PDA

View Full Version : Source: Chandler to Patriots

Sportsuser101
03-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Per Shefter

Joe Fo Sho
03-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Figures.

It seemed like Chandler always had his best games against New England for some reason.

jpdex12
03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Now he can drop big third down catches for them!

casdhf
03-13-2015, 12:32 PM
And follow it up by catching a 4th and 20. We are going to miss this guy, believe it or not.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2015, 12:33 PM
And follow it up by catching a 4th and 20. We are going to miss this guy, believe it or not.

IF we get Clay, no we will not miss him. I love how people hated on Stevie for being inconsistent yet Chandler is one of the most inconsistent players we've had in the last 5 years.

justasportsfan
03-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Chandler on one side and Gronk on the other. Who are our safeties going to cover?

Joe Fo Sho
03-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Chandler on one side and Gronk on the other. Who are our safeties going to cover?

HAHAHA

Strongman
03-13-2015, 12:53 PM
He's actually a good fit for the Patriots since they aren't going to try and use him as a #1 like we were.

better days
03-13-2015, 12:54 PM
He's actually a good fit for the Patriots since they aren't going to try and use him as a #1 like we were.

Yeah, Chandler will be a good #3 TE for the Pats*

Mahdi
03-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Chandler is actually a great add for the Pats and will be tough to cover. Brady is accurate. Chandler is a big guy and makes tough catches.

better days
03-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Chandler is actually a great add for the Pats and will be tough to cover. Brady is accurate. Chandler is a big guy and makes tough catches.

And he drops the EASY catches.

Strongman
03-13-2015, 01:00 PM

It will be interesting to see if he stops fumbling while on the Pats*.

paladin warrior
03-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Aaawww- f.c.k. .,Why he do that. .He should a other team . Not with Cheater (2) Patriot.

better days
03-13-2015, 01:13 PM

And for such a BIG Guy, you would think he would be able to block.

USC_Gamecock
03-13-2015, 01:17 PM
That sucks -- Chandler made more big plays than bad plays for the Bills.

better days
03-13-2015, 01:22 PM
That sucks -- Chandler made more big plays than bad plays for the Bills.

I liked Chandler, he did make some big plays for the Bills.

But his bad plays came at critical times. The Bills would have won over the Chiefs a couple years ago if Chandler did not drop an easy catch.

Thurmal
03-13-2015, 01:36 PM
I'll bet Chandler flourishes in an offense that knows how to use him. I'll put the O/U on his TDs at 7.

justasportsfan
03-13-2015, 01:51 PM

oh you're just being a homer. He catches more than he drops. The Pats have another 6'9 weapon in the endzone.

Maybe Robey and his 5'8 stature can cover a 6'9" whiteboy.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2015, 01:58 PM
It will be interesting to see if he stops fumbling while on the Pats*.

If only the Pats had some method for making the footballs easier to catch and harder to fumble...

:rofl:

Strongman
03-13-2015, 01:59 PM
I doubt he'll be on the field much.

Strongman
03-13-2015, 02:01 PM
If only the Pats had some method for making the footballs easier to catch and harder to fumble...

:rofl:

Yep, that why it will be interesting to watch. His fumble rate is about 1 out of 49 times he gets the ball. Someone like Antonio Gates is closer to 1 out of 113.

RedEyE
03-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Hate this. He is an above average TE that instantly gets better being in Belicheats system.

YardRat
03-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Balls.

The Jokeman
03-13-2015, 04:38 PM
I had a feeling the Patriots would pursue him. Now there's talk they are looking at Stevie Johnson.

Strongman
03-13-2015, 04:42 PM
I had a feeling the Patriots would pursue him. Now there's talk they are looking at Stevie Johnson.

With is unconventional route running, I don't see how he would be a good fit for them. He'd give Marsha fits.

The Jokeman
03-13-2015, 04:44 PM
With is unconventional route running, I don't see how he would be a good fit for them. He'd give Marsha fits.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to figure a way to get Stevie the ball am sure Marsha could too.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2015, 05:56 AM

This might be your best post with such few words.

