PDA

View Full Version : How the Bills OL SHOULD look like in September

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Just thinking about what the Bills have right now and they actually have a good amount of RAW talent on hand for OL.

Cyrus Kouandjio - This kid is still only 21. By Comparison Henderson is 2 years older which probably explains his acceleration into the starting RT job. From a standpoint of prototype LT, Kouandjio is exactly what you would want. He is 6'7 321, so very tall and not on the heavy side. He also has almost 36 inch arms which is crazy plus pretty big hands and 10 1/2 inch. Those are the kind of ideal LT measurables you look for.

Ideally Cyrus should be the starting LT on this team assuming he develops enough and gets proper coaching. Let's not forget he was a 2nd round pick like Glenn.

Henderson - Ive been critical of him but he also is the prototype RT. 6'7 330 with 35 inch arms and big hands. He should start at RT and build on last year.

Cyril Richardson - I think he is your typical RG candidate. Not too tall, heavy and strong. He obviously needs technique work but he is the ideal candidate if you are trying to build a road-grating OL.

Incognito for me should compete with Richardson for the RG spot.

Glenn -- I really think if all goes well with the young guys he should be pushed inside to LG. He is well suited there with his size and he has good mobility which will be useful on pulls and sweeps and screens.

Wood - As is.

In Summary I see the OL looking like this - Assuming these guys step up and improve

Kouandjio - Glenn - Wood - Richardson/Incognito - Henderson

That OL would definitely fit a run first scheme.

EDS
03-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Just thinking about what the Bills have right now and they actually have a good amount of RAW talent on hand for OL.

Cyrus Kouandjio - This kid is still only 21. By Comparison Henderson is 2 years older which probably explains his acceleration into the starting RT job. From a standpoint of prototype LT, Kouandjio is exactly what you would want. He is 6'7 321, so very tall and not on the heavy side. He also has almost 36 inch arms which is crazy plus pretty big hands and 10 1/2 inch. Those are the kind of ideal LT measurables you look for.

Ideally Cyrus should be the starting LT on this team assuming he develops enough and gets proper coaching. Let's not forget he was a 2nd round pick like Glenn.

Henderson - Ive been critical of him but he also is the prototype RT. 6'7 330 with 35 inch arms and big hands. He should start at RT and build on last year.

Cyril Richardson - I think he is your typical RG candidate. Not too tall, heavy and strong. He obviously needs technique work but he is the ideal candidate if you are trying to build a road-grating OL.

Incognito for me should compete with Richardson for the RG spot.

Glenn -- I really think if all goes well with the young guys he should be pushed inside to LG. He is well suited there with his size and he has good mobility which will be useful on pulls and sweeps and screens.

Wood - As is.

In Summary I see the OL looking like this - Assuming these guys step up and improve

Kouandjio - Glenn - Wood - Richardson/Incognito - Henderson

That OL would definitely fit a run first scheme.

Not going to happen. Measurables are nice but they are meaningless if the dude just can't play. Cyrus has a long way to go just be a viable reserve.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 01:48 PM
That OL line up is nothing but wishful thinking.

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't see why.

We have a LT that we drafted in the 2nd round. Wishful thinking that this 21 year old is going to be significantly better? Also that his coaching will be much better?

Then we have a RT who started 16 games last year in the same spot.

Glenn was projected as a G when he came out.

Incognito or a sophomore at RG isn't a stretch either.

Really, the only thing you are saying is wishful thinking is that Cyrus becomes a starting LT. This guy was inactive last year with a coaching staff that made our OLmen worse than they ever have been.

I think Cyrus will be a real player and if so Glenn moving inside will be the only move that makes sense.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Cyrus shouldn't even be on the roster and wouldn't be if he wasn't overdrafted.

And Richardson shouldn't start over Incognito.

So the line as it is now is - Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Williams - if not released, Henderson

That's not good enough and I don't think there's much in FA to make it better at this point.