X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Lecharles bentley on john Murphy show

I cannot stand how the john Murphy show does not put the interviews in the on demand section. Well they do for some but there a bunch they do not.

Did anyone listen to lecharles Bentley interview I am curious to see if he gave a Cyrus update. I have big hope for him. I watched his film yesterday on draft breakdown and he does struggle with speed rushers on the outside but I never saw him once get bull rushed or beat once he got his hands on you. I am thinking he could be our version of iupati. Who was a left tackle at Idaho by the way.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Lecharles bentley on john Murphy show

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I cannot stand how the john Murphy show does not put the interviews in the on demand section. Well they do for some but there a bunch they do not.

Did anyone listen to lecharles Bentley interview I am curious to see if he gave a Cyrus update. I have big hope for him. I watched his film yesterday on draft breakdown and he does struggle with speed rushers on the outside but I never saw him once get bull rushed or beat once he got his hands on you. I am thinking he could be our version of iupati. Who was a left tackle at Idaho by the way.

I think his general thought is that Kouandjio is trying to reconcile talent with technique. I wouldn't count Kouandjio out, seems fierce and intent and is working at it.
    Last edited by Mace; 03-14-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      http://www.buffalobills.com/video/au...6-4a0a3cf55b01

I think his general thought is that Kouandjio is trying to reconcile talent with technique. I wouldn't count Kouandjio out, seems fierce and intent and is working at it.
      I wouldn't count Cyrus Kouandjio out, either. You can't call a guy a bust after one year of not even playing. I think he suited up just once, or thereabouts. Yeah, that says something, but still... Remember that he was just 20-years-old when the Bills drafted him. He could still realistically improve, develop, and pan out if the talent is there. Some *****es like to go whole-hog negative about it, but the possibility is real. I'm not optimistic enough to say that it WILL happen, but I think that his potential is enough to make the possibility interesting. I think the general expectation is for a 2nd-round pick to start from day one, but sometimes that's not the case. Doesn't mean we should write those guys off.

It'll be interesting to follow, anyway. We'll know he's become somewhat relevant if I eventually learn to spell his damn name.

Comment

• Mace
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
        I wouldn't count Cyrus Kouandjio out, either. You can't call a guy a bust after one year of not even playing. I think he suited up just once, or thereabouts. Yeah, that says something, but still... Remember that he was just 20-years-old when the Bills drafted him. He could still realistically improve, develop, and pan out if the talent is there. Some *****es like to go whole-hog negative about it, but the possibility is real. I'm not optimistic enough to say that it WILL happen, but I think that his potential is enough to make the possibility interesting. I think the general expectation is for a 2nd-round pick to start from day one, but sometimes that's not the case. Doesn't mean we should write those guys off.

It'll be interesting to follow, anyway. We'll know he's become somewhat relevant if I eventually learn to spell his damn name.
        You get the idea he's a big, mean, fiercely dedicated guy completely confused by Pat Morris/Doug Marrone o-line philosophy which confused just about everyone anyway. Kou...And...Djio is how I remembered it.

Personally, I don't feel bad saying I think he's going to surprise people for making it.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm rooting like hell for the kid, I hope he really progresses in the next couple of seasons.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

Anyone calling him a bust is out of their minds. I was just wondering if Bentley said anything about how he has improved since he has been at his facility. Will be fun to watch him and Cryil.

Doug Marrone has been around OL his whole career and really liked Cryil they might be something there as well.

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

Anyone calling him a bust is out of their minds. I was just wondering if Bentley said anything about how he has improved since he has been at his facility. Will be fun to watch him and Cryil.

Doug Marrone has been around OL his whole career and really liked Cryil they might be something there as well.
              Well yeah, but it would be good if you listened to what Bentley said about him in the link since you asked about it.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

His problem was getting out of his stance on the snap. I was convinced hearing aids were needed.

Of course he gets another chance at that young age and glad he's been putting in the work.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Will be interested to see what he shows with new coaches, this off-season camp, and year 2 of the Pro-Camp setting. It's kind of make-it or break-it year for him.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Basically Bentley is saying KuJo has the tools and the desire, he just needs to translate that to actual play.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I haven't listened to this episode yet, but all of John Murphys shows are available as podcasts on I Tunes.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Basically Bentley is saying KuJo has the tools and the desire, he just needs to translate that to actual play.
                        Just add the "hard work" to the recipe and you may come out with quite a dish. Call Giada.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Starting LT for Kouandjio.

Kid is a prototype LT, if he can get the technique going he can be a starting LT for the Bills in view of playing your best 5 linemen.

Since you have Henderson at RT you have Glenn push to left guard and Incognito to RG.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                            Starting LT for Kouandjio.

Kid is a prototype LT, if he can get the technique going he can be a starting LT for the Bills in view of playing your best 5 linemen.

Since you have Henderson at RT you have Glenn push to left guard and Incognito to RG.
                            I don't think he'll ever have the footwork for LT. IMO it's more likely eventually Glenn-Richardson-UpgradeWood-Kuoandijo-Henderson.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

[QUOTE=Doug Marrone has been around OL his whole career and really liked Cryil they might be something there as well.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what worries me...

Comment

Working...
                              X