A lot of hate for a guy who made some big catches and played hard.

As it stands right now I don't see a TE better on our roster.

better days
03-14-2015, 08:30 AM
So far it looks like Chandler is the Pats* big signing of the offseason.

I am fine with that. At least Chandler knows nothing about the offense to tell the CHEATERS.

The Bills, Fins & Jets all made improvements to their team.

The Pats* lost Revis but signed Chandler.

chris66
03-14-2015, 08:45 AM

As long as he gets to his spot when he is suppose to Brady will like him just fine. I just dont think that the Pats need another slot receiver

Strongman
03-14-2015, 06:44 PM
As long as he gets to his spot when he is suppose to Brady will like him just fine. I just dont think that the Pats need another slot receiver

The where and when is the problem. I can't stand Brady or the Cheats, but I do have to admit part of what makes their offense efficient is the precision and timing of it (i.e. Brady takes 5 steps backs and throws). I've seen a few games where Cry-Brady was having a fit because his receivers weren't in exactly the right spot. That's not Stevie's strong suit.

Stevie is somewhat of a primodonna, so I don't think he and Brady will ever see eye-to-eye. The more I think about it, I kind of hope he signs.

better days
03-15-2015, 09:04 AM
The where and when is the problem. I can't stand Brady or the Cheats, but I do have to admit part of what makes their offense efficient is the precision and timing of it (i.e. Brady takes 5 steps backs and throws). I've seen a few games where Cry-Brady was having a fit because his receivers weren't in exactly the right spot. That's not Stevie's strong suit.

Stevie is somewhat of a primodonna, so I don't think he and Brady will ever see eye-to-eye. The more I think about it, I kind of hope he signs.

I would rather see Stevie sign with the Pats* than the Jets.

Strongman
03-15-2015, 02:12 PM
I would rather see Stevie sign with the Pats* than the Jets.

I agree. Stevie and Fitz do have a little chemistry together and can be dangerous at times.

swiper
06-06-2015, 06:56 PM
—Former Bills tight end Scott Chandler has been working with fellow TE Rob Gronkowski and QB Tom Brady on combination routes in the red zone, and Reiss calls them the “Twin Towers,” saying the plan could be for the 6-7 Chandler and 6-6 Gronk to create matchup problems for opponents in the red zone.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I wish Chandler best of luck in his career. Just not when he plays against us. He was always a good Buffalo guy.

https://vine.co/v/O1ghXp73QQn

BertSquirtgum
06-07-2015, 02:18 AM
I wish him the worst

Night Train
06-07-2015, 05:35 AM
I'm glad the Bills decided to upgrade the TE position with Clay and O'Leary.

Respect the Pats but no longer fear them. Bring them on.

HHURRICANE
06-07-2015, 06:50 AM
I'll bet anyone that Chandler will be terrific in New England. This sucks because we elected to get rid of him.

better days
06-07-2015, 08:01 AM
And Stevie signed with the Chargers.

Goobylal
06-07-2015, 06:49 PM
I'll bet anyone that Chandler will be terrific in New England. This sucks because we elected to get rid of him.
Define "terrific." As in stats.

Mace
06-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Define "terrific." As in stats.

I'm with you on this one.

YardRat
06-07-2015, 07:27 PM
I bet he has his best year, which would be more than 53 catches, 655 yards and 6 TD's.

Mace
06-07-2015, 08:00 PM
I'll bet you !

YardRat
06-07-2015, 08:50 PM
I'll bet you !

OK. What are the stakes?

better days
06-07-2015, 09:37 PM
I bet he has his best year, which would be more than 53 catches, 655 yards and 6 TD's.

I read the Pats* are going to use Gronk & Chandler together in the Red Zone.

They are calling it the twin towers.

I think they could have success with that against a lot of teams.

But I think Rex will have a defense for it.

BertSquirtgum
06-07-2015, 11:19 PM
I hope Chandler and Gronkowski run into each other going over the middle and tear each other's ACLs.

