PDA

View Full Version : Bills offered Bryan Bulaga more than Packers

Joe Fo Sho
03-15-2015, 10:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/164148/andrew-brandt-bills-offered-bryan-bulaga-more-than-packers

Looks like we were at least trying to improve our offensive line.

It's hard to compete with the Packers organization. Outside of Julius Peppers, nobody on their roster has played for a team other than the Packers. That is absolutely insane.

TacklingDummy
03-15-2015, 10:39 AM
That's because once you have the Quarterback all other parts can be replaced via the draft.

Joe Fo Sho
03-15-2015, 10:41 AM
That's because once you have the Quarterback all other parts can be replaced via the draft.

The Packers didn't feel that way this year with Cobb or Bulaga though.

Meathead
03-15-2015, 01:35 PM
i love how commentators make it sound so elegant and magical:

"They buy into this culture of a draft and develop a team that is always going to be good."

yeah having two hof qbs back to back has nothing to do with it

you can suck as a franchise (pre-marcia cheaters) and still be mega good if you end up with an elite qb. personally i think its ruined the game but they didnt ask me

Mr. Pink
03-15-2015, 01:42 PM
i love how commentators make it sound so elegant and magical:

"They buy into this culture of a draft and develop a team that is always going to be good."

yeah having two hof qbs back to back has nothing to do with it

you can suck as a franchise (pre-marcia cheaters) and still be mega good if you end up with an elite qb. personally i think its ruined the game but they didnt ask me

How is it any different than it was 65 years ago? With Otto Graham the Browns went to 6 straight title games, they got perhaps the best RB in NFL history after Graham retired in Jim Brown and only went to 1 title game with him. With Bart Starr the Packers were a dominant team in the 60s, he retired and the Packers were irrelevant until Brett Favre showed up.

Meathead
03-15-2015, 01:45 PM
just a matter of degrees

the saints have been one of the worst franchises in all of pro sports, then brees turns into god and bam superbowl. that was probably the worst team to win a sb everywhere except qb

marino was top three at his position the entire time he played, yet he only made one bowl when he was a rook. if he was playing today he would have two or three rings at least. if he cheated, double that

HHURRICANE
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Bottom line is that you can't force guys to sign. Bills are making every attempt to get better which says a lot.

Strongman
03-15-2015, 02:42 PM
He's reportedly good friends with the rest of the Pack's OL and Rodgers. I see the signing more of a hometown discount to keep them intact than snubbing the Bills.

Night Train
03-15-2015, 02:45 PM
It's like Hughes staying here. He likes where he is.

OpIv37
03-15-2015, 03:18 PM
The good news is that it shows management does value the OL.

The bad news is that the intention didn't lead to results.

Skooby
03-15-2015, 04:00 PM
No chance, we can only offer more snow and worse fishing.

YardRat
03-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Kind of ironic, considering the Packers were the first team to make a giant splash in free agency when the current system began.

Saratoga Slim
03-16-2015, 12:02 PM
I don't think you can blame anyone for wanting to play with Aaron Rodgers instead of EJ/Matt Cassell/Tie Rod. Or stay with the team that drafted him.

Like OP said, at least we tried. All we could do was offer more money.