PDA

View Full Version : Did Clay leave Buffalo, where's Harvin?

HHURRICANE
03-12-2015, 07:01 AM
I've seen no updates!

Mr. Pink
03-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Clay apparently is visiting Cleveland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477860/article/visits-tracker-cj-spiller-to-meet-with-saints

Shady25
03-12-2015, 09:20 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477860/article/visits-tracker-cj-spiller-to-meet-with-saints

Shady thinks Buffalo should have Cameron come visit them. Cameron, Fasano, and Graggs is the next best thing to Clay, Fasano, and Graggs.

Ed
03-12-2015, 09:20 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that Harvin is continuing his visit with the Bills today.

Shady25
03-12-2015, 09:22 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that Harvin is continuing his visit with the Bills today.

that is true. confirmed by PFT, and Josina Anderson..

approved by Shady.

elltrain22
03-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Did we even offer him a deal?? WTF

Mahdi
03-12-2015, 09:43 AM
If he left Buffalo for Cleveland most likely they will offer him a better contract. He wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Yasgur's Farm
03-12-2015, 09:53 AM
The report on Tuesday is that Buffalo would have an offer on Thursday (today)... They want to make sure that it's structured to most effectively persuade Miami to go away. The reasons for the Thursday date is threefold IMO...

1) Had to make their signings, restructures, releases
2) Had to negotiate all these intricacies with Clay's team.
3) Had to allow Clay's visit to Browns today without showing their hand.

justasportsfan
03-12-2015, 09:58 AM

The bills sent him to cleveland to check on Johnny football so he can see for himself who will be throwing to him.

USC_Gamecock
03-12-2015, 10:03 AM
The bills sent him to cleveland to check on Johnny football so he can see for himself who will be throwing to him.

And our QB situation is much better? I'm about as optimistic as they come with respect to the 2015 Bills team -- but I'd take Johnny Football in a heart beat over the QB's currently on our roster.

justasportsfan
03-12-2015, 10:08 AM
And our QB situation is much better? I'm about as optimistic as they come with respect to the 2015 Bills team -- but I'd take Johnny Football in a heart beat over the QB's currently on our roster.

Our qbs are not in rehab but yes, our qb situation is slightly better.

BertSquirtgum
03-12-2015, 10:09 AM

No

streetkings01
03-12-2015, 10:11 AM
And our QB situation is much better? I'm about as optimistic as they come with respect to the 2015 Bills team -- but I'd take Johnny Football in a heart beat over the QB's currently on our roster.He was a train wreck this season......his only start he went 10/18 80 yds 2int

EJ Manuel went 18/27 150 yds 2td 0int in his first start..........I'd take EJ over Johnny Football anyday of the week and twice on sunday!

jpdex12
03-12-2015, 10:21 AM
The report on Tuesday is that Buffalo would have an offer on Thursday (today)... They want to make sure that it's structured to most effectively persuade Miami to go away. The reasons for the Thursday date is threefold IMO...

1) Had to make their signings, restructures, releases
2) Had to negotiate all these intricacies with Clay's team.
3) Had to allow Clay's visit to Browns today without showing their hand.Don't forget they probably wanted to see how Miami structured Suh's contract so they knew how much more we had to offer Clay to beat out Miami.

jills
03-12-2015, 10:45 AM
He's going to Cleveland or Miami, seems like we are out of the race.

RedEyE
03-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Clay is looking for the best money. Who cares about Harvin? He adds nothing to the WR squad. He is more than likely being eyed for STs. Not worth the money.

Pinkerton Security
03-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I'd like Clay more than Harvin honestly, I'll be OK with getting both but not sold that Harvin is worth the trouble.

Buffalogic
03-12-2015, 11:47 AM
We will probably get both. This happened with Mario too he was here for 3 days before he signed with pretty minimal news after day 1.

better days
03-12-2015, 11:51 AM

I think that article is not accurate.

For one thing it says Harvin will visit Buffalo.

Well, Harvin has already spent a couple of days in Buffalo.

I see nothing on profootballtalk.com about Clay going to Cleveland.

I think the bills made Clay an offer he is happy with & he cancelled his trip to Cleveland.

Mr. Pink
03-12-2015, 11:54 AM
I think that article is not accurate.

For one thing it says Harvin will visit Buffalo.

Well, Harvin has already spent a couple of days in Buffalo.

I see nothing on profootballtalk.com about Clay going to Cleveland.

I think the bills made Clay an offer he is happy with & he cancelled his trip to Cleveland.

I don't think it matters one way or another as Clay is gonna end up staying in Miami.

better days
03-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I don't think it matters one way or another as Clay is gonna end up staying in Miami.

We will find out in about 5 days.

