PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor has shot at Buffalo Bills QB job

Mace
03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Just strikes me as sad, he's built like Taylor Swift with less muscle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479075/article/tyrod-taylor-has-shot-at-buffalo-bills-qb-job

Downinfloflo
03-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Stop acting like there were better options and you won't get so upset.

Keep in mind, The Bills are a failed franchise trying to climb back from the abyss.

Not an easy thing to do, But the last 2 years have been a giant step in the right direction.

If you're looking for anything more than that, You will only upset yourself.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Just strikes me as sad, he's built like Taylor Swift with less muscle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479075/article/tyrod-taylor-has-shot-at-buffalo-bills-qb-job

He has the exact same build as Drew Bress. Come on now.

Albany,n.y.
03-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Here's a clue to all the Taylor naysayers: The team that tried to outbid the Bills for Taylor's services are the Denver Broncos-coached by one of the few people who saw Taylor most days of the week- Gary Kubiak who coaching on the Ravens staff last year. Kubiak knows more about Taylor than anyone on this board could possibly know. Kubiak also has a QB who is on his last year or 2 & would love to acquire a guy he trusts as his possible replacement. If Taylor was as bad as you naysayers think, the last guy bidding for his services would be one of the few guys who knows what he's got. Think about the last time this situation took place-Joe Philbin went to Miami when Matt Flynn was available-he had no interest in bringing the guy with him.
I'm optimistic about Tyrod Taylor. For years people have been touting backups who have been cut by other teams. Taylor was trusted to be #2 in Baltimore and never cut or traded. This was the 1st time he was available and the team that offered the most money was the team coached by a guy who knows his game better than anyone else on another NFL team with the possible exception of Detroit's Jim Caldwell who is pretty well set at QB. .

Tatonka
03-14-2015, 10:58 PM
i watched every game taylor played a VT, as i am an alum. he was very good in college. much better than Logan Thomas. he was the best qb VT had since Mike Vick was tearing it up. hes very much like a younger version of Michael Vick actually. strong arm. very fast. decent accuracy (in college).

Albany,n.y.
03-14-2015, 11:05 PM
i watched every game taylor played a VT, as i am an alum. he was very good in college. much better than Logan Thomas. he was the best qb VT had since Mike Vick was tearing it up. hes very much like a younger version of Michael Vick actually. strong arm. very fast. decent accuracy (in college).

Now add 4 years of NFL coaching with one of the more respected coaching staffs in the NFL to what you've seen & we may have the bargain of this year's free agents.

Oaf
03-14-2015, 11:58 PM

Good to see you, T.

I actually thought it was a consolation prize for not getting Harvin. His game action has been extremely poor, but I like the point Albany made about Kubiak.

Oaf
03-15-2015, 02:25 AM
But here's the thing – if we signed TT to compete to start, why didn't we just sign Vick?

Surely Vick > Taylor, right?

snow1989
03-15-2015, 04:36 AM
I said it in another thread....I'll say it again.....There is NO franchise quarterback available to the Bills this year !!!!

So bring in everybody....I don't care, former 2nd rd, 6th rd, undrafted....it doesn't matter. If your grandmother can throw a 20 yd out...send her to One Bills Drive. If your drunken uncle can stumble 8 yds WITHOUT dropping the ball because someone wrote Gentleman Jack on it and he thinks it's a collectors flask....send him to One Bills Drive.

Let any and all of them fight it out and the winner becomes the Bills QB caretaker. In the future, when a legitimate franchise QB is available...you draft him or trade for him. Right now, we just need someone who can manage the team without being completely detrimental to it. No stupid turnovers, poor decision making, clock mismanagement or butter finger hands. If he can do just enough to keep the defense from stacking the box while he plays dink-n-dunk for first downs and get our redzone stat to 60% ...........I don't care if he's built like Taylor Swift, looks like Phyllis Diller and talks like Sly Stallone on ludes.

