PDA

View Full Version : You have to admit it's kind of funny...

YardRat
03-10-2015, 07:21 PM
What are the two biggest needs on offense? QB and oline.

What are the positions we are bringing in or allegedly dealing with? RB, FB, TE, WR.

We're loading up on skill positions, we better hope the youngsters from last season or a draft pick or two can really step it up this season.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 07:25 PM
We will draft an OL in the 3rd round that they will spin as a having a 1st round grade and he will struggle to get on the field.

Mace
03-10-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm sort of resigned to inevitability. Maybe Harbaugh will come back to the league in 2020 and Kim will hire him !

Maybe I'll still be alive to see us have a first round pick then !

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 07:30 PM

What are the positions we are bringing in or allegedly dealing with? RB, FB, TE, WR.

We're loading up on skill positions, we better hope the youngsters from last season or a draft pick or two can really step it up this season.
Couldn't agree more. The overall talent is better but it isn't going to matter if defenders are running free in the backfield all game.

EDS
03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
But, but Incognito and Cassell . . .

Mace
03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Couldn't agree more. The overall talent is better but it isn't going to matter if defenders are running free in the backfield all game.

More like they'll all be in the box grinning to say hello to Shady.

BillsImpossible
03-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Have people forgotten that Doug Marrone took a good offensive line and totally f'd it up?

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Have people forgotten that Doug Marrone took a good offensive line and totally f'd it up?

Bullcrap!!!

We have blamed everything on Marrone except our improved record of 9-7.

The OL talent simply wasn't there last year.

EricStratton
03-10-2015, 07:49 PM
To this point has a difference making quarterback been available via trade or FA that would have helped this team Yard?

As far as the OLine it's called free agency for a reason. There are 31 other teams looking at these players and for every guy who inks a deal there are 20 other teams who would have liked to have him.

X-Era
03-10-2015, 07:49 PM

We're loading up on skill positions, we better hope the youngsters from last season or a draft pick or two can really step it up this season.Rumors were we were in on Bulaga, Boling, and possibly Evans if cut. We already signed Incognito a former pro-bowler.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2015, 07:51 PM
It's a QB league. Moves don't mean shLt without a QB.

justasportsfan
03-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Bullcrap!!!

We have blamed everything on Marrone except our improved record of 9-7.

The OL talent simply wasn't there last year.
You have to admit that everyone on the offense regressed. At what point do you think that it was the system/coaching? The talk that Marrone wanted conservative system could very well be true. It happened during Jaurons era.

Marrone turning EJ into a wuss could very well have happened too.

Think of it, the only unit that Marrone supposedly was an e pert of was the weakest link. Even Chan did a better job with Urbik an co.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 07:53 PM

Oh please. This is a talent issue, not a coaching issue.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 07:56 PM
We already signed Incognito a former pro-bowler.

He was also a former player for the past year and a half.

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Some people are just born to *****! With all the good this team is doing compared to years past...it's like night n day. Where are all you 'Ralph is Cheap' *****es now? The glass is half full and will soon be overflowing. Then what? Will you find something new to ***** about or turn coat and act like you've known success was coming?

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Some people are just born to *****! With all the good this team is doing compared to years past...it's like night n day. Where are all you 'Ralph is Cheap' *****es now? The glass is half full and will soon be overflowing. Then what? Will you find something new to ***** about or turn coat and act like you've known success was coming?
Spending money isn't the cure-all. Just look at the Redskins. They spend money like it's going out of style and they've barely been better than us. IIRC they've only made the playoffs once in the last 15 years.

Spending money poorly is what Pegula did to the Sabres and look where they are right now.....

I have consistently said that the money has to be spent wisely, and spending money on skill positions without fixing the OL first is foolish.

BillsImpossible
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM

If the Bills sign Drew Brees, people will *****, no doubt.

It's like arguing with your wife, you never win.

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 08:09 PM

OpIv37=WIFE?

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
SpikedLemonade=WIFE?

Mace
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
OpIv37=WIFE?

You're so hammered.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 08:18 PM
SpikedLemonade=WIFE?

I'm not *****ing about everything.

I like the moves the Bills made this off-season thus far except the chronic neglect of the OL.

Why can't we build an OL that is above average and maybe grows into a good OL in a year or two?

Why are we always going after the WR?

