• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

Deflate-gate

It's been two months now.

Are they gonna hold off on the report until AFTER the draft?

How long does it take to figure this thing out?

Everyone knows the Pats are cheaters, so what is Goodell waiting for?
    My tebya razdavim
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Deflate-gate

Hahaha

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      It's been two months now.

Are they gonna hold off on the report until AFTER the draft?

How long does it take to figure this thing out?

Everyone knows the Pats are cheaters, so what is Goodell waiting for?
      You love it so much. Why would you want it to end?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Good question. Apparently he's still celebrating another asterisked championship with his cabana-buddy Kraft, hoping everything blows over without any further inquiry.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jpdex12
          • Jan 2005

It's crap! Probably waiting for the a holes to win one more superbowl while using deflated balls to get there again. It's like the government, let time pass and the people will forget about it. What a joke. Like Barry Bonds, put an asterisk next to the losers!
          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
            • Aug 2013

Everything went according to plan.

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Pretty much! It might not have been a big deal but I'm sure Bonds, Sosa, McGwire and Raphy didn't think it was a big deal either gaining a little bit of an edge.
              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

just watch how the cheaters fumble numbers will magically come back to the pack

yeah no we were totally not cheating at all. and the dog ate my homework

btw - i actually had that happen once, dog ate my homework. teacher asked me what happened i said you will never believe me so forget it. lmao true story
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• upstart
                  Sir Osis of Liver
                  • Sep 2006

Repeat after me boys- "The New England Patriots -Super Bowl Champions "

Thank you.
                  The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by upstart View Post
                    The New England Patriots - Super Bowl Champions*
                    Fixed that for ya, big guy.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I don't even care..

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

They'll get some slap on the wrist during training camp, wouldn't want to piss off Bilbo Kraft anymore.

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Here's the wikipedia page...

Origin of the investigation

Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, speaking at the 2015 NFL Combine, stated that "prior to the AFC Championship Game, we notified the league about our concerns" that the Patriots might be using under-inflated footballs."[31] A New York Post article noted that Grigson's claim implied that the NFL had advance knowledge of the issue and was trying to run a sting operation, contradicting Dean Blandino's claim that it was an issue that "came up in the first half."[31] The claim also contradicts NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent's statement that Grigson notified the league "during the second quarter of the game."[32]

Allegation of tampering by the Colts

Former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason has implied (although stopped shortly of openly suggesting) that the fact that the only significantly underinflated ball was also the only ball which was in the Colts' possession might be related to a conspiracy between the Indianapolis Colts and the Baltimore Ravens to embarrass the Patriots following a spat which had arisen between the Ravens and the Patriots during their earlier playoff game.[49] The unstated implication is that the Colts may have tampered with that ball to enable them to subsequently falsely accuse the Patriots of cheating. Esiason cites closeness of the relationship between the coaches Chuck Pagano and John Harbaugh, and the fact that the only ball seriously under the 12.5 PSI threshold was the ball in the Colts' possession. In addition, a large proportion of the leaks damaging to the Patriots (many of which were later proven incorrect) came from Indianapolis media, including Colts media employee Bob Kravitz, who broke the story within a few hours of the game ending.

Mike Kensil has been directly tied to this theory,[50] which could explain the contradictory reports. At first it was reported that Colts defensive player D'Qwell Jackson noticed the ball was under-inflated immediately. Later it was reported that Jackson wanted to keep the ball as a souvenir; common practice would be to hand the ball to the equipment manager for safekeeping. As far as this report goes, the equipment manager immediately noticed the ball was under-inflated, which was what led to the Colts alerting the officials and the subsequent investigation. However, a report surfaced on the 17th of February that was completely contradictory to both of the previous reports (especially the one already confirmed by NFL media members and officials), stating that what started the investigation was the Patriots attempting to place an illegal kicking ball in the game. This was irreconcilable with the other confirmed report, which added plausibility to the framing theory.

So, the question still remains, WHY did Ryan Grigson have a suspicion the Pats were intentionally under-inflating the footballs?

Who did he report this to at the NFL before the game? Was it Kensil? And why was he calling the league during the 2nd quarter? Was it BEFORE or AFTER they got their hands on the Pat's game ball that they turned over to the league?

My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                          X