PDA

View Full Version : Here's a rebuttle for those who know complain about our Oline!

jpdex12
03-16-2015, 12:43 PM
2014/ 2013 /2012
Rank 25/ 2 /6
Carries 402/ 546 /442
Yards 1482 /2307 /2217
YPC 3.7 /4.2/ 5
YPG 92.6/ 144.2 /138.6
TDs 7 /15 /12
So, if you deducted the amount of times we carried the ball last year from 2013 and multiplied that by the YPC we averaged last year, that drops the total yards to 1703 which is more than 2014’s totals. Our YPC was greater in 2013 with the same line and running backs we had this past season. Oh, same coaches too. You clowns that are arguing and expecting the same as last year with the same lineman are clueless. We could end up with the #2 rushing attack again this year, there is no telling. If the same guys were capable of doing this in 2013 then there is no reason why not to believe they can’t do it again this coming year. And yes, you pessimists can argue that we could land at the #25 ranked rushing attack again as well. I doubt that will happen with Rex Ryan and Roman as they are always run strong teams. IF this line was able to do that in 2013 then I’d say they can in 2015.
Who is to say that if we signed some of the top OL guys we could end up with still a poor running team? There are a lot of factors besides personnel that determine your success with running the ball. We no doubt underperformed last year in the run game but how did the running defenses stack up that we played against compared to years prior? Maybe we played more run tough teams in 2014? Maybe the coaches changed their blocking schemes?
It’s the second week of FA and despite what you want to think there are still some very decent linemen out there in FA and that also could be traded for (like Evans from the Saints or Mathis from the Eagles) that could give us more talent. We could use the first two picks in the draft on top 5 linemen as well.
Quit being pessimistic idiots blaming your lousy attitudes on the last 15 years.We are under new ownership with a new proven coach and young front office guys that are making things happen. People ***** about trading for Watkins when we could have had OB Jr. Did you know OBJ or Evans would have years like that before the draft? Whaley made a bold move and did something we have been wishing for to help put us on the map and you complain? We don’t have a first round pick this year when none of the QBs are worth a frig so let’s commit suicide.I wish all of you would just leave and go root for someone else because you taint my existence and others as true fans. You’re the same people that want to sit around and botch about everything but don’t want to do anything about it. Losers!

ParanoidAndroid
03-16-2015, 12:52 PM
*rebuttal

jpdex12
03-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks dude!

YardRat
03-16-2015, 12:58 PM
So every major category has gone done substantially over a three-year period and that means there isn't an issue that needs to be addressed? I feel better now.

For the record, I think those numbers will improve, maybe dramatically, with the change in coaching and another year's experience for the young guys but there are too many question marks that need to be answered to be completely confident that it will actually happen. Considering how much Glenn and Wood regressed from the prior two seasons, and how much Richardson and Henderson regressed as the season wore on, and the fact that Kouandijo had so much trouble getting to the point where he could even dress for gameday, and the uncertainty about Incognito being able to return to form, it would be nice to pick up at least one free agent for a safety valve or plan B if something does go wrong with Plan A.

Jesus, if we can bring in two (most likely three) QB's to plug in 'just in case', we could at the very least bring in one offensive lineman for the same reason. I don't think that's too much to expect.

ParanoidAndroid
03-16-2015, 01:03 PM
No problem.... I posted something similar to this not too long ago, asking the question: Why did this O-line made up of virtually the same players regress so badly? The answer has to be fund somewhere in the scheme, injuries, and experimentation with different players at guard.

EDS
03-16-2015, 01:14 PM
2014/ 2013 /2012
Rank 25/ 2 /6
Carries 402/ 546 /442
Yards 1482 /2307 /2217
YPC 3.7 /4.2/ 5
YPG 92.6/ 144.2 /138.6
TDs 7 /15 /12
So, if you deducted the amount of times we carried the ball last year from 2013 and multiplied that by the YPC we averaged last year, that drops the total yards to 1703 which is more than 2014’s totals. Our YPC was greater in 2013 with the same line and running backs we had this past season. Oh, same coaches too. You clowns that are arguing and expecting the same as last year with the same lineman are clueless. We could end up with the #2 rushing attack again this year, there is no telling. If the same guys were capable of doing this in 2013 then there is no reason why not to believe they can’t do it again this coming year. And yes, you pessimists can argue that we could land at the #25 ranked rushing attack again as well. I doubt that will happen with Rex Ryan and Roman as they are always run strong teams. IF this line was able to do that in 2013 then I’d say they can in 2015.
Who is to say that if we signed some of the top OL guys we could end up with still a poor running team? There are a lot of factors besides personnel that determine your success with running the ball. We no doubt underperformed last year in the run game but how did the running defenses stack up that we played against compared to years prior? Maybe we played more run tough teams in 2014? Maybe the coaches changed their blocking schemes?
It’s the second week of FA and despite what you want to think there are still some very decent linemen out there in FA and that also could be traded for (like Evans from the Saints or Mathis from the Eagles) that could give us more talent. We could use the first two picks in the draft on top 5 linemen as well.
Quit being pessimistic idiots blaming your lousy attitudes on the last 15 years.We are under new ownership with a new proven coach and young front office guys that are making things happen. People ***** about trading for Watkins when we could have had OB Jr. Did you know OBJ or Evans would have years like that before the draft? Whaley made a bold move and did something we have been wishing for to help put us on the map and you complain? We don’t have a first round pick this year when none of the QBs are worth a frig so let’s commit suicide.I wish all of you would just leave and go root for someone else because you taint my existence and others as true fans. You’re the same people that want to sit around and botch about everything but don’t want to do anything about it. Losers!

Remind me again how many starters from the 2012/2013 line will likely be starting in 2015. I must be missing someone because by my count it only seems like there will be 2 (Wood and Glenn), unless Urbik has a career resurrection. Between the change in personnel and coaching/schemes it seems difficult to draw any conclusion from the numbers you referenced in your post.

jpdex12
03-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Just typical human nature to dwell on the most recent negative aspect rather than positive optimism especially after 15 years of crap. Optimism helps some people look forward to waking up tomorrow! New coach, new owners, new beginning? Give it a chance.

jpdex12
03-16-2015, 01:36 PM
I hope those negative nancies don't think they can jump on the bandwagon when things get even better. 9-7 is a good start from where we were. Seems like every day the handful of miserable *****s on here do their damnedest to crap in everyone's salad. I hope when they try to climb aboard they feel what it's like to know they don't truly belong where the rest of us that BILLieve do!

Night Train
03-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I HATE brussel sprouts ! I've hated them FAR longer than 15 years !