PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub released by the Raiders

better days
03-16-2015, 04:47 PM
So do we add another QB to the mix?

I say why not?

YardRat
03-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Sure, what the hell. It's not like there are any other positions that need to be upgraded, we're pretty set everywhere else.

better days
03-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Sure, what the hell. It's not like there are any other positions that need to be upgraded, we're pretty set everywhere else.

I think Schaub should be a CHEAP add & won't affect anything else we want to do.

Ed
03-16-2015, 04:52 PM
I would much rather have Matt Schaub over Matt Cassel, but it's too late now.

SpikedLemonade
03-16-2015, 04:55 PM
I doubt Schaub would be interested in joining a then 4 QB competition.

He will want a little security to show up and to be at least guaranteed the back up position.

We can't give him that.

better days
03-16-2015, 04:55 PM

Why?

Ed
03-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Why?
Because they already traded for Cassel. I'd want Schaub instead of Cassel, but there's no room for him now.

Mr. Pink
03-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Matt Schaub is done.

Unless he feels the need to collect another paycheck, he's on the way to retirement.

By the start of pre-season football he'll be a 34 year old hasbeen.

Ed
03-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Matt Schaub is done.

Unless he feels the need to collect another paycheck, he's on the way to retirement.

By the start of pre-season football he'll be a 34 year old hasbeen.
And Cassel will be a 33 year old neverwas.

Meathead
03-16-2015, 05:18 PM
dont think ive ever seen a qb hit the wall as hard as schaub. it was like one minute he was good and the next minute bam major suckitude

mightysimi
03-16-2015, 07:44 PM
His arm is pure noodle these days.

Novacane
03-16-2015, 08:07 PM

Why is it to late? Bring him in too!

Albany,n.y.
03-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Let's bring every washed up & never was QB into camp so we can get 50 QBs who can each get 1 minute of playing time during the exhibition season.

Are we really going to have to see a post of the guy's name every time someone becomes available who would have been a good acquisition 5-10 years ago?

Night Train
03-17-2015, 04:01 AM

Lets bring in 9 of them, then complain when the press mentions any other position.

swiper
03-17-2015, 05:36 AM

I say why not?

Schaub is better than anyone currently on the roster. So yes.

swiper
03-17-2015, 05:39 AM
Because they already traded for Cassel. I'd want Schaub instead of Cassel, but there's no room for him now.

Shows that Whaley blew it again. The Raiders would have easily accepted the Bills draft picks for this player. Whaley should have gone after Schaub instead of Cassel.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Shows that Whaley blew it again. The Raiders would have easily accepted the Bills draft picks for this player. Whaley should have gone after Schaub instead of Cassel.

You think a guy in Whaley's position in NFL gets Sschaub's release just like you and I do from the press? Com'on. Whatever line of work you do, just think of your industry ...

I can guaranetee you the Raiders made 15 calls, if not 32 before they released Schaub. That's just about for anyone teams wants to get rid, except for guy like Peyton Manning when he's still with Indy.

Guys getting released because no one wants to trade for them.

A more insteresting question would be what is the Bills pro-personnel department's grading on the QBs. The Bills clearly didn't jump on Tampa's McCown trade bait, but jumped on Vikings.

Skooby
03-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Bring them all in and lets see who looks the worst.

jimmifli
03-17-2015, 08:38 AM
I think Schaub still has a little left in the tank and can be successful in the NFL again. I'd be happy if he came to Buffalo, he was still my first choice of all the available QBs.

justasportsfan
03-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Bring him in.

Maybe Roman can resurrect Shaubs career like he did Alex Smith by making him a caretaker.

I would take Shaub ,shove him in competition vs. Cassel and Co.

justasportsfan
03-17-2015, 09:11 AM

I say why not?I agree.

we don't have the luxury of drafting a qbs with our picks especially in a bad qb draft class . The seashawks kept bringing in qb's until they found one.

Meathead
03-17-2015, 11:18 AM
is a seashawk really a bird

Yasgur's Farm
03-17-2015, 11:34 AM
You mean Matt "The Ferragamo" Schaub? No thanks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Ferragamo

Ed
03-17-2015, 11:46 AM
I realize that they could still technically bring Schaub in, but why would they? If they really liked Schaub better they could have easily traded less than they did for Cassel and his cap hit would be about the same. Maybe Schaub is finished, I don't know, I just liked the idea of bringing in a vet that's actually had some decent success before, unlike Cassel. Assuming they work out a deal for Clay, I don't think they have the cap space for Schaub and I don't see them using what little they'll have left to add a 5th qb. Maybe they add a rookie for the practice squad, but they're not going to cut EJ and I don't see them keeping Cassel or Schaub as a 3rd qb. I think their intention was to add one veteran qb with experience and that guy was Cassel.

casdhf
03-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Schaub is broken and used up. I hope he retires and has a healthy post-NFL life.

Mr. Pink
03-17-2015, 02:12 PM
I heard that Tim Tebow is available, maybe should sign him too.

While we're at it, Rex Grossman is always looking for work.

Make it a big old competition of suck!

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2015, 02:44 PM
I heard that Tim Tebow is available, maybe should sign him too.

While we're at it, Rex Grossman is always looking for work.

Make it a big old competition of suck!
Trent Edwards is still looking for work.

And Vince Young.

Mr. Pink
03-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Trent Edwards is still looking for work.

And Vince Young.

Exactly!

Call em up!

Yasgur's Farm
03-17-2015, 02:52 PM
JP LOSMAN!!!