YardRat
03-15-2015, 04:46 AM
Here's a clue to all the Taylor naysayers: The team that tried to outbid the Bills for Taylor's services are the Denver Broncos-coached by one of the few people who saw Taylor most days of the week- Gary Kubiak who coaching on the Ravens staff last year. Kubiak knows more about Taylor than anyone on this board could possibly know. Kubiak also has a QB who is on his last year or 2 & would love to acquire a guy he trusts as his possible replacement. If Taylor was as bad as you naysayers think, the last guy bidding for his services would be one of the few guys who knows what he's got. Think about the last time this situation took place-Joe Philbin went to Miami when Matt Flynn was available-he had no interest in bringing the guy with him.
I'm optimistic about Tyrod Taylor. For years people have been touting backups who have been cut by other teams. Taylor was trusted to be #2 in Baltimore and never cut or traded. This was the 1st time he was available and the team that offered the most money was the team coached by a guy who knows his game better than anyone else on another NFL team with the possible exception of Detroit's Jim Caldwell who is pretty well set at QB. .

So Dan Orlovsky and Kellen Moore are better than Taylor, according to Caldwell?

YardRat
03-15-2015, 04:48 AM
At this point I really don't care who the starter is as long as somebody emerges from the ****-show and we get to the playoffs.

Night Train
03-15-2015, 04:54 AM
Wow, did that article take a turn. :rofl:

There is little question all 3 guys are currently dead even with Rex and Roman. Any of them can go out and win this job. Rex has been undercut too many times by the QB not to have an open mind this time around.

Famous Amos
03-15-2015, 06:58 AM
I was curious where Taylor ranked among the QBs in his class when he was drafted. Walter Football had him as the tenth best with guys like Christian Ponder, TJ Yates, Ricky Stanzi, Mallet, Locker, Gabbert, Kapaernick, Dalton and Newman ahead of him.

Tyrod Taylor is certainly not a quarterback prospect you want to hang your hat on, but he's one of the better options in the later rounds if you are looking for a backup at the next level. He is very mobile, athletic and has a solid arm to make all the throws. He needs to be coached up at the next level, but he is worth taking a flier on in Rounds 5 or 6. Taylor has notched 66 percent of his completions for a 10.0 YPA on the year thus far.

3/29/10: A short quarterback who completed only 56 percent of his passes in 2009. On the bright side, he threw only five picks and maintained a 9.5 YPA.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

From NFL.com
Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.
<section> Analysis <article> Strengths Taylor is an excellent athlete with a thick muscular build. Has excellent mobility and continually evades the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Has above average arm strength and flashes the ability to fit the ball into tight windows on short to intermediate routes. Team leader and fierce competitor. </article> <article> Weaknesses Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws. </article> </section>

Famous Amos
03-15-2015, 07:04 AM
I like the idea of throwing everything at the wall and see what sticks in terms of QB. The Bills can't reasonably cant use every draft pick on QB this year so why not take some fliers on existing NFL players. When I read that he lacks the size as a proto typical QB but has a strong arm, can run like a RB, muscular build...he's interesting. Sounds a bit like Drew Brees and Doug Flutie. But not being able to read defenses well and accuracy issues explains why he hasnt sniffed a starting role so far in his career.

Albany,n.y.
03-15-2015, 07:21 AM
So Dan Orlovsky and Kellen Moore are better than Taylor, according to Caldwell?

All Caldwell had to offer Taylor was more of the same-sit behind a franchise QB with no chance of starting anytime in the foreseeable future. At STARTER, Caldwell is set. Unlike Denver whose QB may realistically be playing his last season & may need a new starter in 2016.

Here's another thing to think about. Taylor's NFL resume is very similar to what Frank Reich's resume was after 4 NFL seasons. Frank Reich was a plan B free agent after his 4th NFL season & nobody signed him away from the Bills. Imagine how different his career would have been if he had signed with a QB needy team in 1989. If the current Bills could get the 1989 version of Frank Reich, this board would be in love with the guy.

Albany,n.y.
03-15-2015, 07:33 AM
I was curious where Taylor ranked among the QBs in his class when he was drafted. Walter Football had him as the tenth best with guys like Christian Ponder, TJ Yates, Ricky Stanzi, Mallet, Locker, Gabbert, Kapaernick, Dalton and Newman ahead of him.

Tyrod Taylor is certainly not a quarterback prospect you want to hang your hat on, but he's one of the better options in the later rounds if you are looking for a backup at the next level. He is very mobile, athletic and has a solid arm to make all the throws. He needs to be coached up at the next level, but he is worth taking a flier on in Rounds 5 or 6. Taylor has notched 66 percent of his completions for a 10.0 YPA on the year thus far.

