• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfpack
    • Aug 2008

Why not Jermaine Gresham?

Vic Tafur @VicTafur · 30m 30 minutes ago

Sources also say that after a long courtship, talks between #Raiders and TE Jermaine Gresham “are dead for now”
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why not Jermaine Gresham?

The penalties of Lee Smith and the drops of Scott Chandler. Perfect!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

gresham is more of a complete Te. good blocker. but not an impressive run after the catch guy.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Not a great receiver in terms of getting open

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
          Not a great receiver in terms of getting open
          He's had four seasons of over 50 catches and a fifth with 46. He isn't a dynamic runner after the catch guy but he's still a guy who can move the chains for you in a dink and dunk offense. He's also shown at times he's good in the redzone. I liked the idea of pairing him with Chandler if we weren't able to nab Cameron or Clay so I say kick the tires and see what kind of deal he looking for.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            He's had four seasons of over 50 catches and a fifth with 46. He isn't a dynamic runner after the catch guy but he's still a guy who can move the chains for you in a dink and dunk offense. He's also shown at times he's good in the redzone. I liked the idea of pairing him with Chandler if we weren't able to nab Cameron or Clay so I say kick the tires and see what kind of deal he looking for.
            Didn't realize he had those numbers of receptions. However the Bills are looking for a guy that is particularly good at getting open in the short areas.

It's a copy of the NE system. Which is why we grabbed Harvin (ala Edelman).

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

He was a #18 first round pick. High penalties, low receptions, hands of iron at the most inopportune times. Gets into funks. You never know when he claims injury and sits out. When the money is on the line, comes up small. Very slow-footed...he had two catches over 20 yards last season - 23 was the longest. Adequate blocker, when he doesn't draw a flag. This with a club due to injuries, had only two TEs after game 1 last season...him and a rookie H-back manning the TE spot. He did not elevate his game. After his iron-hand performance in CIN's 2013 game, claimed he couldn't go in the 2014 playoff game. A club with zero receiver starters, 1 reserve, and him.

I doubt any players on the CIN club is sad that he didn't get renewed.

Perhaps he will thrive in a new venue - dunno. Bon apetit.
              Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-13-2015, 03:18 PM.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

There has to be something going on with tight end. We can't possibly roll with what we have on roster. Maybe they like someone in the draft?

Comment

• GvilleBills
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  He was a #18 first round pick. High penalties, low receptions, hands of iron at the most inopportune times. Gets into funks. You never know when he claims injury and sits out. When the money is on the line, comes up small. Very slow-footed...he had two catches over 20 yards last season - 23 was the longest. Adequate blocker, when he doesn't draw a flag. This with a club due to injuries, had only two TEs after game 1 last season...him and a rookie H-back manning the TE spot. He did not elevate his game. After his iron-hand performance in CIN's 2013 game, claimed he couldn't go in the 2014 playoff game. A club with zero receiver starters, 1 reserve, and him.

I doubt any players on the CIN club is sad that he didn't get renewed.

Perhaps he will thrive in a new venue - dunno. Bon apetit.

Ouch.
                  There it is folks, I'm out. I don't watch a great deal of Bengal games, so I defer to SiC on things 'Natti related.
                  Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• wolfpack
                    • Aug 2008

The Buffalo News reports the Bills were interested in signing free agent Jermaine Gresham in addition to Charles Clay.
                    Buffalo backed off after it was revealed Gresham needed surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back on Thursday. Gresham and Clay are two different tight ends; Gresham is more of an end-of-the-line blocker, while Clay is a finesse "move" player. The Bills are trying to surround Matt Cassel with as much talent possible. Gresham has also drawn interest from the Raiders. Mar 20 - 11:33 AM
                    Source: Buffalo News

Comment

• GreedoII
                      • Aug 2007

I say go for it...after Clay it's still nobody

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

I'm waiting for the "Clay > Gresham" - but if Gresham has a neck/back thing that drove the Raiders off, then it is so.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          I'm waiting for the "Clay > Gresham" - but if Gresham has a neck/back thing that drove the Raiders off, then it is so.
                          Gresham had surgery last week for a herniated disc in his back.

Comment

• elroy16
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by Swiper View Post

Considering NFL players voted Clay the 89th best player in the league and Gresham wasn't voted to that list... Clay > Gresham.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

LOL. Who is Clay, again?

Comment

Working...
                              X