PDA

View Full Version : Wilfork to the Texans

DynaPaul
03-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Well this is a major hit to their d-line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/vince-wilfork-says-hes-joining-texans/

djjimkelly
03-16-2015, 03:47 PM
this will be the biggest loss the pats could have besides losing brady or belichek

better days
03-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Wilfork could hardly move last year, but with more time to heal, he may play better this year than last.

Looks like the Pats* are drafting a Nose Tackle HIGH.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-16-2015, 04:22 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/vince-wilfork-says-hes-joining-texans/

as much as i hope you're correct, i feel like we say the same s*** every year.

omg, Mankins? Omg, no more moss. Omg, no more welker. omg, no richard seymour. etc etc etc etc

yet every god damned f***ing year, the cheating *****s beat our ass twice a year.

OpIv37
03-16-2015, 04:44 PM
as much as i hope you're correct, i feel like we say the same s*** every year.

omg, Mankins? Omg, no more moss. Omg, no more welker. omg, no richard seymour. etc etc etc etc

yet every god damned f***ing year, the cheating *****s beat our ass twice a year.
That's how it works around here.

The Bills lose a starter? "don't worry-we can replace him in the sixth round of the draft or someone else's camp cuts!"

The Patriots lose a starter? "OMG! Their reign is over!"

better days
03-16-2015, 04:50 PM

The Bills lose a starter? "don't worry-we can replace him in the sixth round of the draft or someone else's camp cuts!"

Hey Op, I guess you didn't hear, Hughes resigned with the Bills.

OpIv37
03-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Hey Op, I guess you didn't hear, Hughes resigned with the Bills.

And your point being?

I commented on how fans here react when we lose starters vs how they react when the Patriots lose starters. I didn't say anything about how many or which starters we lost.

Btw we did lose Searcy and I believe your response was something the effect of "in the box safeties are easy to replace." Case and point.

stuckincincy
03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Wilfork could hardly move last year, but with more time to heal, he may play better this year than last.

Looks like the Pats* are drafting a Nose Tackle HIGH.

He's never been a big sack player. Got 24 solo tackles, 23 assists last season - less that his best seasons, but close to his career average.

What he does bring, is that he's pretty much an immovable object. When he's lined up against your offense, you have to account for that.

ICRockets
03-16-2015, 05:41 PM
And your point being?

I commented on how fans here react when we lose starters vs how they react when the Patriots lose starters. I didn't say anything about how many or which starters we lost.

Btw we did lose Searcy and I believe your response was something the effect of "in the box safeties are easy to replace." Case and point.

I mean, surely you of all people can acknowledge that the bills don't typically lose players that are the same caliber of player the patriots lose. Believe it or not, there are actually a myriad of factors that go into how some of us text to things. We can't all just say "did the bills do something today? If so, it was a TERRIBLE HUGE MISTAKE!"

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2015, 05:56 PM
We play the Texans in Buffalo this year.

I'm glad we have posters here who with their positive energy will enable us to run the ball against a pretty good Texan's DL.

justasportsfan
03-16-2015, 06:00 PM
this will be the biggest loss the pats could have besides losing brady or belichek
Huh? He wasn't his dominating self last by at and they did fine. Its Revis they will miss bigtime

OpIv37
03-16-2015, 08:07 PM
I mean, surely you of all people can acknowledge that the bills don't typically lose players that are the same caliber of player the patriots lose. Believe it or not, there are actually a myriad of factors that go into how some of us text to things. We can't all just say "did the bills do something today? If so, it was a TERRIBLE HUGE MISTAKE!"

Well obviously the Bills make lots of great moves. That's why they haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years and have only been above .500 twice in that span. How dare anyone be skeptical of a team with that impeccable track record!

Novacane
03-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Are you saying 6th round picks don't usually amount to anything?

OpIv37
03-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Are you saying 6th round picks don't usually amount to anything?

I'm saying that 6th round picks usually don't instantly replace starters.

Woodman
03-16-2015, 08:36 PM
This is gonna kill the Pats run D period.

VW you finally left the nest Great news for the AFC East.

chris66
03-17-2015, 04:54 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/vince-wilfork-says-hes-joining-texans/Pats did release him. So it wasnt unsuspected

better days
03-17-2015, 08:12 AM
And your point being?

I did not say that at all about Searcy.

Whaley said Searcy would want to be PAID & the Bills already had that money invested in Aaron Williams.

The fact is Wilfork when healthy is a beast.

He was not healthy last year.

Questionable how well he plays this year.

I think the Pats* could draft someone that is better than Wilfork is today.

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Wilfork is almost done. Guys that big don't play as long as he has at such a high level. It's unheard of. His body (knees) have to be pissed.

Guy's one of the best. I'm glad he's not a Patriot anymore.

Jeff1220
03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
JJ. Watt's sack numbers just went up.

EDS
03-18-2015, 09:45 AM
J.J. Watt has dominated with mediocre talent around him. Will be interesting to see what he can do if Wilfork has anything left in the tank and Clowney can play even a little.

DynaPaul
03-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Wilfork is almost done. Guys that big don't play as long as he has at such a high level. It's unheard of. His body (knees) have to be pissed.

