• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Tyrod Taylor has shot at Buffalo Bills QB job

Just strikes me as sad, he's built like Taylor Swift with less muscle.

Tyrod Taylor reportedly turned down more money from the Broncos to play for Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills. Can the former Ravens quarterback beat out the likes of Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel?
  • Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Re: Tyrod Taylor has shot at Buffalo Bills QB job

Stop acting like there were better options and you won't get so upset.

Keep in mind, The Bills are a failed franchise trying to climb back from the abyss.

Not an easy thing to do, But the last 2 years have been a giant step in the right direction.

If you're looking for anything more than that, You will only upset yourself.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      Just strikes me as sad, he's built like Taylor Swift with less muscle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-bills-qb-job
      He has the exact same build as Drew Bress. Come on now.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Here's a clue to all the Taylor naysayers: The team that tried to outbid the Bills for Taylor's services are the Denver Broncos-coached by one of the few people who saw Taylor most days of the week- Gary Kubiak who coaching on the Ravens staff last year. Kubiak knows more about Taylor than anyone on this board could possibly know. Kubiak also has a QB who is on his last year or 2 & would love to acquire a guy he trusts as his possible replacement. If Taylor was as bad as you naysayers think, the last guy bidding for his services would be one of the few guys who knows what he's got. Think about the last time this situation took place-Joe Philbin went to Miami when Matt Flynn was available-he had no interest in bringing the guy with him.
        I'm optimistic about Tyrod Taylor. For years people have been touting backups who have been cut by other teams. Taylor was trusted to be #2 in Baltimore and never cut or traded. This was the 1st time he was available and the team that offered the most money was the team coached by a guy who knows his game better than anyone else on another NFL team with the possible exception of Detroit's Jim Caldwell who is pretty well set at QB. .

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i watched every game taylor played a VT, as i am an alum. he was very good in college. much better than Logan Thomas. he was the best qb VT had since Mike Vick was tearing it up. hes very much like a younger version of Michael Vick actually. strong arm. very fast. decent accuracy (in college).
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka View Post
            i watched every game taylor played a VT, as i am an alum. he was very good in college. much better than Logan Thomas. he was the best qb VT had since Mike Vick was tearing it up. hes very much like a younger version of Michael Vick actually. strong arm. very fast. decent accuracy (in college).
            Now add 4 years of NFL coaching with one of the more respected coaching staffs in the NFL to what you've seen & we may have the bargain of this year's free agents.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tatonka View Post
              Good to see you, T.

I actually thought it was a consolation prize for not getting Harvin. His game action has been extremely poor, but I like the point Albany made about Kubiak.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

But here's the thing – if we signed TT to compete to start, why didn't we just sign Vick?

Surely Vick > Taylor, right?

Comment

• snow1989
                  • Sep 2003

I said it in another thread....I'll say it again.....There is NO franchise quarterback available to the Bills this year !!!!

So bring in everybody....I don't care, former 2nd rd, 6th rd, undrafted....it doesn't matter. If your grandmother can throw a 20 yd out...send her to One Bills Drive. If your drunken uncle can stumble 8 yds WITHOUT dropping the ball because someone wrote Gentleman Jack on it and he thinks it's a collectors flask....send him to One Bills Drive.

Let any and all of them fight it out and the winner becomes the Bills QB caretaker. In the future, when a legitimate franchise QB is available...you draft him or trade for him. Right now, we just need someone who can manage the team without being completely detrimental to it. No stupid turnovers, poor decision making, clock mismanagement or butter finger hands. If he can do just enough to keep the defense from stacking the box while he plays dink-n-dunk for first downs and get our redzone stat to 60% ...........I don't care if he's built like Taylor Swift, looks like Phyllis Diller and talks like Sly Stallone on ludes.
                  I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                    Here's a clue to all the Taylor naysayers: The team that tried to outbid the Bills for Taylor's services are the Denver Broncos-coached by one of the few people who saw Taylor most days of the week- Gary Kubiak who coaching on the Ravens staff last year. Kubiak knows more about Taylor than anyone on this board could possibly know. Kubiak also has a QB who is on his last year or 2 & would love to acquire a guy he trusts as his possible replacement. If Taylor was as bad as you naysayers think, the last guy bidding for his services would be one of the few guys who knows what he's got. Think about the last time this situation took place-Joe Philbin went to Miami when Matt Flynn was available-he had no interest in bringing the guy with him.
                    I'm optimistic about Tyrod Taylor. For years people have been touting backups who have been cut by other teams. Taylor was trusted to be #2 in Baltimore and never cut or traded. This was the 1st time he was available and the team that offered the most money was the team coached by a guy who knows his game better than anyone else on another NFL team with the possible exception of Detroit's Jim Caldwell who is pretty well set at QB. .
                    So Dan Orlovsky and Kellen Moore are better than Taylor, according to Caldwell?
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

At this point I really don't care who the starter is as long as somebody emerges from the ****-show and we get to the playoffs.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Wow, did that article take a turn.

There is little question all 3 guys are currently dead even with Rex and Roman. Any of them can go out and win this job. Rex has been undercut too many times by the QB not to have an open mind this time around.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Famous Amos
                          • Jul 2013

I was curious where Taylor ranked among the QBs in his class when he was drafted. Walter Football had him as the tenth best with guys like Christian Ponder, TJ Yates, Ricky Stanzi, Mallet, Locker, Gabbert, Kapaernick, Dalton and Newman ahead of him.

Tyrod Taylor is certainly not a quarterback prospect you want to hang your hat on, but he's one of the better options in the later rounds if you are looking for a backup at the next level. He is very mobile, athletic and has a solid arm to make all the throws. He needs to be coached up at the next level, but he is worth taking a flier on in Rounds 5 or 6. Taylor has notched 66 percent of his completions for a 10.0 YPA on the year thus far.

3/29/10: A short quarterback who completed only 56 percent of his passes in 2009. On the bright side, he threw only five picks and maintained a 9.5 YPA.

From NFL.com
                          Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.
                          Analysis

Strengths

Taylor is an excellent athlete with a thick muscular build. Has excellent mobility and continually evades the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Has above average arm strength and flashes the ability to fit the ball into tight windows on short to intermediate routes. Team leader and fierce competitor.
                          Weaknesses

Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws.
                          "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                          -Graham Greene

Comment

• Famous Amos
                            • Jul 2013

I like the idea of throwing everything at the wall and see what sticks in terms of QB. The Bills can't reasonably cant use every draft pick on QB this year so why not take some fliers on existing NFL players. When I read that he lacks the size as a proto typical QB but has a strong arm, can run like a RB, muscular build...he's interesting. Sounds a bit like Drew Brees and Doug Flutie. But not being able to read defenses well and accuracy issues explains why he hasnt sniffed a starting role so far in his career.
                            "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                            -Graham Greene

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              So Dan Orlovsky and Kellen Moore are better than Taylor, according to Caldwell?
                              All Caldwell had to offer Taylor was more of the same-sit behind a franchise QB with no chance of starting anytime in the foreseeable future. At STARTER, Caldwell is set. Unlike Denver whose QB may realistically be playing his last season & may need a new starter in 2016.

Here's another thing to think about. Taylor's NFL resume is very similar to what Frank Reich's resume was after 4 NFL seasons. Frank Reich was a plan B free agent after his 4th NFL season & nobody signed him away from the Bills. Imagine how different his career would have been if he had signed with a QB needy team in 1989. If the current Bills could get the 1989 version of Frank Reich, this board would be in love with the guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X