Jimkelly12203
06-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Chandler had some extreme moments here (good and bad). What drove me crazy was not the drops, but the plays where he would catch the ball in stride for a huge 3rd and long conversion only to fumble it up the field after getting 5+ YAC. The guy was the absolute master of that maddening play. Overall, however, I have to admit that he was a net positive for the team. Not by much but a net positive. Now that he's with the cheaters you can bet your ass he's going to be 100% more effective and drive us crazy.

Joe Fo Sho
06-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Chandler had some extreme moments here (good and bad). What drove me crazy was not the drops, but the plays where he would catch the ball in stride for a huge 3rd and long conversion only to fumble it up the field after getting 5+ YAC. The guy was the absolute master of that maddening play. Overall, however, I have to admit that he was a net positive for the team. Not by much but a net positive. Now that he's with the cheaters you can bet your ass he's going to be 100% more effective and drive us crazy.

Good thing he went to the only team in the NFL that coaches their players to hold on to the football, that should help him with the drops/fumbles. Unless Belichick doesn't coach his players to do that this year, I guess we'll see.

Jimkelly12203
06-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Good thing he went to the only team in the NFL that coaches their players to hold on to the football, that should help him with the drops/fumbles. Unless Belichick doesn't coach his players to do that this year, I guess we'll see.
I heard that Patriots won't be emphasizing ball control this year nearly as much as they have in years past...

chernobylwraiths
06-08-2015, 09:42 AM
"twin towers?" Are there any good linebackers of Saudi decent in the league?

Goobylal
06-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I'll bet you !
I'll also take that bet.

better days
06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Chandler had some extreme moments here (good and bad). Now that he's with the cheaters you can bet your ass he's going to be 100% more effective and drive us crazy.

Either that or he will drive Belicheat crazy with his fumbles.

YardRat
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM

I'll bet you !

OK. What are the stakes?

I'll also take that bet.

Loser(s) sport a Patriot logo as their avatar for the month of January?

Jimkelly12203
06-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Either that or he will drive Belicheat crazy with his fumbles.
agreed. here's hoping.

better days
06-08-2015, 01:48 PM

IMO, It should be a mock of a Patriot logo, like them choking or holding a camera.

YardRat
06-08-2015, 02:29 PM
IMO, It should be a mock of a Patriot logo, like them choking or holding a camera.

Nah, that would be harmless. It has to be a little bit painful.

Goobylal
06-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Fair enough.

WagonCircler
06-08-2015, 03:51 PM
"twin towers?" Are there any good linebackers of Saudi decent in the league?

Not funny.

Not now, not ****ing ever.

trapezeus
06-08-2015, 04:10 PM
watch out for the angry conservatives!!

with chandler not getting the benefit of deflated footballs, i suspect he'll have the same issues. it always seems to be a head game with him. when you absolutely need him, he's good for about 30% of the time to do the thing you need him to do. otherwise its drops and fumbles.

Mace
06-08-2015, 05:12 PM

Deal.

WagonCircler
06-09-2015, 12:27 AM
watch out for the angry conservatives!!.

Seriously? You're fine with jokes about that day when 3,000 innocent people were incinerated? That makes you an *******.

Wait, let me guess...you think they deserved it.

Got any Holocaust jokes? Maybe a funny plane crash anecdote? A humorous ditty about a dead soldier's funeral?

Wow.

Just..

...wow.

ParanoidAndroid
06-09-2015, 07:12 AM
Seriously? You're fine with jokes about that day when 3,000 innocent people were incinerated? That makes you an *******.

Got any Holocaust jokes? Maybe a funny plane crash anecdote? A humorous ditty about a dead soldier's funeral?

Wow.

Just..

...wow.

I know. Political correctness, please. We don't want to hurt any one's feelings. The context of the conversation doesn't matter, either.

WagonCircler
06-09-2015, 08:54 AM
I know. Political correctness, please. We don't want to hurt any one's feelings. The context of the conversation doesn't matter, either.

Political correctness???? Are you ****ing serious?

Tell me what context that jokes about 3,000 innocent people being murdered are ok?

Ever seen the still photos of people leaping out of the windows to their deaths? FUNNY STUFF!!!!

Wow, you're an piece of sh it.