3/29/10: A short quarterback who completed only 56 percent of his passes in 2009. On the bright side, he threw only five picks and maintained a 9.5 YPA.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

From NFL.com
Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.
<section> Analysis <article> Strengths Taylor is an excellent athlete with a thick muscular build. Has excellent mobility and continually evades the rush while keeping his eyes downfield. Has above average arm strength and flashes the ability to fit the ball into tight windows on short to intermediate routes. Team leader and fierce competitor. </article> <article> Weaknesses Does not possess adequate height and too many of his passes are knocked down at the line. Sloppy footwork prevents him from stepping into throws making him an erratic passer. Locks onto receivers and often telegraphs his throws. Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws. </article> </section>
Where did Walter have Kurt Warner when he came out of college and what was his write-up on Warner? If Walter was around then chances are he didn't have a write-up because Warner was so far off the draft guide guys radar. Yet, he was in an NFL camp competing against guys he couldn't possibly beat out. After years of pro coaching at levels from Arena to NFL Europe & then back with NFL coaches Warner wasn't the same guy who was the green rookie the Packers brought to camp out of college.

Some guys respond to NFL coaching and inprove on their game to the point that digging up an old college scouting report on the guy is ludicrous. Not all players stay the same-they're not all EJ Manuels and keep making the same mistakes that they did in college.

Albany,n.y.
03-15-2015, 08:04 AM
I just looked up Russell Wilson's draft report from Pro Football Weekly. He was ranked 9th among the class of 2012. Here are some highlights:

Positives: Graceful athlete-looks athletic in everything he does on the field. Poised. Has a quick, high release and very good arm strength. Nice touch. Throws naturally on the move or off balance and can alter his arm slot. Breaks down defenses with his legs-evades pressure with ease and is creative when the pocket breaks. Productive, elusive scrambler. Excellent third-down efficiency. Outstanding intangibles-mature, grounded, motivated athlete with a professional makeup and work ethic . Quickly assimilated and earned the respect of his new teammates.

Negatives: Is short and height limits his field vision at times. Limited drop-back production. Inconsistent ball placement. Will vacate the pocket prematurely. Locks on to receivers. Has made some questionable decisions late in games (see East Carolina and Virginia Tech 2010, Michigan State 2011). Is under contract with the Colorado Rockies, and his commitment to football needs to be evaluated.

Summary: An instinctive multisport athlete with a terrific work ethic and likeable personality. Wilson has nearly everything you desire intangibly, including toughness, competitiveness and leadership. Never will be a prototypical dropback, pocket passer, as his height always will be a limiting factor, but he has the arm, legs and smarts to grow into an effective backup in a system where he can utilize play-action, rollouts, and improve skills to make plays. Versatile player who could even be sprinkled into the game plan on a weekly basis to take advantage of his dual-threat ability. Is the type of player you root for and want on your roster.

Looks like a similar report to Taylor's Walter report. All it proves is don't rely on some scouting writeup from a guy who isn't good enough to be a real NFL scout.

Oaf
03-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Again, I think of Vick, who is better and a proven mentor.

Albany,n.y.
03-15-2015, 01:08 PM

If this was the 20th century.

So washed up he never has to bathe again.

Cassel will mentor Taylor. Vick did a great job mentoring Geno.

Novacane
03-15-2015, 01:10 PM

And washed up.

BillsImpossible
03-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Very excited about this signing because it proves that the Bills are going to have a true quarterback competition in training camp, unlike last year's joke of a competition.

Cassel, Taylor, Manuel, and likely a rookie will all be given a chance to compete for the starting job in 2015.

Taylor signed with the Bills because they convinced him that he would have the better opportunity to be the starter.

Training camp is just around the corner, and all eyes will be on the QB competition.

To make things even more competitive, I hope the Bills draft at least one QB, and sign a rookie free agent like Taylor Kelly or Brandon Bridge.

Out of all of the quarterbacks listed, EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel have the shortest ropes to work with.

If the Bills are going to have a 5 man quarterback competition, that might eclipse Chip Kelly in the, 'crazy,' department, but it would sure as hell be fun to watch.

EDS
03-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Given the extremely low amount of guaranteed money involved in Taylor's contract, and the fact that he would only max out at $7m for two years if he starts, I suspect even his biggest supporters within the organization would admit it is a longshot that he gets real playing time at QB. That said, the competition is certainly not unbeatable.

