PDA

View Full Version : Marrone did us a huge favor, and thank you CJ!

HHURRICANE
03-11-2015, 05:37 AM
If Marrone doesn't quit, we don't get Roman or Rex. Without Rex we don't keep Hughes. If Spiller takes the 4.5 million a year we offered we don't trade for McCoy. I'm liking the Bills new lucky streak.

BTW, can't see how Spiller gets a better offer.

justasportsfan
03-11-2015, 06:28 AM
We haven't won anything yet

CommissarSpartacus
03-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Did Hughes have something against Schwart2?

better days
03-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Opiv, STOP hijacking justas account.

justasportsfan
03-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Opiv, STOP hijacking justas account.

just keepin it real. Just tryin to temper our expectations.

better days
03-11-2015, 08:26 AM
just keepin it real. Just tryin to temper our expectations.

Well, stop it, that is Opiv's job.

HHURRICANE
03-11-2015, 08:45 AM

Not that I know of.....

He just cited Rex as one of the reasons he wanted to stay.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-11-2015, 10:33 AM

He took a discount to stay, so it seems likely that Rex won him over.

djjimkelly
03-11-2015, 11:44 AM

no but there is true direction for the first time since id hate to say this since mularky

justasportsfan
03-11-2015, 12:23 PM
no but there is true direction for the first time since id hate to say this since mularky

I thought we were headed the right direction when we gave Drew Bledsoe a parade.

jimmifli
03-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Or he knows his likelihood of continuing previous performance levels is much greater here. Signing a big contract and then only getting paid for 2/5 years has some risk. Playing on a totally stacked line for the rest of his career is probably more lucrative.

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I think HH should resume posting negative, doom prediciting threads.

Those work out better the Bills.

Take on for the team, dude

IlluminatusUIUC
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Or he knows his likelihood of continuing previous performance levels is much greater here. Signing a big contract and then only getting paid for 2/5 years has some risk. Playing on a totally stacked line for the rest of his career is probably more lucrative.

No football player should even assume they will get a 3rd contract, let alone turn down money now in the hopes of getting more later. If he plays all five years of his deal here, he'd hit the market again when he'd be going into the season @ 32 and worth much, much less than right now.

better days
03-11-2015, 01:47 PM

Hughes named his teammates & the Bills fans as reasons he wanted to stay as well.

I think Rex is just icing on the cake, that Hughes would have still stayed if Schwartz was still DC as well.

HHURRICANE
03-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Hughes named his teammates & the Bills fans as reasons he wanted to stay as well.

I think Rex is just icing on the cake, that Hughes would have still stayed if Schwartz was still DC as well.

I don't believe that.

stuckincincy
03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
If Marrone doesn't quit, we don't get Roman or Rex. Without Rex we don't keep Hughes. If Spiller takes the 4.5 million a year we offered we don't trade for McCoy. I'm liking the Bills new lucky streak.

BTW, can't see how Spiller gets a better offer.

Marrone did himself a huge favor - 2 years' HC pay and perks, then pocketed $4M by watching the BUF whizz mgt. not blink a whit about the walk-away clause - they and their egos were so sure that he was the guy...

I worry about their current spate of signings - they got skinned by Marrone, got skinned by Orton, got skinned by Fitz...

better days
03-11-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't believe that.

You don't believe what?

That Hughes would have stayed if Schwartz was still DC?

jamze132
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Marrone is now the highest paid O-line coach in the world, lol.

better days
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Marrone did himself a huge favor - 2 years' HC pay and perks, then pocketed $4M by watching the BUF whizz mgt. not blink a whit about the walk-away clause - they and their egos were so sure that he was the guy...

I worry about their current spate of signings - they got skinned by Marrone, got skinned by Orton, got skinned by Fitz...

The walk away clause was put into Marrone's contract because the team was for sale & it was not even a sure thing the team would remain in Buffalo.

I have no problem with the clause or Marrone using it.

At least the Pegula's did not have to pay Marrone $8 Mill to fire him.

And the Bills team is now in good hands with a bright future.