PDA

View Full Version : Bills never in the Iupati race

X-Era
03-09-2015, 06:46 PM
By their own choice.

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/575089800530784256

Despite a report to the contrary, #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) were not among teams pursuing OG Mike Iupati, who reportedly is headed to Cardinals.

The Jokeman
03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
It makes sense I mean we've seen what Whaley's done the last two OGs we've signed (Williams and Incognito) both to rather small deals. Let's not forget Whaley comes from the Steelers brain tree and they rarely spent big money on O-lineman and knew it was critical to keep their D intact. Now give us a TE who can move the chains and add some depth at O-line and we could be sitting pretty this season IMO.

Jaybird
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
interesting... hopefully we have our eyes on another Lineman. we need at least 1 more starter

X-Era
03-09-2015, 06:51 PM
It makes sense I mean we've seen what Whaley's done the last two OGs we've signed (Williams and Incognito) both to rather small deals. Let's not forget Whaley comes from the Steelers brain tree and they rarely spent big money on O-lineman and knew it was critical to keep their D intact. Now give us a TE who can move the chains and add some depth at O-line and we could be sitting pretty this season IMO.
I really think they drop big coin on a OLmen... could be Bulaga

justasportsfan
03-09-2015, 07:01 PM
I can believe this because Shady is so good , he doesn't need an OL.

Buddo
03-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Tbh, there's an awful lot of guys out there who could easily beconsidered 'upgrades', particularly at Guard. Many are vets, who aren't going to be excessively costly. Blalock for one, you also have the other FAs who aren't considered to be as expensive as Iupati, in Franklin and Boling, who while not as good run blockers, are probably better pass protectors.

This is a good FA period to want to get O-Line help, and we do need it even with signing Incognito.

Novacane
03-09-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't think they believe in paying big money to an OG. Can't say I disagree.

The Jokeman
03-09-2015, 07:08 PM
I really think they drop big coin on a OLmen... could be Bulaga

I'd only do it if we can't land Clay or Cameron.

ct bills fan
03-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Revis, Clay, a vet we and any olineman they like!!

psubills62
03-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Interesting. It seemed like a good fit since we are clearly going to be a running team. I'll be interested to see who they end up getting.

Skooby
03-09-2015, 09:05 PM
He couldn't pass block, so I'm not sure how good or bad this is.

sudzy
03-10-2015, 02:22 AM

Incognito might be a good pick up. He cames at a discount because of the PR baggage. But Whaley's last two guard signings before that Williams andLegursky hardly encourage me to trust Doug's ability to fill the spot.

Night Train
03-10-2015, 02:57 AM
I don't think they believe in paying big money to an OG. Can't say I disagree.

Not after the Derek Dockery fiasco.

As I posted several times, this draft has starter types with talent in Rounds 2-3 and beyond at Guard.

Topas
03-10-2015, 03:36 AM
Incognito might be a good pick up. He cames at a discount because of the PR baggage. But Whaley's last two guard signings before that Williams andLegursky hardly encourage me to trust Doug's ability to fill the spot.

Lets see if their non-performance is due to Whaley getting bad guards or because Marrone is incompetent at OLine development.
I find it hilarious that he is coaching the one unit in Jac, that performed worst in Buffalo....

coastal
03-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Guards are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

Topas
03-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Well, even a second round guard did not work out. But yes, I agree, even in the later rounds we can get a guard that improves upon our current guard status. It would just be nice to not only improve from 32nd to 30th best guards in the NFL. So getting a better with someone like Bulaga would be nice. However, since recently we actually do spent money I think we need to be cautious. Because re-signing dareus next year will be priority number one. If a high priced guard does not allow this then I am happy with a late round guard.
Actually I hope they extend Dareus already this year at a somewhat reasonable price. Meaning not above the one from Tampa (McCoy?).

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 08:20 AM
We should turn our focus to Boling and Blalock.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Guards are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

Is this sarcasm or a 180 degree reversal for you?

In any event, regarding the original topic: I think Whaley is going to give his 2014 draft another chance. He did after all throw three picks at the OL, and only one stuck. I think he is likely hoping that Richardson, Kujo, or both take a significant step forward.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Is this sarcasm or a 180 degree reversal for you?

In any event, regarding the original topic: I think Whaley is going to give his 2014 draft another chance. He did after all throw three picks at the OL, and only one stuck. I think he is likely hoping that Richardson, Kujo, or both take a significant step forward.

I think it is sarcasm.

Whaley is making the kind of big mistake by not not seriously upgrading the OL that will get him fired next off-season.

This was a very poor OL and adding a 32 year old who has not played in a season and a half to it is simply not much of an upgrade.

Downinfloflo
03-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Poor Spiked, You been on the O-Line for like 9 years now...All they done is let ya down.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I think it is sarcasm.

Whaley is making the kind of big mistake by not not seriously upgrading the OL that will get him fired next off-season.

This was a very poor OL and adding a 32 year old who has not played in a season and a half to it is simply not much of an upgrade.

I agree, but I think I understand Whaley's thinking.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Poor Spiked, You been on the O-Line for like 9 years now...All they done is let ya down.

We have shown that a team cannot win without an above average OL unless they have an elite QB.

We don't have either.

Downinfloflo
03-10-2015, 04:57 PM
They still have the draft to let ya down some more, Hold tight!!