PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Mort May Have Screwed Miami By Announcing The Suh Deal Early

Night Train
03-11-2015, 05:43 AM
Has the same agent and may have leaked inside info too early. Idiot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25101782/report-dolphins-nervous-about-possible-investigation-over-suh-deal

don137
03-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Let's make an example of Miami. Take away a couple draft picks. Funny how they suspend Igcognito and then sign the most questionable character guy in the league to crazy money.

Meathead
03-11-2015, 06:29 AM
good

Mr. Miyagi
03-11-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm as happy about Miami getting screwed as the next guy. But this whole 3 day negotiating but no offers can be made period is total BS.

Saratoga Slim
03-11-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm as happy about Miami getting screwed as the next guy. But this whole 3 day negotiating but no offers can be made period is total BS.

Yeah, basically teams were negotiating with players before FA opened anyway, and the NFL just threw their hands in the air.

Goobylal
03-11-2015, 08:39 AM
If you have the 3-day period, why not let them workout a deal? The player is under no obligation to visit other teams or prolong the process. Take Suh. I'm sure many teams reached out to him and talked numbers. Miami made a ridiculous offer and Florida has no state income tax, so it's a no-brainer for him.

Meathead
03-11-2015, 12:09 PM
kinda super silly

t. so thanks for calling, we are interested in you for our team
p. yeah well me too. if the money is right
t. well we cant officially talk money but how about ten million zebra mussels per year?
p. zebra mussels? wtf you talking about. i want paper
t. no you dont understand, zebra mussels are code for money
p. but i dont like god damned zebra mussels
t. no its not real zebra mussels
p. so you gonna feed me fake zebra mussels now?!?
t. well if youre gonna be a hard shell crab about it ...

jamze132
03-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Players have been negotiating before FA opened in all professional leagues since it all began. Owners have been tampering too. The only way to get a handle on it is to make an example out of any team caught... cough Dolphins, cough Jets.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Players have been negotiating before FA opened in all professional leagues since it all began. Owners have been tampering too. The only way to get a handle on it is to make an example out of any team caught... cough Dolphins, cough Jets.

shoot, you can make the same case with us and Mario. IIRC, how the f*** do you convince the premier defensive talent in his free agent class to get on a plane with your GM, head coach 2 hours after free agency begins if you didn't somehow tamper with him beforehand?

just saying