Let's go all in on this ground and pound idea.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 08:24 PM

If the Bills sign Drew Brees at his requested $23 million, it means we are roughly 2 years from cap jail. If we get a title in that 2 years it would be worth it. If not, more stupidity followed by at least 3 more years of rebuilding.

And even Drew Brees can't win behind this OL.

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 08:24 PM
You're so hammered.Mace=girlfriend

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm not *****ing about everything.

I like the moves the Bills made this off-season thus far except the chronic neglect of the OL.

Why can't we build an OL that is above average and maybe grows into a good OL in a year or two?

Why are we always going after the WR?

Let's go all in on this ground and pound idea.Didn't we have the #2 rushing attack in the NFL two years ago with mostly the same line?

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 08:28 PM
If the Bills sign Drew Brees at his requested $23 million, it means we are roughly 2 years from cap jail. If we get a title in that 2 years it would be worth it. If not, more stupidity followed by at least 3 more years of rebuilding.

And even Drew Brees can't win behind this OL. As bad as our O was this year we were two plays away from 11-5...

Mace
03-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Mace=girlfriend

Always better to be the girlfriend than the wife, thank you.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Didn't we have the #2 rushing attack in the NFL two years ago with mostly the same line?

No

Saratoga Slim
03-10-2015, 08:41 PM
No

Yeah we did. On a total rushing yards basis anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah we did. On a total rushing yards basis anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Because of the high number of rushing attempts. The offense wasn't effective however.

jimmifli
03-10-2015, 09:03 PM
I'll play Devil's advocate. What would Chan Gailey do with this talent?

He'd implement a spread offense that got the ball out quick and ran from 3 WR sets. The Oline wouldn't need to hold much of a pocket or clear holes for running. He'd sweep,screen and draw this talent to an offense that ranked somewhere around 15th in scoring and yards. Given the defense's ability to provide stellar field position, there's a chance it could crack top 10 in scoring. He had us 14th with much less talent.

Roman seems to also protect the passer with quick throws. So maybe there's a chance?

But I just don't see how this group can be successful in run blocking.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I'll play Devil's advocate. What would Chan Gailey do with this talent?

He'd implement a spread offense that got the ball out quick and ran from 3 WR sets. The Oline wouldn't need to hold much of a pocket or clear holes for running. He'd sweep,screen and draw this talent to an offense that ranked somewhere around 15th in scoring and yards. Given the defense's ability to provide stellar field position, there's a chance it could crack top 10 in scoring. He had us 14th with much less talent.

Roman seems to also protect the passer with quick throws. So maybe there's a chance?

But I just don't see how this group can be successful in run blocking.

Perhaps, but these guys say they want to ground and pound. Those are the words coming out of their mouths. So far the words don't match their actions.

Chan wanted a more wide open offense and they sought out that "jitterbug" of a RB. Chan used the talent that we had effectively.

This OL will result in a lot of 3rds and long.

BillsFanCupp38
03-10-2015, 09:12 PM
No more money... Cap is just about at the limit. I think. We've done good so far. We are setting the stage for a good football team. We finally have a dynamic tight end that every bills fan has been crying for since forever. Great rb and fb. J Hughes. Pieces are in place. We were not going to get a qb this year. The class just wasn't there. We will get a capable lineman in the draft. Build your o lline through the draft not FA. I can't remember the last great FA lineman we got. They all seemed to be good for nothing.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 09:14 PM
As bad as our O was this year we were two plays away from 11-5...

And two plays away from being under .500 yet again

Goobylal
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Yeah, WTF! It's only 7 hours into FA and QB (there are none, BTW) and the other OG spot haven't been addressed. Waaaaaaah!

:rolleyes:

YardRat
03-10-2015, 09:22 PM
To this point has a difference making quarterback been available via trade or FA that would have helped this team Yard?

As far as the OLine it's called free agency for a reason. There are 31 other teams looking at these players and for every guy who inks a deal there are 20 other teams who would have liked to have him.

Yeah, I know...that's why it's funny and I'm not pissed. There isn't a QB really worth pursuing, and we did at least get Cassel. They did get Incognito already, and will probably add another, plus the draft.

When **** like this happens it usually reminds me of Lewis Black's comedy skit about Cheney and quail hunting related to the Middle East.

(aiming gun)"oline...oline...oline..."(quickly swerves aim to the left) "FULLBACK !!!"

jpdex12
03-10-2015, 09:24 PM
And two plays away from being under .500 yet again I would have just won $1mm if I had that much. I knew that was coming. 1st day of FA and you idiots are ready to run everyone out. Get a grip.

