PDA

View Full Version : Obama hates the Bills

YardRat
03-17-2015, 04:20 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/16/stateline-obama-proposal-taxpayer-subsidized-sports-stadiums/24845355/

If President Obama has his way, the nation's taxpayers would not help finance a new arena proposed for the Milwaukee Bucks professional basketball team.

Nor would taxpayer-financed, tax-free bonds be used to help finance a new stadium being discussed in St. Louis for the NFL Rams, or in Oakland for a new complex aimed at keeping the area's professional football, baseball and basketball franchises from leaving town.
An obscure item in the president's new budget would put an end to the long-standing practice of states and cities using tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports arenas, a practice that costs the U.S. Treasury $146 million, according to a 2012 Bloomberg analysis (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-05/in-stadium-building-spree-u-s-taxpayers-lose-4-billion).

The proposal comes as many team owners are pressing cities and states for new facilities, with some threatening to move elsewhere if they don't get them. State and local officials are wary of seeing pro teams depart, taking prestige and tax revenue with them. But they are also taxpayer-minded and budget-conscious.

justasportsfan
03-17-2015, 04:22 PM
The bills are an american team. He hates america.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Bills embarrased his Bears in the home opener

paladin warrior
03-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Lol. Ya that true yardrat- I bet Obama really like Patriot because He know all about Patriot cheater . And I bet Bill B and Tom B told Obama. "Sssshh- hey Obama. We did cheating ssshh- pls keep secret Obama okay "

Meathead
03-17-2015, 04:32 PM
he only half hates the bills

SpikedLemonade
03-17-2015, 04:34 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/16/stateline-obama-proposal-taxpayer-subsidized-sports-stadiums/24845355/

If President Obama has his way, the nation's taxpayers would not help finance a new arena proposed for the Milwaukee Bucks professional basketball team.

Nor would taxpayer-financed, tax-free bonds be used to help finance a new stadium being discussed in St. Louis for the NFL Rams, or in Oakland for a new complex aimed at keeping the area's professional football, baseball and basketball franchises from leaving town.
An obscure item in the president's new budget would put an end to the long-standing practice of states and cities using tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports arenas, a practice that costs the U.S. Treasury $146 million, according to a 2012 Bloomberg analysis (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-05/in-stadium-building-spree-u-s-taxpayers-lose-4-billion).

The proposal comes as many team owners are pressing cities and states for new facilities, with some threatening to move elsewhere if they don't get them. State and local officials are wary of seeing pro teams depart, taking prestige and tax revenue with them. But they are also taxpayer-minded and budget-conscious.

He's right.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because he did not grow up with football in Kenya right dumb***?

swiper
03-17-2015, 04:38 PM
he only half hates the bills

I'm debating. Should I go with "which half?" or "but he really likes what Whaley is doing" as my response here?

Skooby
03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
This is part of his re-distribution plan, you go to work and he sends your money to someone that refuses to work but voted for him.

BuffaloRedleg
03-17-2015, 04:48 PM
:couch:

WagonCircler
03-17-2015, 04:56 PM
He needs that money to arm the Muslim Brotherhood.

swiper
03-17-2015, 04:57 PM
They already have guns.

WagonCircler
03-17-2015, 05:01 PM
They already have guns.

They need to replenish the weapons ands ammo that Obama gave them that they used killing Chris Stevens and other Americans.

swiper
03-17-2015, 05:05 PM
And you posit that the POTUS is assisting in getting them weapons to do this?

SpikedLemonade
03-17-2015, 05:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsaxyraBdQ8

Don't Panic
03-17-2015, 07:56 PM
I feel dumber for having read this thread.

jimmifli
03-17-2015, 08:06 PM
The fact that the NFL is able to extort publicly funded stadiums out of cities is embarrassing. Surely there's a better use of taxpayer's money than subsidizing billionaire's toys?

jimmifli
03-17-2015, 08:28 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uhY9Zxv1-oo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notacon
03-17-2015, 11:04 PM

:rofl: Stupidity knows no bounds when it comes to wing nuts. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

President Obama "hates" the Bills?!?!? :rofl: Wow. You are looking more and more like a typical right wing dope Yardrat.

notacon
03-17-2015, 11:04 PM
He needs that money to arm the Muslim Brotherhood.

:rofl: Another no brain wing nut. :rofl:

YardRat
03-18-2015, 05:15 AM
Good timing for us, actually, if it does come to fruition...at least Pegs has the financial capability to pony up if he has to, and wants to. It'll be interesting to see how other municipalities react, and what effect it could have on them generating revenue from new stadiums in the future.

YardRat
03-18-2015, 05:17 AM

- - - Updated - - -

President Obama "hates" the Bills?!?!? :rofl: Wow. You are looking more and more like a typical right wing dope Yardrat.

It's a joke notty, get a grip.

Historian
03-18-2015, 06:37 AM
Mercyrule would be ashamed of this thread...

DetDannyWilliams
03-18-2015, 06:43 AM
The Jacobs family already came out and said that they would like to work with the Pegula's on getting a new stadium built...it's just a matter of time.

CommissarSpartacus
03-18-2015, 07:02 AM
What's wrong with the Ralph?

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2015, 07:21 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Lighten up Francis

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2015, 07:26 AM
What's wrong with the Ralph?

I love the place, but it seems that some of the basic infrastructure is a big deal now.

Things like the current age of technology such as how games are broadcast now and the ability to help promote things like WiFi and other electronic means aren't really built into it.

