• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills OT Henderson gets top performance bonus

Buffalo tackle Seantrel Henderson earned more than $373,000 in additional pay for the 2014 season under the NFL's performance-based bonus program.A seventh-round draft choice from the University of Miami, Henderson was paid the rookie minimum of $420,000 in salary, with a $50,880 bonus. He was on the field for every Bills offensive play last season, and 15 per cent of special teams snaps. That earned him the biggest bonus for last season, the NFL announced Friday.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills OT Henderson gets top performance bonus

Good for him. Makes sense from a "draft value vs playing time" angle.

hope he can take some more steps this year.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Good for him. He deserved it!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Who pays for this?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

The term "performance bonus" seems to be a misnomer.

It looks like they based it on playing time. If there was any piece related to actual performance, the article doesn't mention it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
            Who pays for this?
            Each individual team is responsible for contributing to a league wide pool a set amount (in 2012 it was 3.46mil per), and the awards are distributed from that.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            The term "performance bonus" seems to be a misnomer.

It looks like they based it on playing time. If there was any piece related to actual performance, the article doesn't mention it.
            Each player’s “Playtime Percentage” shall be calculated by (i) adding the
            player’s total plays on offense or defense, as appropriate, plus special teams and (ii) dividing that number by the team’s total
            plays on offense or defense, as appropriate, plus special teams;
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Each individual team is responsible for contributing to a league wide pool a set amount (in 2012 it was 3.46mil per), and the awards are distributed from that.

player’s total plays on offense or defense, as appropriate, plus special teams and (ii) dividing that number by the team’s total
              He paid some dues and tried like anything above and beyond what you'd expect of a 7th round problem child starter.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

So, is that the sole criteria for the award, or just one piece of it? Don't get me wrong- Henderson generally played well last year and he was surprising for a 7th round pick but I just don't think playing time should be the sole criteria. Think of how many losers got lots of playing time on this team simply because we had no one better.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

So, is that the sole criteria for the award, or just one piece of it? Don't get me wrong- Henderson generally played well last year and he was surprising for a 7th round pick but I just don't think playing time should be the sole criteria. Think of how many losers got lots of playing time on this team simply because we had no one better.
                  I'm not going to argue about this so much, but a 7th round pick generally playing well in your opinion as a starter, is probably significant in this case for a starting tackle, so I don't really think it was all about just playing time.

He might really be a loser who got lots of playing time one year but he earned some love for it, it was his time to shine as much as anyone can earn in the NFL for a season.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

It's a collectively bargained element of the CBA, not really an 'award'. You try and get labor and management to agree on a monetary stipulation that is more subjective, as you suggest.

You may not think it is a big deal, but I'm pretty sure there are 31 other teams in the league that would love to grab a seventh-rounder that contributed on just about every offensive and special teams snap in an entire season, especially at OT.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

What an incredible pick this was, even if he merely was average.

How did he end up grading out for the season?

Things I'm sure get better with the clown coaches from last year gone.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Getting away from Marrone's zone-blocking and working at RT all off- and pre-season should help Henderson out immensely. Hopefully they add a proven RG, although I'd be fine with finding the best out of Urbik, Richardson or Chris Williams.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                          What an incredible pick this was, even if he merely was average.

How did he end up grading out for the season?

Things I'm sure get better with the clown coaches from last year gone.
                          Pro Football Focus had him ranked 80th out of 82 tackles last year.

He started out a hell of a lot better than he finished.

Comment

• Shady25
                            • Feb 2015

Tackle play always gets better with better guards.

Shady is proud of Seantrel. Shady remembers when Seantrel was the #1 prospect in the nation, interest from ND, Miami, USC, and Minnesota, committed to USC ended up decommitting and going to Miami because of the Lane Kiffin debacle.

ability has always been there.

great player to take a flier on in the 7th round.
                            WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
                            ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                            X