But if Clay stays in Miami, it is going to COST them.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Percy Harvin may have issues, and I'm not exactly a fan of him as a person, but there's no denying his speed and play making ability. Imagine that type of speed on offense with Watkins, Harvin and Mccoy.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Also, take it for what it's worth, but I have a friend who works for ESPN who thinks that Harvin to Buffalo is very likely. His words were "100% happening." Again, take it for what it's worth. It might just be water cooler talk for all I know

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure why they are pursuing Harvin. He's been a dud with MIN, SEA, NYJ.

Mahdi
03-12-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure why they are pursuing Harvin. He's been a dud with MIN, SEA, NYJ.

He was good in MIN. Which is why Seattle paid a 1st rounder for him.

He was actually good in the second half of the season for the Jets too. But they're offense was a disaster. Really, the only place he didn't look like a playmaker was in Seattle and he was injured (hip) the whole time.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2015, 02:02 PM
He did have two rushes for 45 yards and a 87 yard kick return in the Super Bowl. He was showing flashes of some play making ability with seattle early in the year before he was traded. But he also had injuries and they weren't really using him the best way. I remember the game they had against Washington the most where it looked like he was a hair away from breaking it every time

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 02:07 PM
He did have two rushes for 45 yards and a 87 yard kick return in the Super Bowl. He was showing flashes of some play making ability with seattle early in the year before he was traded. But he also had injuries and they weren't really using him the best way. I remember the game they had against Washington the most where it looked like he was a hair away from breaking it every time

Well, several years ago, BUF dumped a bundle of $ on a player named Brad Smith - that all-purpose thing was touted.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Well, several years ago, BUF dumped a bundle of $ on a player named Brad Smith - that all-purpose thing was touted.

True but I wouldn't exactly put their skills at the same level. Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he sure can make some plays. Woods dropped some crucial balls last year. I still love Woods, but Harvin in the slot would be a serious weapon if we are really trying to take the offense to the next level

stuckincincy
03-12-2015, 02:15 PM
True but I wouldn't exactly put their skills at the same level. Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he sure can make some plays. Woods dropped some crucial balls last year. I still love Woods, but Harvin in the slot would be a serious weapon if we are really trying to take the offense to the next level

I suppose it will come down to a question of price. I'd think that Goodwin would be shown the gate if they ink Harvin.

casdhf
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Can Harvin block?

Mahdi
03-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Can Harvin block?

Pretty sure he is considered a good blocker for a WR.

The last buffalo fan
03-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Can Harvin block?

Kiko says .... Shady says si, I meant.

Jaybird
03-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Any additional news on harvin?

The Jokeman
03-12-2015, 09:48 PM
We will probably get both. This happened with Mario too he was here for 3 days before he signed with pretty minimal news after day 1.

Unless Clay signs elsewhere so far we've signed every UFA we've brought in for a looksy. So odds are we will get Clay. I'm not sure about Harvin though as while he's a good player am not sure he fits well especially if he isn't looking to be a gadget guy anymore as right now he'd be our 3rd WR and can't imagine not using him on runs etc. since he'd be just a depth guy.

better days
03-12-2015, 10:04 PM
I suppose it will come down to a question of price. I'd think that Goodwin would be shown the gate if they ink Harvin.

Maybe so, but Goodwin is cheap to keep.

BertSquirtgum
03-12-2015, 10:32 PM

Goodwin shouldn't be on an nfl roster.

psubills62
03-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Per PFT, Harvin is deciding whether to sign with Buffalo or take more visits.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/percy-harvin-plans-his-next-move/

stuckincincy
03-13-2015, 09:32 AM

Indeed he is.

better days
03-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Goodwin shouldn't be on an nfl roster.

Marrone has nothing better to do with his time than post on message boards anymore

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Brad Smith and Percy Harvin aren't in the same universe......

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2015, 10:29 AM

They are completely different players.

Goodwin is a one trick pony as a straight line speed threat.

Harvin is a threat on short passes, elusiveness, even can run out of the backfield.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Marrone has nothing better to do with his time than post on message boards anymore

Really? Marrone is the one who drafted him fool.

better days
03-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Really? Marrone is the one who drafted him fool.

You are the fool.

Whaley drafted Goodwin, not Marrone.

Marrone did not draft anyone.

Marrone on the other hand did refuse to play Goodwin along with Mike Williams.

wolfpack
03-13-2015, 01:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2198669056/IMG00174_bigger.jpg Alex Marvez ‏<s>@</s>alexmarvez (https://twitter.com/alexmarvez) <small class="time"> 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/576457231027314688) </small>

Source tells <s>@</s>NFLonFOX (https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX) that <s>@</s>buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills) working toward striking deal with WR Percy Harvin

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
You are the fool.

Whaley drafted Goodwin, not Marrone.

Marrone did not draft anyone.

Marrone on the other hand did refuse to play Goodwin along with Mike Williams.

Yepp. The head coach had no input on the players being drafted. Do you remember Goodwin starting over a much better player named Mike Williams? Yepp. I'm the idiot.