Goobylal
06-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Tell me what context that jokes about 3,000 innocent people being murdered are ok?

Ever seen the still photos of people leaping out of the windows to their deaths? FUNNY STUFF!!!!

"Political correctness" only enters into this is you're a Muslim who had no problem/liked what happened with 9/11. And if that's the case, **** you.

trapezeus
06-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Wow.

Just..

...wow.

it happened 15 years ago. it was a joke. you are the same guy who's going to be angry the world is getting too pc.

i lived with the aftermath of 9/11. i worked a block from it and through the clean up. a throw away joke doesn't hurt anyone.

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:21 AM
"Political correctness" only enters into this is you're a Muslim who had no problem/liked what happened with 9/11. And if that's the case, **** you.

This comment make you look like a fool and an idiot (again). It's a common theme for you.

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:22 AM
it happened 15 years ago. it was a joke. you are the same guy who's going to be angry the world is getting too pc.

i lived with the aftermath of 9/11. i worked a block from it and through the clean up. a throw away joke doesn't hurt anyone.

It shows a lack of class. Perhaps if you worked one block over we all would have to suffer from the classless jokes.

trapezeus
06-09-2015, 11:25 AM
It shows a lack of class. Perhaps if you worked one block over we all would have to suffer from the classless jokes.

so its not funny that the guy simply made a reference to it, but its cool to wish a posting member to have died.

you three really have some standards, don't you?

i'll just keep my eye out for the three of you to get "class"

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:28 AM
so its not funny that the guy simply made a reference to it, but its cool to wish a posting member to have died.

you three really have some standards, don't you?

i'll just keep my eye out for the three of you to get "class"

I said that as you joked about it - which is clearly more than just a reference. It's classless.

When I met my wife she was working on Rector Street. I guess that's about 2 blocks away.

Proximity doesn't allow you to be an ass - as you were.

trapezeus
06-09-2015, 11:30 AM
i already agreed to defer to your wisdom from here on out swiper. what more do you want?
you know class, and i don't know humor when i see it.

just let me know when you and wagon hold your classes so that i can be as enlightened as you two.

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:33 AM
You have a ways to go.

trapezeus
06-09-2015, 11:35 AM
You have a ways to go.

One can only hope.

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:38 AM
We are all learning every day.

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I do know a couple holocaust jokes FYI.

But that must mean I condoned it.

ParanoidAndroid
06-09-2015, 11:43 AM

This truly is all about your feelings. Your response is strictly derived from how you personally feel about this topic. I personally don't care about your feelings. Neither do I care about your opinions about the material of which I am made. It was a joke about a football topic. If you found that offensive, I think you need a few more layers of skin. A while ago, I found it distasteful that someone would joke about blowing their own head off. That was because my brother took his own life in that very way. There is even an emoticon you can post that depicts that very thing. Then I realized that something like that, in jest, is just that. It is not meant to disparage the memory of those lost. It's just an innocent joke. Context and perspective.... get some.

Goobylal
06-09-2015, 11:51 AM
This comment make you look like a fool and an idiot (again). It's a common theme for you.
Coming from a cretin like you...yawn.

ParanoidAndroid
06-09-2015, 11:53 AM

I decided a while ago to stop replying to his posts. His thoughts have all the depth of the kiddie pool.

Goobylal
06-09-2015, 12:25 PM
I decided a while ago to stop replying to his posts. His thoughts have all the depth of the kiddie pool.
That's all I need for the likes of you.

WagonCircler
06-09-2015, 06:31 PM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/09/11/1226717/186118-5da47f9e-1aa9-11e3-b47b-9923c5873ce4.jpg

Pretty ****ing hilarious stuff, huh?

What a bunch of *******s.

BillsImpossible
06-09-2015, 07:09 PM
And these are, "The Days of Our Lives."

Never thought a thread about Scott Chandler going to the Patsies would ever invoke such drama.

YardRat
06-09-2015, 07:18 PM
And these are, "The Days of Our Lives."

Never thought a thread about Scott Chandler going to the Patsies would ever invoke such drama.

