PDA

View Full Version : Theres a possibility OL is 4th on our list... Harvin to visit?

X-Era
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Clay is in town, Felton is as well and has been rumored to have already signed and now rumor is Harvin's first visit will be in Buffalo.

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/575438509772644352

Mahdi
03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
They want to improve the interior receiving options...

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 05:47 PM
FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE OR THIS IS ALL MEANINGLESS

X-Era
03-10-2015, 05:48 PM
FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE OR THIS IS ALL MEANINGLESSQB is the hardest thing to find not OL

BillsImpossible
03-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Percy Harvin would be amazing to watch in a Bills uniform, but OpIv37 is absolutely right.

All the fast toys don't matter if the Bills can't protect the quarterback.

thejosh213
03-10-2015, 05:55 PM
What QB?!?!

X-Era
03-10-2015, 05:57 PM
What QB?!?!Same ones we had before this thread... Whats changed with that situation?

BillsImpossible
03-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Same ones we had before this thread... Whats changed with that situation?

Locker retired.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 06:00 PM
QB is the hardest thing to find not OL

Face it: there is no hope of fixing QB this off-season. The FA/trade market is weak and we spent our 1st round pick on Watkins already.

We can fix the OL. It will make life easier on EJ and Cassell, and we will be set to concentrate on QB next off-season.

X-Era
03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Face it: there is no hope of fixing QB this off-season. The FA/trade market is weak and we spent our 1st round pick on Watkins already.

We can fix the OL. It will make life easier on EJ and Cassell, and we will be set to concentrate on QB next off-season.Face it: We are not even 12 hours into free agency yet.

And the off-season including the draft is > 12 hours.

Night Train
03-10-2015, 06:06 PM

There is this thing called THE DRAFT, with quality OL starter types available in Rounds 2-3 and beyond this year.

I didn't like this FA class at all.

Mace
03-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Same ones we had before this thread... Whats changed with that situation?

Honestly nothing, until the draft. They aren't meaning to do more with it and intend to minimize the position via handoffs.

Night Train
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Harvin quit on Seattle, then played for Rex. Did he change ?

Not sure.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 06:14 PM
There is plenty of time left, but it appears the Bills are under appreciating the importance of a good OL once again.

Either they are incapable of evaluating OL talent or just don't see the OL as a priority.

The same crap philosophy that OL can be found late in the draft or off other teams practice squads despite the fact this Bills regime like the previous over 15 years has not been able to produce one top 5 OL in any of those years.

I could understand the arrogance if there is a history of great OL talent evaluation in the organization, but there simply isn't.

So I have to assume it is the same devaluation that is held by fans who do not really understand football, but rather prefer the sexy positions of pass catching TEs or WRs.

Once this team is unable to run the ball because our OL is dominated by superior DLs, we will need to rely on the arm of of our poor QBs. That is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, myopic fans will blame the lack of a run game on play calling and the RBs rather than looking to see that there are no run lanes/holes and that our OL is getting their stools pushed in.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 06:16 PM
There is this thing called THE DRAFT, with quality OL starter types available in Rounds 2-3 and beyond this year.

You really want to start 2 rookie Guards this year?

We looked like crap last year with a rookie RT and 2 other rookie OLs that could not stay on the field.

Just like last year, the spin from the draft will be how those rookie OLs slid in the draft and should have been drafted much higher.

USC_Gamecock
03-10-2015, 06:18 PM

Offensive line isn't great -- but that "offense" we ran last year had a lot to do with how bad the line looked. Play calling was abysmal.

- - - Updated - - -

We looked like crap last year with a rookie RT and 2 other rookie OLs that could not stay on the field.

Just like last year, the spin from the draft will be how those rookie OLs slid in the draft and should have been drafted much higher.

So you're claiming playcalling was great last year right? Other defenses had no idea what we were doing on offense -- okay, got it.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 06:24 PM
So you're claiming playcalling was great last year right? Other defenses had no idea what we were doing on offense -- okay, got it.

Hackett was in over his head, but there were times where the play calling was good, but the OL could not execute.

Dallas has a great OL. Defences often know the play that is coming and simply cannot stop it. Dallas is so confidant in their OL that they let the leagues leading rushing RB walk away in free agency.

