Tim Graham Says Dolphins Have, "Lost Patience," and, "Moved On," From Charles Clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Tim Graham Says Dolphins Have, "Lost Patience," and, "Moved On," From Charles Clay

Joe Buscaglia thinks the Bills will soon sign Clay.

For now, #ClayWatch continues, with the next step likely being an offer sheet being sent over by the Bills and signed by Clay.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Tim Graham Says Dolphins Have, "Lost Patience," and, "Moved On," From Charles Cla

I hope he comes cheaper than some of the numbers initially reported.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Re: Tim Graham Says Dolphins Have, "Lost Patience," and, "Moved On," From Charles Cla

Clay's contract will more than likely be front loaded with a big signing bonus that will offset his cap hit.

I think Whaley made the right move by not giving Clay an offer sheet when he came to Buffalo last week.

That was a smart no move because it would have given Miami the upper hand in negotiations. All they would have to do is match the offer, but Whaley didn't make one.

"Strategery."

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

I'm not that familiar with Clay as a player, can someone please make a case to why we're hunting him ??

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Dolphins have lost patience with him? Yeah well, so have I.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            I'm not that familiar with Clay as a player, can someone please make a case to why we're hunting him ??
            Because the Bills have no proven tight ends on their roster after releasing Chandler, and haven't had a good tight end since when?

Comment

• wmoz11
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              Why? He isn't controlling this situation. He has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                Because the Bills have no proven tight ends on their roster after releasing Chandler, and haven't had a good tight end since when?
                Proven what ??

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  Patience, Mr. Miyagi. The Dolphins had 5 days to match any offer made by another team, and the Bills were super smart not to make an offer.

Whaley had to play the game, and wait. Smart move, because Miami signed Jordan Cameron in the middle of it all.

If Whaley made an offer, Miami would have matched it by now.

Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

I can't.

They inked Harvin, have Watkins and Woods, McCoy who I assume will get tosses. They also dumped Chandler and Smith, both of which were scooped up and got contract $ that surprised many. I once looked up the BUF drafting of TEs - tons of them, yet never what one would call a featured receiver. The last one was Warlick, and that was 50 years ago.

If their aim is to try to pound the ball as the club seems to be implying (in the face of the liberal passing rules, duh) they should go and get a TE that is more an extra OT than a TE.

Why would they want to get a TE with nifty hands and pattern running when they seemingly aim to spread the passes to Watkins/Woods/Harvin/McCoy?
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Proven what ??
                      Oh come on! You know, those tight endzes like the Jay Riemersmasasus, Lonnie Jonhsonses, Royals's's, and Pet Metzlarzuskis of the the NFL.

"Who?"

Good point, MMD.

The Bills haven't had a good tight end since before I was born.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        I can't.

They inked Harvin, have Watkins and Woods, McCoy who I assume will get tosses. They also dumped Chandler and Smith, both of which were scooped up and got contract $ that surprised many. I once looked up the BUF drafting of TEs - tons of them, yet never what one would call a featured receiver. The last one was Warlick, and that was 50 years ago.

If their aim is to try to pound the ball as the club seems to be implying (in the face of the liberal passing rules, duh) they should go and get a TE that is more an extra OT than a TE.

Why would they want to get a TE with nifty hands and pattern running when they seemingly aim to spread the passes to Watkins/Woods/Harvin/McCoy?
                        A big nifty TE that can block and catch. That's Charles Clay.

He could seriously be the best tight end the Bills have ever had.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Clay is 6' 3" and 255 lbs. I would not call him big.

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                            Patience, Mr. Miyagi. The Dolphins had 5 days to match any offer made by another team, and the Bills were super smart not to make an offer.

Whaley had to play the game, and wait. Smart move, because Miami signed Jordan Cameron in the middle of it all.

If Whaley made an offer, Miami would have matched it by now.

Good things come to those who wait.
                            Not so sure. Back then they still had Ellerbe and Wallace on the roster. Now they have cap room and seem to me more likely to match.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Tony Hunter (TE) was drafted by the Bills before Jim Kelly.

Unreal.

Makes me feel better about the Bills QB situation.

Looking like the Bills will sign Clay in the next day or two.

Just turned 26 in February. Clay is in his prime as an NFL player.

Cap hit?

Less than $5 million for his first 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X