jordan Cameron. I say this as we saw good things from Henderson at times. Who knows Kujo could live up to his draft billing and we'll have a fight for RT. Toss in people want to piss on Chris Williams but he suited up for 3 games here 2 of which we won. Would I draft an OG in Round 2 to compete? sure but only if it's AJ Caan.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-09-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

If the Bills want to run the ball down their opponents throats in 2015, they need a major shakeup on the offensive line.

Henderson didn't finish the year well. Kouandjio didn't start a single game, but then again, Marrone was in his head.

Just give me 2 very good hogs to build an elite offensive line unit in front of Manuel or Cassel, and I think the Bills make the playoffs no matter who is under center.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

If the Bills want to run the ball down their opponents throats in 2015, they need a major shakeup on the offensive line.

Henderson didn't finish the year well. Kouandjio didn't start a single game, but then again, Marrone was in his head.

Just give me 2 very good hogs to build an elite offensive line unit in front of Manuel or Cassel, and I think the Bills make the playoffs no matter who under center.
        The only hogs I pursue now are Blalock and Sims. Bulaga is interesting as could play OT or OG but man $8m is a lot of coin for a guy. Ironically I'm saying all this as I wanted to draft him the worst way when he first came out as thought he could be a LT.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          The only hogs I pursue now are Blalock and Sims. Bulaga is interesting as could play OT or OG but man $8m is a lot of coin for a guy. Ironically I'm saying all this as I wanted to draft him the worst way when he first came out as thought he could be a LT.
          With all the dough they've spent so far, my guess is that they'll have to bring in bunches of the run-of-the-mill crowd for a look. Who knows - luck happens...
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Bulaga will probably resign with the Packers, but there's a big crop of potential talent to sign tomorrow.

Does your team need a left tackle this offseason? There might be several stars available in free agency. So where will Eugene Monroe and Branden Albert land in 2014?

1. Eugene Monroe, OT, Baltimore Ravens
            2. Alex Mack, C, Cleveland Browns (UPDATE: TheBrowns placed the transition tag on Mack.)
            3. Jared Veldheer, OT, Oakland Raiders
            4. Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs
            5. Rodger Saffold, T/G, St. Louis Rams
            6. Anthony Collins, OT, Cincinnati Bengals
            7. Michael Oher, OT, Baltimore Ravens
            8. Jon Asamoah, G, Kansas City Chiefs
            9. Zach Strief, OT, New Orleans Saints
            10. Davin Joseph, G, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            11. Zane Beadles, G, Denver Broncos

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

Bulaga will probably resign with the Packers, but there's a big crop of potential talent to sign tomorrow.

Does your team need a left tackle this offseason? There might be several stars available in free agency. So where will Eugene Monroe and Branden Albert land in 2014?

1. Eugene Monroe, OT, Baltimore Ravens
              2. Alex Mack, C, Cleveland Browns (UPDATE: TheBrowns placed the transition tag on Mack.)
              3. Jared Veldheer, OT, Oakland Raiders
              4. Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs
              5. Rodger Saffold, T/G, St. Louis Rams
              6. Anthony Collins, OT, Cincinnati Bengals
              7. Michael Oher, OT, Baltimore Ravens
              8. Jon Asamoah, G, Kansas City Chiefs
              9. Zach Strief, OT, New Orleans Saints
              10. Davin Joseph, G, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              11. Zane Beadles, G, Denver Broncos
              Erm, I believe that's last years list, especially as Mack got an offer sheet that the Browns matched. Mostly, the above list is an epic fail.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                With all the dough they've spent so far, my guess is that they'll have to bring in bunches of the run-of-the-mill crowd for a look. Who knows - luck happens...
                Hughes' deal was a damn good bargain. Less than $10 million a season for 5 years on a 26 year old dominant defensive talent?

That was a steal!

McCoy's cap hit isn't high in cap context.

The Bills have all kinds of money to play with in Free Agency.

Sign the 2 best offensive lineman and let it ride on Manuel and Cassel.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                  Erm, I believe that's last years list, especially as Mack got an offer sheet that the Browns matched. Mostly, the above list is an epic fail.
                  Lost in the sauce, I meant to post this:

We love to rank things in the NFL world, and ranking free agents is no different. But this time, they’re being ranked with a scouting emphasis to give a full picture of what type of player each team is getting with a free-agent contract...

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Hudson signed, Iupati is gone....

Oher?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Hughes' deal was a damn good bargain. Less than $10 million a season for 5 years on a 26 year old dominant defensive talent?

That was a steal!

Which two would you grab? I'm not sure there are two worth big time money on these lists if you take Iupati off the lists:

Offensive Tackles
                      1. Bryan Bulaga
                      2. Doug Free (Re-signed 3-year, $15M deal with DAL)
                      3. Derek Newton (Re-signed 5-year, $26.5M deal with HOU)
                      4. King Dunlap (Re-signed 4-year, $28M deal with SD)
                      5. Joe Barksdale
                      6. Byron Bell
                      7. Jason Fox (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with MIA)
                      8. Jermey Parnell (Agreed to 5-year, $32M deal with JAX)
                      9. Jake Long
                      10. Ryan Harris

Guards/Centers
                      1. Mike Iupati
                      2. Orlando Franklin (Agreed to 5-year, $36.5M deal with SD)
                      3. Rodney Hudson (Agreed to 5-year, $44.5M deal with OAK)
                      4. Stefen Wisniewski
                      5. Clint Boling
                      6. Chris Myers
                      7. Justin Blalock
                      8. Todd Herremans (Signed 1-year, $2.25M deal with IND)
                      9. James Carpenter
                      10. Brian De La Puente
                      11. Rob Sims

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
                      Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-09-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

That was a steal!

Well, just make sure you do your part and buy those season tix...
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

On the eve of the free agency 'legal tampering period', it appears Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski will be busy finding a new team. According to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle,...

Report: Stefen Wisniewski will not be back with Raiders
                          Last edited by BillsImpossible; 03-09-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            Which two would you grab? I'm not sure there are two worth big time money on these lists if you take Iupati off the lists:

Offensive Tackles
                            1. Bryan Bulaga
                            2. Doug Free (Re-signed 3-year, $15M deal with DAL)
                            3. Derek Newton (Re-signed 5-year, $26.5M deal with HOU)
                            4. King Dunlap (Re-signed 4-year, $28M deal with SD)
                            5. Joe Barksdale
                            6. Byron Bell
                            7. Jason Fox (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with MIA)
                            8. Jermey Parnell (Agreed to 5-year, $32M deal with JAX)
                            9. Jake Long
                            10. Ryan Harris

Guards/Centers
                            1. Mike Iupati
                            2. Orlando Franklin (Agreed to 5-year, $36.5M deal with SD)
                            3. Rodney Hudson (Agreed to 5-year, $44.5M deal with OAK)
                            4. Stefen Wisniewski
                            5. Clint Boling
                            6. Chris Myers
                            7. Justin Blalock
                            8. Todd Herremans (Signed 1-year, $2.25M deal with IND)
                            9. James Carpenter
                            10. Brian De La Puente
                            11. Rob Sims

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...fl-free-agents
                            Bulaga and Wisniewski.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Glenn, Wood, Wisniewski, Incognito, Bulaga.

Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X