OpIv37
03-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah, WTF! It's only 7 hours into FA and QB (there are none, BTW) and the other OG spot haven't been addressed. Waaaaaaah!

:rolleyes:

Every ****ing year with this ****.

The 2 best OL were gone before FA even started and two more went today. The top 5 OL on the market will be gone by tomorrow.

But go on- keep up with your delusion that quality OL will be available until the day before the home opener. We can always wait until last cut, because picking up other team's trash has been so successful for us :rolleyes:

CoolBreeze
03-10-2015, 09:33 PM
My thought process is Rex is higher on EJ then he was on Geno. Also maybe he has faith in our O-line which is extremely young and has alot of potential.

Goobylal
03-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Every ****ing year with this ****.

The 2 best OL were gone before FA even started and two more went today. The top 5 OL on the market will be gone by tomorrow.

But go on- keep up with your delusion that quality OL will be available until the day before the home opener. We can always wait until last cut, because picking up other team's trash has been so successful for us :rolleyes:
How about we wait until more than 7-1/2 hours have passed, okay? And yes, picking up other people's trash has helped at times.

BuffaloRedleg
03-10-2015, 10:23 PM
As bad as our O was this year we were two plays away from 11-5...

Coach Bombay: I go in, I triple deke. I fake the goalie right out of his pads.
The puck's headed in, and then, Clang! Hits the post.
We lost in overtime.
A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in.
A quarter of an inch, Charlie.
Charlie: Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely.

jpdex12
03-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Coach Bombay:I go in, I triple deke. I fake the goalie right out of his pads.
The puck's headed in, and then, Clang! Hits the post.
We lost in overtime.
A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in.
A quarter of an inch, Charlie.
Charlie:Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely.

Was this a quote taken after a Sabres game?

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 10:26 AM
How about we wait until more than 7-1/2 hours have passed, okay? And yes, picking up other people's trash has helped at times.
Ugh. Apparently this concept is too difficult for you.

Limited supply. The longer we wait, fewer players are available and the quality of those players goes down.

Goobylal
03-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Ugh. Apparently this concept is too difficult for you.

Limited supply. The longer we wait, fewer players are available and the quality of those players goes down.
Overpaying for an OG in FA hasn't worked out too well for teams. Including and especially the Bills.

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Overpaying for an OG in FA hasn't worked out too well for teams. Including and especially the Bills.
And it's invalid to assume getting one of the better guards in FA means "overpaying."

I can't believe some of you. You defend paying $6 million a year to an RB who will be on be wrong side of 30 before his contract is up (and giving up a good young player to get him) then balk at actually spending money to upgrade the OL and actually protect that RB. It's like you have no problem with setting him up to fail.

Night Train
03-11-2015, 02:10 PM
It's also kind of funny that Iupati and Bulaga were never coming here, so the Bills are obligated to throw big money at some 2nd, 3rd rate OL that are average at best, just to appease the clueless. Dockery and Walker say hello.

Lack of knowledge means little. " Give me my toy ! "

The Draft is no longer a consideration, even though OL talent is evident.

The sky is falling in March. Got it.

The quality of knowledgeable posting here is boderline pathetic at times.

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 02:15 PM
It's also kind of funny that Iupati and Bulaga were never coming here, so the Bills are obligated to throw big money at some 2nd, 3rd rate OL that are average at best, just to appease the clueless. Dockery and Walker say hello.

The draft was no longer a consideration when this FO made trades that left us with only 6 picks and only 3 in the first 5 rounds. Oh, and remember when we went OL heavy in the last draft? How'd that work out?

And what's clueless is that some of you think that any of these moves matter if we don't fix the OL. The OL was awful last year and our QB's scare no one. Shady's going to be looking at 8 and 9 man fronts all season and we know our current OL can't handle that.

And Dockery and Walker? Really? We know the guys who made those moves were morons, and now we are never supposed to sign an OL in FA again because some proven morons made bad moves? Please.

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2015, 02:17 PM

I am all for using both our 2nd and 3rd round picks on Guards.

I just think we are fooling ourselves if we believe Incognito is still an above average NFL starting OL.

Night Train
03-11-2015, 02:18 PM
The draft was no longer a consideration when this FO made trades that left us with only 6 picks and only 3 in the first 5 rounds. Oh, and remember when we went OL heavy in the last draft? How'd that work out?

