PDA

View Full Version : I cant see Brees staying

Cali512
03-13-2015, 12:34 AM
He's basically in a no win situation. His team is in rebuild mode, his weapons and blockers are being shipped off and if he waits till next year, teams like Ny, buffalo, Arizona, are probably going to look for a young QB next offseason since they have stop gap QBs already. Denver could get desperate and get Brees if Manning retires but his options are majorilly limited and injury concerns could come back if his line is dismantled. I for one would give our first next year since Brees is good for a good 2-3 years.

Meathead
03-13-2015, 03:52 AM
but how could he possibly live on just twenty million

Jaybird
03-13-2015, 05:51 AM
I think we Need to figure out a way to get brews to buffalo. It would take contract restructuring to fit his cap hit and probably redo his contract to give him more bonus. I would give out second this season and a later round pick next season. He is still an elite qb. The bills would be a top team in the league withy our current weapons on offence and nasty D

Historian
03-13-2015, 05:57 AM
I think we Need to figure out a way to get brews to buffalo.

I agree.

More beer!!!!

better days
03-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Well, I can't see Brees leaving the Saints.

Who would the Saints replace him with?

And how would the Saints be able to sell that to the fans?

The Stadium would be EMPTY.

better days
03-13-2015, 06:25 AM
And the situation in N.O. is CRAZY.

His children are trying to have the Saints owner, 87 year old Tom Benson, declared mentally incompetent because he changed his will, naming his now wife as the heir to his estate & cutting out his children.

Thank God we didn't have to go through this in Buffalo with Ralph.

USC_Gamecock
03-13-2015, 06:33 AM
And the situation in N.O. is CRAZY.

His children are trying to have the Saints owner, 87 year old Tom Benson, declared mentally incompetent because he changed his will, naming his now wife as the heir to his estate & cutting out his children.

Thank God we didn't have to go through this in Buffalo with Ralph.

I hope you're being facetious ....

better days
03-13-2015, 06:50 AM

No I'm not.

We had to go through an ordeal when Ralph died, but it was a fairly smooth transition from the Wilson to the Pagula family.

It is going to be a LONG drawn out HOT MESS in New Orleans before that team has stable ownership again.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Brees doesn't have a choice and The Saints asking price is probably going to be a first round pick, players, and possibly more picks.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2015, 06:54 AM

Ralph didn't write his kids out of his will for some gold digging floozy. Ralph ensured the Bills would stay in Buffalo.

I really don't know what else you wanted the guy to do. His situation is nowhere near the same as the one in New Orleans.

wolfpack
03-13-2015, 06:54 AM
but how could he possibly live on just twenty million

"Sure, we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot, too.". - Patrick Ewing

Don't Panic
03-13-2015, 07:01 AM
A 2nd this year and a 1st next year is as high as I'd go. They can have our 1st from 2013 as well.

better days
03-13-2015, 07:05 AM
A 2nd this year and a 1st next year is as high as I'd go. They can have our 1st from 2013 as well.

And then you would pay Brees $20 Mill per year on top of that.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Brees is still a good QB, but he is not $20 Mill good.

trapezeus
03-13-2015, 07:36 AM
would you have let kelly go for a 2nd round pick and next year's plus a wide out in 1994/95? you would have considered that highway robbery.

Brees is structured to be in NO until the end of his career, or the team will cut him if he doesn't restructure.

if the latter occurs, we can have him for a lower contract and give up nothing. I'd do that.

but i am not keen on giving up picks for a team that still needs to get to the playoffs. if we were already a playoff team that showed some promise, i'd say go all in and win now. but we don't really know what we have. just adding expensive pieces doesn't necessarily matter.

WagonCircler
03-13-2015, 10:06 AM
This team with Brees and some good luck in the draft for OL, could be a legit Super Bowl contender, and would be well worth giving up next year's #1 for.

That being said, I don't think there's any way the Saints let him go for that little.

better days
03-13-2015, 10:13 AM
This team with Brees and some good luck in the draft for OL, could be a legit Super Bowl contender, and would be well worth giving up next year's #1 for.

That being said, I don't think there's any way the Saints let him go for that little.

The $20 Mill Brees wants per year would bother me much more than any draft picks.

$20 Mill would have a serious impact on the salary cap & Brees had little impact on the Saints winning last year.

WagonCircler
03-13-2015, 10:47 AM
The $20 Mill Brees wants per year would bother me much more than any draft picks.

$20 Mill would have a serious impact on the salary cap & Brees had little impact on the Saints winning last year.

I think there are creative ways to restructure that salary. It would be worth every penny.

better days
03-13-2015, 10:54 AM
I think there are creative ways to restructure that salary. It would be worth every penny.

You don't know that it would be worth that money.

How many times do I have to say it?

7-9 in the NFC South.

What makes you think Brees would do any better than that in the AFC East?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Brees' dead cap number this year is over $33 million. Trading him would give them over 1/3rd of their cap in dead money. I was for it before they choked on 20 million of dead money from graham grubbs and Lofton, but they can't possibly do it now. Next year however....

Don't Panic
03-13-2015, 01:59 PM
And then you would pay Brees $20 Mill per year on top of that.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Brees is still a good QB, but he is not $20 Mill good.

If you want to get the cap number down then extend him. If they extended him 2 years at $25 million, the cap number drops under $20 million. There may be a dead cap year down the road, but we'd get three good years before then... three shots at a Super Bowl.

Don't Panic
03-13-2015, 02:00 PM
You don't know that it would be worth that money.

How many times do I have to say it?

7-9 in the NFC South.

What makes you think Brees would do any better than that in the AFC East?

So Brees played defense for them too?

BillsImpossible
03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I can't see Brees staying either. He's not stupid. The Saints are going nowhere for at least the next 2 years.

Why continue to play for an organisation with a window that has closed?

Makes no sense at all for Brees to stay in New Orleans if he wants to win another Super Bowl and finish his career on a high note.

Makes no sense at all for the Bills to add so much expensive furniture and 60 inch flat screen TV's without the big house too.

Seriously, why bother to sign Harvin, McCoy, Hughes, Felton and possibly Clay if the Bills didn't have plans to give them the best chance to win?

I have a feeling that the Bills are at least going to make a play on Brees.

Rex's brother, Rob Ryan is the DC of the Saints. Hopefully he can convince Brees that it's not in his best interest to stay in New Orleans.

WagonCircler
03-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Rex's brother, Rob Ryan is the DC of the Saints. Hopefully he can convince Brees that it's not in his best interest to stay in New Orleans.

That would be insane on Rob's part. Possibly risking his career.

However, he could be a source of information, i.e., if it's known in the Saints organization and wants out, I could see Rob sharing that with Rex.

better days
03-13-2015, 11:19 PM
So Brees played defense for them too?

Did Manning or Brady play defense for their teams?

BOTH of them would have won the NFC South if they were the Saints QB.

The Panthers WON the division at 7-8-1!

Brees was not even a .500% QB! 7-9 in the NFC South is NOT a $20 Mill per year QB!!!!!!!!!!!