Night Train
03-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Taylor isn't going to stand in the pocket. He will roll out and create his own passing lane. So the knocked down passes thought is moot to me.

Strongman
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM
He brings a different set of tools than EJ, Tuel, or Cassell. As a dual threat, he's more of a gadget type QB that would be good for the wildcat.

Famous Amos
03-15-2015, 02:49 PM
I just looked up Russell Wilson's draft report from Pro Football Weekly. He was ranked 9th among the class of 2012. Here are some highlights:

Positives: Graceful athlete-looks athletic in everything he does on the field. Poised. Has a quick, high release and very good arm strength. Nice touch. Throws naturally on the move or off balance and can alter his arm slot. Breaks down defenses with his legs-evades pressure with ease and is creative when the pocket breaks. Productive, elusive scrambler. Excellent third-down efficiency. Outstanding intangibles-mature, grounded, motivated athlete with a professional makeup and work ethic . Quickly assimilated and earned the respect of his new teammates.

Negatives: Is short and height limits his field vision at times. Limited drop-back production. Inconsistent ball placement. Will vacate the pocket prematurely. Locks on to receivers. Has made some questionable decisions late in games (see East Carolina and Virginia Tech 2010, Michigan State 2011). Is under contract with the Colorado Rockies, and his commitment to football needs to be evaluated.

Summary: An instinctive multisport athlete with a terrific work ethic and likeable personality. Wilson has nearly everything you desire intangibly, including toughness, competitiveness and leadership. Never will be a prototypical dropback, pocket passer, as his height always will be a limiting factor, but he has the arm, legs and smarts to grow into an effective backup in a system where he can utilize play-action, rollouts, and improve skills to make plays. Versatile player who could even be sprinkled into the game plan on a weekly basis to take advantage of his dual-threat ability. Is the type of player you root for and want on your roster.

Looks like a similar report to Taylor's Walter report. All it proves is don't rely on some scouting writeup from a guy who isn't good enough to be a real NFL scout.

I also pasted a report from NFL.com but you didn't respond to that one.

I don't think anyone knew who Kurt Warner was before he became as big as he was. I never heard of him but I did know who Tyrod Taylor was. I'm not sure if that's a fair comparison. Your reply comes off a bit defensive. Have you found a report that otherwise extolls Taylor's virtues as a passer? I admit mine is outdated and doesn't take into account the amount of time he learned from sitting behind Flacco in Baltimore.

So what information is available to measure his improvement as a QB during his brief NFL career up to this point. He hasn't played at all. Everybody knows preseason doesn't mean ****. He's done nothing. So what's wrong with digging up an old college scouting report? We don't know what kind of QB he is now because there is nothing to go on other than old scouting reports form college, thus the reason I posted it.

I'm not purposely criticizing him or trying to only point out his negatives.

Mace
03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
He has the exact same build as Drew Bress. Come on now.

I refuse to engage in parsing semantics with someone who misspells Brees, or anyone else who might cast the vile shade of doubt on my ridiculous analogy, as it casts vile shades of doubt on my ridiculous analogy. Go find an argument someplace else Mister, I'll not be drawn into any debates on whether Taylor Swift is built like Drew Bress.

Anyway, he's still a younger Dennis Dixon. Taylor, not Bress. Tyrod Taylor, not Taylor Swift who I see as more of a female Drew Brees without a birthmark who never played football but makes good money singing instead.

Mr. Pink
03-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Tyrod Taylor = a less athletic version of Troy Smith.

And where is Troy now? Tyrod will be in the same place in the not so distant future.

But hey, get excited, he might be the starting QB week 1!

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2015, 06:58 PM
He brings a different set of tools than EJ, Tuel, or Cassell. As a dual threat, he's more of a gadget type QB that would be good for the wildcat.

The wildcat has been euthanized.

Albany,n.y.
03-17-2015, 07:32 AM
I also pasted a report from NFL.com but you didn't respond to that one.

I don't think anyone knew who Kurt Warner was before he became as big as he was. I never heard of him but I did know who Tyrod Taylor was. I'm not sure if that's a fair comparison. Your reply comes off a bit defensive. Have you found a report that otherwise extolls Taylor's virtues as a passer? I admit mine is outdated and doesn't take into account the amount of time he learned from sitting behind Flacco in Baltimore.