That is the OL we should aspire to. A dominant OL that will not let us down in the 3rd and 4th quarter when we want to control the clock.

Instead, we are looking for "serviceable" OL like Incognito who is 32 years old and has not played in a year and a half. Basically, the any fat guy plan to OL success.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Face it: We are not even 12 hours into free agency yet.

And the off-season including the draft is > 12 hours.

Lmao. Every year. Every ****ing year with this ****.

A lot of the best players were committed before FA even started this year, and a bunch more went today. The longer FA goes on, fewer options are available. The two best OL are already off the market.

X-Era
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Lmao. Every year. Every ****ing year with this ****.

A lot of the best players were committed before FA even started this year, and a bunch more went today. The longer FA goes on, fewer options are available. The two best OL are already off the market.2 OL are off the market and this complaint? 2?

If free agency is 2 players deep I got news... we're ****ed no matter what. Did you forget that there are 32 other teams trying to get better too?

Jry44
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
There is plenty of time left, but it appears the Bills are under appreciating the importance of a good OL once again.

Either they are incapable of evaluating OL talent or just don't see the OL as a priority.

The same crap philosophy that OL can be found late in the draft or off other teams practice squads despite the fact this Bills regime like the previous over 15 years has not been able to produce one top 5 OL in any of those years.

I could understand the arrogance if there is a history of great OL talent evaluation in the organization, but there simply isn't.

So I have to assume it is the same devaluation that is held by fans who do not really understand football, but rather prefer the sexy positions of pass catching TEs or WRs.

Once this team is unable to run the ball because our OL is dominated by superior DLs, we will need to rely on the arm of of our poor QBs. That is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, myopic fans will blame the lack of a run game on play calling and the RBs rather than looking to see that there are no run lanes/holes and that our OL is getting their stools pushed in.

Free agency is.... 4 hours old. Patience. .

The free agency prize for the oline resigned with the Packers. You absolutely can not ignore other needs while chasing o-linemen first only.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 06:27 PM

We have 6 draft picks and only 3 in the first 5 rounds.

If we get lucky we can find another Cyril Kwijibo. :rolleyes:

X-Era
03-10-2015, 06:30 PM
No longer a rumor:

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/575449697533329408

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Any fat bastard will do on the OL given our superior OL coaching.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
I do agree with OP. All the shiny toys won't make a difference if the qb or rb is on his back all day.

What's the point of owning a Ferrari if you don't have enough to put gas in it and live in a mobile home with no furniture?

X-Era
03-10-2015, 06:57 PM
I do agree with OP. All the shiny toys won't make a difference if the qb or rb is on his back all day.

What's the point of owning a Ferrari if you don't have enough to put gas in it and live in a mobile home with no furniture?
Good thing we don't need to go to the track for another 6 months

baalworship
03-10-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm getting worried but Whaley has a plan. With all these moves I'm hoping we can get one of these salary cap challenged teams to trade someone better than what we are seeing. Will start to get mad if no offensive line is brought in tomorrow as well.

better days
03-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Harvin quit on Seattle, then played for Rex. Did he change ?

Not sure.

The Bills would not bring Harvin in for a visit if Rex was not on board.

better days
03-10-2015, 10:28 PM

Incognito will be one of the starters at Guard & he is no rookie.

The other Guard may be a vet as well.

djjimkelly
03-10-2015, 11:07 PM

our forner HC/ OL coch sucked the o line will be more then serviceable under the new staff

BuffaloRedleg
03-11-2015, 01:11 AM
If you are going to be something then be it.

(Mac accidentally kicks the car's mirror instead of the window)
Mac: ****! You know what? There is a slope in the ground, and I didn't—I wasn't—I wasn't calibrating that grade.
Charlie: You just totally broke this mirror, bro!
Mac: Ah, man. Well, it's the bull**** street. We gotta get that—we gotta get the zoning people out here.
Charlie: I don't think it's the street, bro.
Charlie: (to Mac) Learn how to kick. Take one karate class if you're so into karate, you know?

If you care that much about running the ball then fricken care that much about running the ball. GO ALL IN.

- - - Updated - - -

our forner HC/ OL coch sucked the o line will be more then serviceable under the new staff

Source?