PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 NFL Draft Is Loaded With Offensive Line Talent

BillsImpossible
03-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Bills fans are probably wondering why Rex Ryan is not flying the Pegulajet to Stefen Wisniewski's doorstep by now.

The draft has a lot of offensive line talent to offer, and one of the player's is Cyrus Kouandjio's brother, Arie Kouandjio.

The Bills offensive line in 2015 will more than likely have at least 1 rookie starting next year.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OG.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OT.php

La'el Collins, Cameron Erving, Arie Kouandjio, D.J. Humphries, and Cedric Ogbuehi give the Bills some potential starting options.

It's been an interesting free agency approach so far with the Bills trying to fill in key skill positions on offense with players like McCoy, Felton, Charles Clay and Percy Harvin.

The Bills scouts seem to be very confident in the players that will be available with their 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

YardRat
03-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Cam Erving has been on my wish list since the end of the year, but he's worked himself into the first round, maybe Top 20.

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Starting 2 rookies not drafted in the 1st round on the OL would be a disaster.

Hopefully a veteran OL gets cut soon.

BertSquirtgum
03-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Starting 2 rookies not drafted in the 1st round on the OL would be a disaster.

Hopefully a veteran OL gets cut soon.

Says you

BillsImpossible
03-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Cam Erving has been on my wish list since the end of the year, but he's worked himself into the first round, maybe Top 20.

Ogbuehi is interesting. Sure top 20 pick, but then he tears his ACL.

ACL injuries aren't what they used to be.

The Bills could take Colllins in the 2nd, and Ogbuehi in the 3rd.

The Jokeman
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Centers rarely go in the top 20, I wager to say he won't go in the top 20 as things stand today. First round still questionable IMO.

YardRat
03-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Centers rarely go in the top 20, I wager to say he won't go in the top 20 as things stand today. First round still questionable IMO.

Top 20 is a reach, but not implausible. I just don't see him making it past the first 32 picks.

CleveSteve
03-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Ogbuehi is interesting. Sure top 20 pick, but then he tears his ACL.

ACL injuries aren't what they used to be.

The Bills could take Colllins in the 2nd, and Ogbuehi in the 3rd.

I think Collins is more likely a top 10 pick than a 2nd round pick. I'm not crazy about Ogbuehi. I think he's overrated personally. Third round starts to make sense to me though.

CleveSteve
03-12-2015, 07:53 AM

Thing is, Erving is one of the best tackles in the draft. He finished the season at center because their center play was terrible and they had a good young tackle they could put in behind him. He was fantastic as a center. But if the Panthers come up at 28 or whatever it is and Collins, Flowers, and Scherff are gone, I just don't see how they pass on Erving to play LT for them. JMO.

OpIv37
03-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Please, not another Kwijibo

Shady25
03-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Shady likes Arie as a guard prospect, he would fit in well next to Wood. However, Tomlinson would fit in better.

psubills62
03-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Bills are apparently "sniffing around" OG Evan Mathis.

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have contacted the Eagles about OG Evan Mathis.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are also believed to be in the running. Both teams have gaping holes at guard, so it's not a surprise. CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills, Vikings and "possibly even Saints" are also "sniffing around" on one of the league's premier guards.

No mention of the Bills, but Joseph Barksdale note

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports free agent OT Joseph Barksdale's market has been "strangely quiet," and that he's yet to take a visit.
Jim Thomas reported Wednesday that the Rams may get Barksdale back "on the rebound." Perhaps this is what the Rams were counting on when they let Barksdale hit the open market, a move that surprised some. Barksdale was the Rams' best lineman last season, and is only 27.

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Bills are apparently "sniffing around" OG Evan Mathis.

No mention of the Bills, but Joseph Barksdale note

I would take them both.

Not sure what the Eagles would want for Mathis. Would a 3rd round pick do it?

cookie G
03-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I would take them both.

Not sure what the Eagles would want for Mathis. Would a 3rd round pick do it?

The Chiefs just gave up a 5th to the Saints for a 32 year old Ben Grubbs. If that's any indication of market price.

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Thing is, Erving is one of the best tackles in the draft. He finished the season at center because their center play was terrible and they had a good young tackle they could put in behind him. He was fantastic as a center. But if the Panthers come up at 28 or whatever it is and Collins, Flowers, and Scherff are gone, I just don't see how they pass on Erving to play LT for them. JMO.

A smart, talented center is important in this era of interior pass rush. NO got a good one in the Graham trade. I liked that trade for NO - cap relief, good OL, a 1st round (albeit late) pick. And I think that Graham's trying to be designated as a WR tossed some poison in the water as far as NO was concerned.

CleveSteve
03-12-2015, 02:22 PM
A smart, talented center is important in this era of interior pass rush. NO got a good one in the Graham trade. I liked that trade for NO - cap relief, good OL, a 1st round (albeit late) pick. And I think that Graham's trying to be designated as a WR tossed some poison in the water as far as NO was concerned.
Completely agree, but good LTs are still harder to find and go earlier in the draft IMO. There are probably 5 guys I would be happy to draft as a starting center this year: Erving, Gallik, Garcia, Day, and maybe Grasu. Four of those guys will be available on day 3. JMO.

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Completely agree, but good LTs are still harder to find and go earlier in the draft IMO. There are probably 5 guys I would be happy to draft as a starting center this year: Erving, Gallik, Garcia, Day, and maybe Grasu. Four of those guys will be available on day 3. JMO.

Any thoughts as to how CLE will go in the 1st with their 2 picks?

CleveSteve
03-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Any thoughts as to how CLE will go in the 1st with their 2 picks?

Well, if they are able to have their choice on the matter, they would really, really hope one of the top 3 WRs makes it down to 12, and then take a DL (they would love Malcom Brown or Danny Shelton I think).

Personally, I don't think any of those five players makes it to those picks, but I would like to see the Browns take Brown at 12. They will take a wideout either at 19 or 43. I'm hoping for Nelson Agholor and/or Rashad Green. The other pick could be a TE. But who knows?

Night Train
03-13-2015, 04:46 AM

Garcia of Florida (Senior Bowl) and B.J. Finney of Kansas St. (Shrine Bowl) stood out in the practices and games in January. Both could start immediately if needed and should be there during Rounds 4-7 on Saturday. Can play both C and OG.