So what information is available to measure his improvement as a QB during his brief NFL career up to this point. He hasn't played at all. Everybody knows preseason doesn't mean ****. He's done nothing. So what's wrong with digging up an old college scouting report? We don't know what kind of QB he is now because there is nothing to go on other than old scouting reports form college, thus the reason I posted it.

I'm not purposely criticizing him or trying to only point out his negatives.

You quoted a direct reply where I showed you Russell Wilson's PFW report which, with the exception of the personal stuff like Wilson was a dual sport athlete, was virtually identical to Walter's Tyrod Taylor report & then say I didn't reply- huh? Reread the last line again : Looks like a similar report to Taylor's Walter report. All it proves is don't rely on some scouting writeup from a guy who isn't good enough to be a real NFL scout.
How is that not a reply?
To put it more directly: ANY PLAYER NOT DRAFTED HIGH IS GOING TO HAVE A WRITEUP BY GUYS LIKE WALTER THAT HAS MANY QUESTION MARKS. If it didn't the player would have been a high pick. That includes Tyrod Taylor. The fact he has been in the league for 4 years supersedes any 4 year old report.

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2015, 07:36 AM

And where is Troy now? Tyrod will be in the same place in the not so distant future.

I'd say Tyrod's passing is better than Smith's.

Albany,n.y.
03-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Too late to edit: I thought the NFL.com report pasted was Walter's. That's what I was replying to. The same stuff I said about Walter (which I didn't open the link because I thought NFL.com quote was taken from the Walter link) is meant for the NFL stuff I read.

CoolBreeze
03-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Whether he starts or not, The Ravens have one of the best front offices and scouting departments in the league. If he's good enough to make that team 4 years in a row, it says he has talent. He's worth a shot. He certainly is the unknown quantity in this QB battle. He's had 4 years to develop.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Whether he starts or not, The Ravens have one of the best front offices and scouting departments in the league. If he's good enough to make that team 4 years in a row, it says he has talent. He's worth a shot. He certainly is the unknown quantity in this QB battle. He's had 4 years to develop.

Kyle Boller is available! Let's go get him!

jamze132
03-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Who's got Brady's pre-draft report?

Albany,n.y.
03-19-2015, 10:16 AM

PFW's late Joel Buchsbaum who rated him 6th best QB:

Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read covreages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighting 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Mel Kiper excerpts (most of his write-up is just a career history) rated him 10th best QB:
He's a straight drop back passer who stands tall in the pocket, doesn't show nervous feet, and does a nice job working through his progressions. He's not going to try to force action, rarely trying to perform beyond his capability. He's accurate, throws a very catchable ball, and also knows when to take a little off the pass. At the pro level, his lack of mobility could surface as a problem and it will be interesting to see how he fares when forced to take more chances down the field. Sure, he doesn't have the total package of skills, but you have to be impressed by his level of performance this past season (then lists 4 specific games).

Russ Lande (GMjr) who rated him 3rd best (Marc Bulger #1, Joe Hamilton #2) 1 player ahead of 1st rounder Chad Pennington:

Strong Points: Tom is a very smart quarterback who consistently makes good decisions and makes big plays. He is a smooth and fluid athlete with a good throwing motion. He does a very good job of standing strong in the pocket, reading the defense and making plays vs the blitz. He is an accurate passer who throws a very catchable ball. He is a good team player who has made sacrifices for the good of the team-He handled the situation with Drew Henson remarkably well.

Weaknesses: While Tom is a smooth athlete, he lacks the quick feet and playing speed to consistently buy a 2nd chance and make big plays after avoiding a sack. He has just an OK arm and struggles to get zip on the ball when he needs to-He floats some out routes which allows the DB's to break quickly & consistently make plays on the ball. While Tom has outstanding height & has been durable at Michigan, he needs to gain 10 to 15 pounds to stay healthy in the NFL.

Summary: Tom is a player I expected nothing from when I went to grade him, but he shocked me by making big plays consistently and making very few errors. He is a very smart QB who consistently sits back in the pocket while being blitzed and makes good plays. He does a good job of throwing good touch passes and rarely makes errors. He has shown the ability to step up make plays on important downs-Conversion rate was 65% in games I graded. The biggest problems that Brady has are his lack of good athletic ability and inability to get good zip on his passes. Overall, Tom shocked me by being such a good player and is typical of the Michigan QB's that have come into the NFL over the last 5 or 6 years-He is a smart, tough QB who throws accurately, makes more big plays than you expect and rarely makes a big error despite not having a strong arm. He will be drafted around where I rate him* and will eventually be a good starting QB, but will always have trouble making the throws that you need to get power behind.

