PDA

View Full Version : Get Brees Now!

EDS
03-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Saints are in fire sale mode. If the Bills think they are in win now mode, might as well go all in.

Buffalogic
03-10-2015, 02:11 PM
This may be possible. They now have 2 first round picks and they met with Winston at the combine.

USC_Gamecock
03-10-2015, 02:11 PM
I agree with OP. Make the Bills Superbowl contenders TODAY!!!!

CoolBreeze
03-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Saints are in fire sale mode. If the Bills think they are in win now mode, might as well go all in.

I like your thinking, but they just said on NFL Network that Brees is the only piece not on the table

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
If the bills get brees I will run naked down my street covered in honey and let every neighborhood dog lick it off.

BuffaloRedleg
03-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Are there any rumors about this at all?

Are we just speculating?

Man this would be unreal.

What would you guys give up? Next years first and 3rd, and then the year afters 1st as well? It would be a lot.

casdhf
03-10-2015, 02:21 PM
There is no way Brees gets traded. It would be like the Pats trading Brady. It just isn't going to happen.

USC_Gamecock
03-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Are there any rumors about this at all?

Are we just speculating?

Man this would be unreal.

What would you guys give up? Next years first and 3rd, and then the year afters 1st as well? It would be a lot.

Total speculation and wishful thinking -- I don't think Brees is even on the block, just tuned into NFLN myself.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 02:22 PM
I highly doubt the Saints move Brees.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they package their now 2 firsts to attempt to get Mariotta as an eventual replacement.

Thurmal
03-10-2015, 02:23 PM
He looked rough last year, he is average at best when forced to play in bad weather, and his contract would be near impossible to take on. No thanks.

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

They just stripped him of his favorite weapon and released one of their best OL.

Why wouldn't they entertain a 2nd round pick for Brees?

More ammo to trade up for Winston or Mariota.

USC_Gamecock
03-10-2015, 02:24 PM
He looked rough last year, he is average at best when forced to play in bad weather, and his contract would be near impossible to take on. No thanks.

Think before you post guy .. check out his stats last season ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2580/drew-brees

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

They just stripped him of his favorite weapon and released one of their best OL.

Why wouldn't they entertain a 2nd round pick for Brees?

More ammo to trade up for Winston or Mariota.

They just bolstered their o-line by getting Unger.

Brees looked bad last year because the o-line play was atrocious.

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 02:27 PM
They just bolstered their o-line by getting Unger.

Brees looked bad last year because the o-line play was atrocious.

True. But its possible they did that to run the ball better for whatever rookie QB they want.

Remember, this team has major holes on D and they likely want picks to re-build the team.

But you could be right also.

Thurmal
03-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Those numbers are inflated by throwing from behind and being in tons of shootouts. They had a losing record and he struggled more than he has in any season. The guy is one of the greats of his generation, but he would not be the same player outdoors in Buffalo.

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Those numbers are inflated by throwing from behind and being in tons of shootouts. They had a losing record and he struggled more than he has in any season. The guy is one of the greats of his generation, but he would not be the same player outdoors in Buffalo.

People said the same about Peyton not being able to throw in Denver weather.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 02:29 PM

He wouldn't be the same player here because of the o-line play.

Well, he'd look like he did last year not 2-5 years ago.

Thurmal
03-10-2015, 02:33 PM
He wouldn't be the same player here because of the o-line play.

Well, he'd look like he did last year not 2-5 years ago.
Yup. If we are going to spend huge money on a player, he needs to be a o-lineman. It's unreal how this team (and its fans), time and time again, thinks that it can pick up a bunch of stud skill position guys, neglect the line, and everything will turn out okay.

EDS
03-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Yup. If we are going to spend huge money on a player, he needs to be a o-lineman. It's unreal how this team (and its fans), time and time again, thinks that it can pick up a bunch of stud skill position guys, neglect the line, and everything will turn out okay.

Yet the team has evidenced its ability to win consistently with mediocre QB play . . . .

justasportsfan
03-10-2015, 02:38 PM

below 5K yards and 33 TD's is a down year for Brees. He sucks.

BuffaloRedleg
03-10-2015, 02:40 PM

If you think 5,000 yards, 33 TDs and 97 QBR is rough then I don't know what to tell you.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2015, 02:40 PM
If you think 5,000 yards, 33 TDs and 97 QBR is rough then I don't know what to tell you.

For Drew Brees it is.

:rofl:

Bill Cody
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
If the bills get brees I will run naked down my street covered in honey and let every neighborhood dog lick it off.

hmm....you forgot to mention you'd do that even if we don't get Brees

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
hmm....you forgot to mention you'd do that even if we don't get Brees

I wouldn't run though.

trapezeus
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
so this officially seems to be dead and not realistic.

posting this as a hope to give us a chance on such a trade.

Mace
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
so this officially seems to be dead and not realistic.

Well, it was though anyway. They don't intend to be a passing team. It's not all about the qb anymore, they're purposely engineering a running team.

Meathead
03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
why limit it to just the neighborhood dogs

BillsImpossible
03-10-2015, 06:01 PM
There is no way Brees gets traded. It would be like the Pats trading Brady. It just isn't going to happen.

Or it could be like the Colts releasing Peyton Manning.

CoolBreeze
03-12-2015, 01:14 PM
* Bump.... Only because the Saints are trading their team away

Their guard Grubb has been traded to the Chiefs for a 5th round pick

Now they are looking for suitors for Kenny Stills who is 23 and coming off a good year

They're taking their offense apart... Brees must be upset

Mahdi
03-12-2015, 01:23 PM
* Bump.... Only because the Saints are trading their team away

Their guard Grubb has been traded to the Chiefs for a 5th round pick

Now they are looking for suitors for Kenny Stills who is 23 and coming off a good year

They're taking their offense apart... Brees must be upset

Seems like they are trying to piss off Brees. Basically telling him since he won't take a pay cut they'll move out his offensive support and build the defense.

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Seems like they are trying to piss off Brees. Basically telling him since he won't take a pay cut they'll move out his offensive support and build the defense.

I can't see how a decent chap who has got millions a year for many a year, who will continue to get same from the Saints as well as his considerable endorsement $, can possibly be angered. :surf:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/drew-brees/

paladin warrior
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Lol . you better cover your private part between your legs from dog lick it off from sticky honey

Mahdi
03-12-2015, 02:39 PM
I can't see how a decent chap who has got millions a year for many a year, who will continue to get same from the Saints as well as his considerable endorsement $, can possibly be angered. :surf:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/drew-brees/

Cause some guys want to win...

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Cause some guys want to win...

He already has. I'd be surprised if he's interested in taking a pounding with some other franchise to do it again. Unless NO wants to suffer a tremendous cap it by cutting him, he will continue to roll in the dough next season with players who know that to protect him is to keep their own bread well buttered.