X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Remember the days of old FA?

Where we would let the dust settle before we signed players? Although there has been a ton of action in the first week there are still a lot of serviceable players out there. Go to ESPN and look at the list. No big name players for O-line but def some decent talent.

Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

for all panickers out there, listen to A-A-Ron...R-E-L-A-X!

add in the draft...things will be fine.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Remember the days of old FA?

Ummm...I'm not sure I can agree there

Mario Williams, Derrick Dockery, Troy Vincent, Langston Walker, Dwan Edwards, Kirk Morrison, Mark Anderson, Manny Lawson are all free agent signings that happened within a few days/weeks of FA opening.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post

Mario Williams, Derrick Dockery, Troy Vincent, Langston Walker, Dwan Edwards, Kirk Morrison, Mark Anderson, Manny Lawson are all free agent signings that happened within a few days/weeks of FA opening.
      oh boy, how often did we strike early in free agency? Why did so many fans complain that we sat on our hands?

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I always try to project forward to camp and see how it will all work. I'll enjoy a couple trips to SJF this summer. This is looking very interesting.

They'd be wise to open spring mini-camp to the public at the Ralph for a couple of sessions. Sell $5 tickets which go to charity and watch them pack the place. Marketing. Interest is sky high here.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post

Ive Got another one.... Jeff posey
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
            Ive Got another one.... Jeff posey
            the only name on that list of significance is MARIO...

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
              the only name on that list of significance is MARIO...
              At the time, Troy Vincent was a pretty big name, albeit on the downside of his career
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Where we would let the dust settle before we signed players? Although there has been a ton of action in the first week there are still a lot of serviceable players out there. Go to ESPN and look at the list. No big name players for O-line but def some decent talent.

Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

for all panickers out there, listen to A-A-Ron...R-E-L-A-X!

add in the draft...things will be fine.
                ...? We did let the dust settle in free agency. Our biggest free agent contract so far went to a fullback. Our big pickup was through a trade and we've other wise been aggressive in re-signing or extending our own people.

Compare us to Miami and New York if you want to see "aggressive in free agency."

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

We've been making a few headlines, but nothing particularly significant acquisition-wise. The first weekend after free agency opens is typically when the dust has settled, and we basically have a fullback and third-string QB to show for it, maybe an over-priced gimmick player with an attitude come Monday. This has been disappointing so far, in all honesty, with the exception of re-signing Hughes.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    ...? We did let the dust settle in free agency. Our biggest free agent contract so far went to a fullback. Our big pickup was through a trade and we've other wise been aggressive in re-signing or extending our own people.

Compare us to Miami and New York if you want to see "aggressive in free agency."
                    eh, look at how active they have been with strategic moves. We made moves early instead of waiting for scraps.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

eh, look at how active they have been with strategic moves. We made moves early instead of waiting for scraps.
                      Guys like Cassel, Taylor, and Incognito are not any better than the "scraps" we supposedly waited for in prior years. The difference is that this year we made one big deal and otherwise have been linked to nearly every single major free agent by twitter, which gives the impression of a flurry of activity without actual activity.

Again, if you want to see a team storm out of the gate in free agency, look at Miami or New York.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

McCoy is big, I give you that. But so was Bledsoe and Mario Williams.

I will say that they have improved in several areas as well as shoring up depth. There is is still a huge ? At the coaching level until proven otherwise. This holds true even more so for the QB position. And now a hole at TE that I'm not sure how it will be addressed.

Are they doing something? Sure. But is it the right thing? That remains to be seen.

With just 7 draft picks, 4 of them at the 5th round or lower, I still don't have a warm fuzzy.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          We've been making a few headlines, but nothing particularly significant acquisition-wise. The first weekend after free agency opens is typically when the dust has settled, and we basically have a fullback and third-string QB to show for it, maybe an over-priced gimmick player with an attitude come Monday. This has been disappointing so far, in all honesty, with the exception of re-signing Hughes.
                          I'm waffling on it in my thoughts. Amazingly I think Felton and Cassel were solid pickups for what they mean to do, McCoy and Harvin seem overpriced adds to me, with my thought being they could have found cheaper and younger with sharp college scouting, Incognito I'm getting more comfortable with over time as I make peace with the idea of run based offense. Retaining Hughes was great.

I'm coming to terms with losing Alonso, which still vexes me, but Ryan makes significant lb's, it's what he does. Have a feeling McCoy is annoyed and will be one of those guys with a chip on his shoulder, and if they make Harvin work peacefully, I can see myself swinging over to liking it.

It's that time in the year where I'm trying to soothe myself with delusions of grandeur and visions of splendor. I argue a lot around this time of year, mostly with myself by proxy on the boards.

Comment

• Raptor
                            • Jan 2009

Ralph not spending money on FA's was one of the biggest delusional Myths out there ...he just had dumbasses picking the players and coaches

Comment

Working...
                            X