And what's clueless is that some of you think that any of these moves matter if we don't fix the OL. The OL was awful last year and our QB's scare no one. Shady's going to be looking at 8 and 9 man fronts all season and we know our current OL can't handle that.

And Dockery and Walker? Really? We know the guys who made those moves were morons, and now we are never supposed to sign an OL in FA again because some proven morons made bad moves? Please.

So who are we signing Op ? You should have a long list ready of quality OL signings and their expected price tags.

List them now. Waiting.

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 02:24 PM
So who are we signing Op ? You should have a long list ready of quality OL signings and their expected price tags.

List them now. Waiting.

I don't know who's available and who's not. I do know if that we don't fix the OL, this team is doomed to fail despite the other moves. And it doesn't matter if it's because the FO didn't try or because they tried and failed or if there were simply no OL's available. The results will be the same.

They are spending money to win now and setting us up for cap problems down the road but are missing a key component to winning.

Night Train
03-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't know who's available and who's not.

I rest my case.

Blind screaming.

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 03:29 PM
I rest my case.

Blind screaming.

It's only blind screaming if you don't care about winning, because we aren't winning without an OL upgrade.

X-Era
03-11-2015, 03:36 PM
We dont care about winning clearly. I mean we could easily be signing Doug Legursky right now. He's out there and a free agent still.

Right now Rhineheart if released would be my target after Evans who also isn't released.

The pool of players never really materialized in numbers that gave us much of a shot.

Night Train
03-11-2015, 06:34 PM
It's only blind screaming if you don't care about winning, because we aren't winning without an OL upgrade.

Give the draft a chance. There are OL answers.

That's all I'm saying. Same goes for TE.

OpIv37
03-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Give the draft a chance. There are OL answers.

That's all I'm saying. Same goes for TE.

With our limited picks, I don't see it happening. They are building a team to win now. We tried to upgrade the OL in the draft last year, and it didn't work. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work this year, but it does mean that maybe the team should consider other options.

YardRat
03-11-2015, 08:19 PM
It could work...

2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St/Tre Jackson,G,Fla St/Spencer Drango,OT,Baylor/Arie Kouandijo, G,Ala
3-Jeff Heuermann,TE,Ohio St/Jarvis Harrison,G,Texas A&M,TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5-Tony Washington,OLB,Oregon/Tyrus Thompson,OT,Okla
6-Kaleb Johnson,G,Rutgers/Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St/Kaleb Eulls, DT,Miss St
6b-Trey DePriest,ILB,Bama/Tyeler Davison,NT,Fresno/Brian Blechen,SS,Utah
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU/Elkino Watson,DT,S.Fla/Taiwan Jones, MLB,Mich St

Still need a vet to replace Chandler now though.

RedEyE
03-12-2015, 04:44 AM
If the Bills land Clay, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Bills entire draft dedicated to OL and DBs.

And I don't think the Bills can properly address the QB position this season. Cassel beat out Bridgewater in training camp last season prior to being hurt early regular season. EJ and Cassel can battle for QB1. If Cassel can stay healthy he should prove as serviceable as Orton. With new better skill players obtained in FA this season, I would hope that will equate to 1-2 more wins which should be enough for a playoff birth.

Hit the draft next season in search of the franchise QB.

X-Era
03-12-2015, 04:47 AM
It could work...

2-Cam Erving,C,Fla St/Tre Jackson,G,Fla St/Spencer Drango,OT,Baylor/Arie Kouandijo, G,Ala
3-Jeff Heuermann,TE,Ohio St/Jarvis Harrison,G,Texas A&M,TJ Yeldon/RB,Ala
5-Tony Washington,OLB,Oregon/Tyrus Thompson,OT,Okla
6-Kaleb Johnson,G,Rutgers/Sean Mannion,QB,Ore St/Kaleb Eulls, DT,Miss St
6b-Trey DePriest,ILB,Bama/Tyeler Davison,NT,Fresno/Brian Blechen,SS,Utah
7-Jemauria Rascu,DE,LSU/Elkino Watson,DT,S.Fla/Taiwan Jones, MLB,Mich St

Still need a vet to replace Chandler now though.

I really like the thought of Saxton. I know we talked about a blocking TE but I'd like a draftee that can be the stud receiving TE. Maybe thats Clay.

I like Tomlinson. And I also want a QB out of this to replace Tuel.