PDA

View Full Version : Doug Whaley scored a part in a movie?

YardRat
03-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Remember the young hot-shot GM from Jacksonville in 'Draft Day' that got schooled by Kevin Costner so the Browns could move back into the first round?

Whaley has kind of reprised that role in the not-so-ballyhoo'd follow-up. The sequel is titled 'Free Agency', and apparently opened this past week on March 10th at 4pm in 32 major markets around the USA.

I haven't seen it yet, but I certainly hope his performance is better than Brandon's pitiful attempt to portray a football exec in the original.

Albany,n.y.
03-14-2015, 12:02 PM
I want the sequel to be realistic: Whaley signs an unheralded backup who never got a chance behind a Super Bowl winning QB & the backup ends up starting & wins the Super Bowl in his 1st year as a starter.
I see a real problem in 2016 when Tyrod's contract is up & he wants $20 million/year.

Novacane
03-14-2015, 03:36 PM
I want the sequel to be realistic: Whaley signs an unheralded backup who never got a chance behind a Super Bowl winning QB & the backup ends up starting & wins the Super Bowl in his 1st year as a starter.
I see a real problem in 2016 when Tyrod's contract is up & he wants $20 million/year.

That would be a great problem to have!

Mace
03-14-2015, 04:26 PM
I see him more replacing Matthew McConaughey in commercials for Lincolns.

WagonCircler
03-14-2015, 05:07 PM
but I certainly hope his performance is better than Brandon's pitiful attempt to portray a football exec in the original.

Nothing is as bad as Brandon's pitiful attempt to portray a football exec in real life.