Guy's one of the best. I'm glad he's not a Patriot anymore.

Pat Williams disagrees with you. This is a big loss as well as losing the meat of their secondary. Looks like their D will rely on gimmicks next year.

stuckincincy
03-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Pat Williams disagrees with you. This is a big loss as well as losing the meat of their secondary. Looks like their D will rely on gimmicks next year.

stuckincincy
03-18-2015, 11:05 AM

Right you are, regarding players like Wilfork and Pat Williams:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/12/defensive-line-techniques-the-prototypes/

Additional info:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/03/hyping-the-hybrids/

Mr. Pink
03-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Yes, like Wolfork was a big loss to the Pats in 2013 right? You know when he had a season ending injury after playing only 4 games.

Oh they went 12-4 that year?

Yeah, big loss.

stuckincincy
03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes, like Wolfork was a big loss to the Pats in 2013 right? You know when he had a season ending injury after playing only 4 games.

Oh they went 12-4 that year?

Yeah, big loss.

What's your problem with him? He's been a heck of a player all of his career. If BUF didn't have a tub like Dareus, didn't p*ss away a tub like Pat Williams years ago, folks would be jumping for joy if the team obtained a tub like Wilfork.

And in 2004, BUF chose WR Lee Evans. They could have selected Wilfork, who went at the #21 spot to NE...

Sour grapes? :handball:

Mr. Pink
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM
What's your problem with him? He's been a heck of a player all of his career. If BUF didn't have a tub like Dareus, didn't p*ss away a tub like Pat Williams years ago, folks would be jumping for joy if the team obtained a tub like Wilfork.

And in 2004, BUF chose WR Lee Evans. They could have selected Wilfork, who went at the #21 spot to NE...

Sour grapes? :handball:

What sour grapes?

Wilfork went down in 2013, the Pats plugged in someone else's cut 6th round draft pick in Chris Jones and he went out and got 30 tackles and 6 sacks in 11 games. Jones was actually cut twice before ending up on the Pats. Drafted by Houston, picked up by Tampa and then onto New England.

And here's what Wilfork did last year....28 tackles.

As I said, big loss.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-18-2015, 11:38 AM
What sour grapes?

Wilfork went down in 2013, the Pats plugged in someone else's cut 6th round draft pick in Chris Jones and he went out and got 30 tackles and 6 sacks in 11 games. Jones was actually cut twice before ending up on the Pats. Drafted by Houston, picked up by Tampa and then onto New England.

As I said, big loss.

as long as brady and belicheat are still around and cheating, you could probably plug me in at NT (all 170 pounds of me) for them and they'll still go 12-4.

exaggerating of course, but the point being is they don't ever seem to miss a beat no matter who's there

Mr. Pink
03-18-2015, 11:43 AM
as long as brady and belicheat are still around and cheating, you could probably plug me in at NT (all 170 pounds of me) for them and they'll still go 12-4.

exaggerating of course, but the point being is they don't ever seem to miss a beat no matter who's there

That's exactly my point.

Wilfork being gone will make absolutely no difference, just like losing Seymour, Spikes, Law, Samuel, Harrison, Bruschi, etc made no difference.

stuckincincy
03-18-2015, 11:46 AM
What sour grapes?

As I said, big loss.

Stop cherry-picking stats (and seasons) to suit your agenda.

Last season, Wilfork had 47 total tackle credits - 24 solo and 23 assists.

Dareus' numbers were 49, 36, and 13.

When you put up tackle numbers for interior DL players, you have to find a way to factor in how the opposition deals with getting around them, how many OL moves and RB run lanes they disrupt simply by being large and largely immovable. You don't have to make, or be in on a tackle, to have an effect on the outcome of a play.

Wilfork has been a force for 10 years. Minus the year you hang your agenda on, I suppose.

But who knows? Perhaps his body has run out of gas. I guess we shall see, but with all this insane $ being flung around, I see nothing wrong with HOU giving him a go.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Stop cherry-picking stats (and seasons) to suit your agenda.

Last season, Wilfork had 47 total tackle credits - 24 solo and 23 assists.

Dareus' numbers were 49, 36, and 13.

When you put up tackle numbers for interior DL players, you have to find a way to factor in how the opposition deals with getting around them, how many OL moves and RB run lanes they disrupt simply by being large and largely immovable. You don't have to make, or be in on a tackle, to have an effect on the outcome of a play.

Wilfork has been a force for 10 years. Minus the year you hang your agenda on, I suppose.

But who knows? Perhaps his body has run out of gas. I guess we shall see, but with all this insane $ being flung around, I see nothing wrong with HOU giving him a go.

Alright fine...cherry picking stats...

Chris Jones had more sacks in 2013 playing in place of Wilfork than Wilfork has had in any single season during his career.

Oh yeah Jones also had 31 assists as well for a total of 61 tackles.

Wilfork has greater than 60 tackles once in his career and has never had more than 3.5 sacks in a season.

DynaPaul
03-18-2015, 05:28 PM
He's got plenty of gas since his role is basically to be a brick wall in the middle of the line. That doesn't require athleticism, only mass and strength.

ICRockets
03-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Take it from someone who knows, a guy Wilfork's size has no shortage of gas.