I got a couple of early wagers out of it. I'm happy.

Mace
06-09-2015, 07:38 PM
I got a couple of early wagers out of it. I'm happy.

Me too, though I'll feel bad I have to make you have a Pats logo for a month. Well not that bad. But sort of bad...in some sense, if not really overcome with angst, but slightly sympathetic, if smug, but not too smug being slightly sympathetic.

BillsImpossible
06-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Me too, though I'll feel bad I have to make you have a Pats logo for a month. Well not that bad. But sort of bad...in some sense, if not really overcome with angst, but slightly sympathetic, if smug, but not too smug being slightly sympathetic.

lol

IlluminatusUIUC
06-09-2015, 09:30 PM

I'll bet you !

OK. What are the stakes?

The lawyer in me thinks you should define terms. Does he have to hit all three of those targets to win? Or does a 50 catch, 600 yd, 10 TD year do it?

Goobylal
06-09-2015, 09:40 PM
He has to top all 3.

BertSquirtgum
06-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Chandler is an average catcher and a ****ty blocker. Good riddance.

ParanoidAndroid
06-09-2015, 11:09 PM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/09/11/1226717/186118-5da47f9e-1aa9-11e3-b47b-9923c5873ce4.jpg

Pretty ****ing hilarious stuff, huh?

What a bunch of *******s.

You might need therapy.

Mace
06-10-2015, 04:47 PM
The lawyer in me thinks you should define terms. Does he have to hit all three of those targets to win? Or does a 50 catch, 600 yd, 10 TD year do it?

Well I don't think he'll top 53 catches, 655 yards or 6 td's so I'm feeling pretty comfortable.

YardRat
06-10-2015, 07:37 PM

WHEREAS, based on an amicable mutual agreement between the parties involved (YardRat, henceforth referred to as 'The Man', and Mace and Goobylal, henceforth referred to as 'Suckers'), and

PURSUANT to, but not limited to, the accepted general conditions of message board friendly wagering,

NOW, THEREFORE,

BE IT RESOLVED, by general consensus of all parties involved, the terms of the wager are as follows:

Condition 1. The subject of the wager must exceed the following statistical benchmarks in the 2015 regular season...
A. A reception total exceeding 53 (fifty-three).
B. A yardage gained total (relative to the aforementioned receptions in 1.A.) exceeding 655 (six hundred fifty-five).
C. A touchdown's scored total exceeding 6 (six).

Condition 2. The loser of the wager will have to publicly display, for the entire month of January, 2016, a standard New England Patriots logo as their personal avatar.

This resolution is effectively immediately and shall be placed in the 'official minutes' of the BillsZone archives as an official action of the participating members.

Mace
06-10-2015, 08:23 PM
WHEREAS, based on an amicable mutual agreement between the parties involved (YardRat, henceforth referred to as 'The Man', and Mace and Goobylal, henceforth referred to as 'Suckers'), and

PURSUANT to, but not limited to, the accepted general conditions of message board friendly wagering,

NOW, THEREFORE,

BE IT RESOLVED, by general consensus of all parties involved, the terms of the wager are as follows:

Condition 1. The subject of the wager must exceed the following statistical benchmarks in the 2015 regular season...
A. A reception total exceeding 53 (fifty-three).
B. A yardage gained total (relative to the aforementioned receptions in 1.A.) exceeding 655 (six hundred fifty-five).
C. A touchdown's scored total exceeding 6 (six).

Condition 2. The loser of the wager will have to publicly display, for the entire month of January, 2016, a standard New England Patriots logo as their personal avatar.

This resolution is effectively immediately and shall be placed in the 'official minutes' of the BillsZone archives as an official action of the participating members.

Oh sure, get verbose to show off, Pats logo 1/2016 guy.

I prefer not to get wordy because I just said I prefer not to get wordy just now and I don't want to contradict myself at this point in the offseason though I'll lie freely later about other things I allegedly said but didn't bet on until someone confronts me with links to what I supposedly said, in which case I'll make something up having no ethics or morals. This one though, you'll be sorry about because I remember saying it atm and it is a matter of record atm.