*he projected Brady as a 3rd rounder in his mock draft.

Bill Cody
03-19-2015, 03:52 PM
cool thread. We've had Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady all invoked for a guy that will likely never take a snap for the Bills

The Jokeman
03-19-2015, 06:25 PM

Is he good enough because Joe Flacco shown to be quite durable? Ala Favre and Manning so the need for a quality backup wasn't as vital for the Ravens? I mean since being drafted Flacco has yet to miss a start over 7 seasons which is quite impeccable. I'm willing to give the kid a chance but quite frankly I think he's a great #3 QB but not good enough to be a reliable backup that you want to count on for long stretches if you're #1 goes down. Yet he could prove a spark in a game or two if needed but long term you're asking for trouble.

BillsImpossible
03-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I've posted a lot of highlight videos of Tyrod Taylor and the 1 thing that stands out the most to me is his ability to evade the pass rush.

As Night Train said, he creates his own passing lanes (and time) by using his feet.

EJ Manuel used his feet and got hurt. He's not a natural born runner like Taylor, and when EJ gets pressure, his game goes to crap.

When Tyrod Taylor gets pressure, his game accelerates.

Who can handle the most pressure?

Matt Cassel is a very limited QB that can't run. He is a statue that needs a lot of help around him to be good, including a very good offensive line.

Offensive line is key here. The Bills haven't done much other than sign Richie Incognito and hope Chris Williams can stay healthy.

With a questionable offensive line at best, which quarterback will have the best chance at making plays by avoiding the pass rush?

I think Tyrod Taylor will give the Bills more of an opportunity to make plays.

Training camp is going to be very interesting.

Rex Ryan is going to throw everything at the Bills O-line.

Which QB will survive?

Strongman
03-19-2015, 07:59 PM

Tyrod's combine results were actually better than Smith's pro day results. Not that these translate into success in the NFL, but Tyrod might actually be the better athlete.

Tatonka
03-19-2015, 08:02 PM
But here's the thing – if we signed TT to compete to start, why didn't we just sign Vick?

Surely Vick > Taylor, right?

if age wasnt a factor id say yes.. but ill take the younger guy in this case. im fine with it. there is zero risk high reward with tyrod. im not trying to be unrealistic, but i will say im more excited to see him play moreso than any other player this year. i cant wait for preseason. i will be disappointed if he doesnt perform well.

- - - Updated - - -

go ahead and insert the typical "your an idiot, he will be cut before the season starts" or "no way anyone good could have been a back up for 4 years" here.

Tatonka
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
tyrod is not troy smith. at all.

justasportsfan
03-19-2015, 08:09 PM

He likes his balls underinflated and tends to know what plays the D runs through coaching video taping opponents ahead of time. Should translate well in the Nfl.

CoolBreeze
03-21-2015, 05:39 PM
While it's true Flacco has stayed remarkably healthy, it shouldn't diminish what Taylor accomplished by staying as the #2. The fact is, if he sucked he wouldn't have been on the team. Not saying he's a starter or not. I think he's unknown at this time. I would take the last 10 Ravens drafts over Bills.
Is he good enough because Joe Flacco shown to be quite durable? Ala Favre and Manning so the need for a quality backup wasn't as vital for the Ravens? I mean since being drafted Flacco has yet to miss a start over 7 seasons which is quite impeccable. I'm willing to give the kid a chance but quite frankly I think he's a great #3 QB but not good enough to be a reliable backup that you want to count on for long stretches if you're #1 goes down. Yet he could prove a spark in a game or two if needed but long term you're asking for trouble.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2015, 06:43 AM
While it's true Flacco has stayed remarkably healthy, it shouldn't diminish what Taylor accomplished by staying as the #2. The fact is, if he sucked he wouldn't have been on the team. Not saying he's a starter or not. I think he's unknown at this time. I would take the last 10 Ravens drafts over Bills.

He pretty much had to fight as #2 every year except for his rookie season.

No way Cassel isn't the starter.