With everything needing to be current to feed the insane demands of the cash cow that's the NFL I just don't know if it's viable anymore, without totally rebuilding the place.

Not to mention, I think the goal of Pegula wants to get everything they own downtown. They'll have the Sabres, Bills, Harbor Center and other likely goodies (i.e. sports network? Convention centers? ) all in the same area.

Pinkerton Security
03-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Not to mention, I think the goal of Pegula wants to get everything they own downtown. They'll have the Sabres, Bills, Harbor Center and other likely goodies (i.e. sports network? Convention centers? ) all in the same area.

I just went to my first pro sporting event in Philly recently and their setup is sweet as hell - having all the stadiums right in one area seems really cool to me. This would be awesome to have

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 08:21 AM

People love to spout off about how a stadium would have no economic impact on Downtown, but that's only true if viewed in a vacuum. If a stadium had been added 25 years ago, when not much was happening Downtown, then it may not have improved things much. But when added to the development that's happened recently, it would greatly help momentum toward a goal of something similar to what Baltimore has done with their Inner Harbor. Adding a new football stadium, especially a retractable one, would (actually WILL) mean year round activity in the area between Canalside and the Old First Ward, which would make it much more attractive for other businesses and residential developers (including a Wegmans, hopefully).

sukie
03-18-2015, 08:41 AM
That 146 Million could fund a slew of new CO2 trace gas of death studies.

BuffaloRedleg
03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
He did just pick UB to upset. Maybe he read this thread.

Some of you guys just can't help yourself, like uncles destroying my Facebook feed.

DynaPaul
03-18-2015, 11:03 AM
I like it. Why should the public be on the hook for funding a stadium that makes money for a small group of people that already has non-profit status anyway?

notacon
03-18-2015, 01:47 PM
It's a joke notty, get a grip.

Not for everyone here, and only a "joke" after I call out the stupidity of these comments. I've seen these people comment before. They are dead serious.

stuckincincy
03-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Not for everyone here, and only a "joke" after I call out the stupidity of these comments. I've seen these people comment before. They are dead serious.

Why isn't our Teleprompter-In-Chief wagging his royal finger at this gross income inequality evinced by these multi-million dollar NFL contracts?

Oops - that "narrative" is a couple months old, and abandoned.

pmoon6
03-18-2015, 02:46 PM
It's a joke notty, get a grip.Their is no joking about POTUS for Nutty.....unless he/she is a republican.

He's a partisan tool.

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2015, 03:27 PM

No, it was pretty clear that he meant it as a joke.

Lighten up. Ye Gods.

Novacane
03-18-2015, 04:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

For someone who is :rofl: all the time you sure don't have a sense of humor!

Strongman
03-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't think public funds should be used to finance stadiums. I know some people think that the Ralph has outlived it's usefulness, but plenty of school children go to outdated schools that were built in the 1950's. According to my buddy who is in the DOT, we travel many bridges that are really structurally deficient and barely pass inspection.

http://t4america.org/maps-tools/bridges/

The point is there is better ways to spend our public funds.

YardRat
03-18-2015, 05:31 PM
I bet I can find a reason to post 'Hillary's emails say she hates the Bills' and push notty over the edge tomorrow.

CommissarSpartacus
03-19-2015, 11:14 AM
I love the place, but it seems that some of the basic infrastructure is a big deal now.

Things like the current age of technology such as how games are broadcast now and the ability to help promote things like WiFi and other electronic means aren't really built into it.

With everything needing to be current to feed the insane demands of the cash cow that's the NFL I just don't know if it's viable anymore, without totally rebuilding the place.

In other words, there's no real reason to vacate the Ralph other than opportunities for new revenue streams.

Well, if Pegula wants to pay for it, that's fine, but somehow I don't see subsidi2ing a new $Billion+ stadium as a necessity that will have a significant effect on the vast majority of fans.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2015, 11:26 AM
In other words, there's no real reason to vacate the Ralph other than opportunities for new revenue streams.

Well, if Pegula wants to pay for it, that's fine, but somehow I don't see subsidi2ing a new $Billion+ stadium as a necessity that will have a significant effect on the vast majority of fans.

I'm not big at all on public spending on toys for billionaires. You won't get an argument from me at all on that.

Certainly it would be nice if there was a new stadium. having been to Cleveland twice I'll attest to it being much nicer. More room to move, better technology, etc.

Of course, you could always accept the Historian's and my standing invite to visit us at the game and use one of our tickets, unless you're too good for us so you can evaluate it on your own.

justasportsfan
03-19-2015, 04:21 PM

Hey noty, is Obama shia or sunni Muslim? I forget

chris66
03-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Lol. Ya that true yardrat- I bet Obama really like Patriot because He know all about Patriot cheater . And I bet Bill B and Tom B told Obama. "Sssshh- hey Obama. We did cheating ssshh- pls keep secret Obama okay "
He probably likes the pats because kraft used his own money to build the stadium and infrastructure

Bill Cody
03-20-2015, 09:28 AM
He probably likes the pats because kraft used his own money to build the stadium and infrastructure

Yes on stadium. Not so much on infrastructure. Mass ponied up millions for that, look it up.

chris66
03-23-2015, 04:49 AM
Yes on stadium. Not so much on infrastructure. Mass ponied up millions for that, look it up.
Kraft paid back thr stste 75 million for the infrastructure

Jan Reimers
03-23-2015, 05:02 AM
I don't care so much for Obama, either, so to me it's a wash.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Hey noty, is Obama shia or sunni Muslim? I forget

Both. He's a politician.