PDA

View Full Version : Draft Has OL Talent

Night Train
03-11-2015, 04:25 AM
I posted back in January that OL help should come in the draft and other positions of need could be filled in FA. It looks like the Bills are thinking the same but could still sign someone. Can't see paying big $ for some very average Guard or Tackle, when some young talented guy with far more upside can be had at the rookie contract rate.

OL needs can be filled in Rounds 2-3 and beyond. I was very impressed with the talent during the Shrine and Senior Bowl practices/games.

Just don't pick Kouandjio's brother from Alabama. Fool us once.

X-Era
03-11-2015, 04:46 AM
I posted back in January that OL help should come in the draft and other positions of need could be filled in FA. It looks like the Bills are thinking the same but could still sign someone. Can't see paying big $ for some very average Guard or Tackle, when some young talented guy with far more upside can be had at the rookie contract rate.

OL needs can be filled in Rounds 2-3 and beyond. I was very impressed with the talent during the Shrine and Senior Bowl practices/games.

Just don't pick Kouandjio's brother from Alabama. Fool us once.I think we had our eyes on Bulaga but he resigned same may be true for Boling.

Now, on day two, there isn't really much out there.

We signed a guy last year and drafted 3 OL and just signed Incognito. It's not like they have ignored the positions completely.

And I agree, we can get help on the OL from the draft still.

Meathead
03-11-2015, 04:50 AM
they must have a plan for the ol we havent seen yet. theyd better

seems like theyre assembling a semi-star studded lineup everywhere except qb and ol. all that talent would go to waste if they have the same at-or-near the bottom of the league oline like they did last season

wmoz11
03-11-2015, 04:55 AM
We drafted guys last year. Let's see if and how they progress this year. Not saying that we don't still need to add some quality, but let's also not pretend that we know exactly what we have from last year; especially with the improvement in line coaching this year with Kromer.

YardRat
03-11-2015, 04:56 AM
I would have liked to bring in at least one starter via FA, and maybe Incognito is that guy...they are putting an awful lot of faith in youth and development for the biggest key to an offense. It's almost as if they have two distinctly different philosophies to acquiring talent...make the bling-bling splash with skill positions (free agency, trades, first round picks) but very under-the-radar, mostly through the draft on days 2 and 3 for the oline.

swiper
03-11-2015, 04:59 AM
Baylor had a consensus All-American in 2013. He was All Big-12 in 2012 & 2013. It was said of him:

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com named him one of college football's “most physical players.”

His name? Cyril Richardson (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223377/article/high-5-rb-todd-gurley-among-cfbs-most-physical-players). We already have him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223377/article/high-5-rb-todd-gurley-among-cfbs-most-physical-players

wmoz11
03-11-2015, 05:02 AM
We know that they know the OL is a problem. There is more than one way to solve that - and they've already added Incognito. There comes a point where you're better off improving via draft than spending valuable cap space on players who may only be marginal upgrades. I still think they make a run at a versatile veteran later in free agency.

Night Train
03-11-2015, 05:04 AM
Baylor had a consensus All-American in 2013. He was All Big-12 in 2012 & 2013. It was said of him:

His name? Cyril Richardson (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223377/article/high-5-rb-todd-gurley-among-cfbs-most-physical-players). We already have him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223377/article/high-5-rb-todd-gurley-among-cfbs-most-physical-players

Agreed that Richardson is the guy who could benefit from this new staff, more than the others. Incognito is on a 1 year deal and they should draft at least 2 OL this spring to make sure they are in good shape going forward.

baalworship
03-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Richardson is a project because he is so inept at pass-protection. Right now this draft is loaded with good lineman that will fall to us at #50. AJ Cann would be nice pick if we fail at getting another guard in FA.

CleveSteve
03-11-2015, 08:17 AM
I think you guys need to worry about DL with one of those first two picks. There aren't going to be many (if any) legitimate options to play a 5T DE at the end of the 5th. I think this draft is deep enough that you can get a pretty good guard or RT in that spot, though. My plan would be go OL and DL in 2 and 3 (order depending on who's available) and come back with another OL in round 5. JMO.

DesertFox24
03-11-2015, 08:26 AM
I honestly think with Incognito, Williams/Urbik (one will be cut0, Cyrus, and Cryil two of those guys will be the starting guards. I expect us to look at tackles in the draft since Hairston and Cryus are moving positions or no longer on team.

better days
03-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Richardson is a project because he is so inept at pass-protection. Right now this draft is loaded with good lineman that will fall to us at #50. AJ Cann would be nice pick if we fail at getting another guard in FA.

As wmoz11 said, Richardson will get better coaching this year.

ParanoidAndroid
03-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Glenn, Woods, Pears and Urbik ALL declined last year. All of them! What does that tell you? It tells me that the Marrone/Hackett protection schemes were dog s***. These same dudes were ranked high in sacks given up when Gailey was here. Run the ball, get the ball out quick and put your guys in good positions. Marrone was a fail in that regard which says a lot because he is an O-line guy. Have fun with that, Jaxonville.

Dr. Who
03-11-2015, 09:02 AM

Just don't pick Kouandjio's brother from Alabama. Fool us once.

I think Wisniewski (sp?) is a free agent worth looking at.