PDA

View Full Version : Philip Rivers rumored to be playing last year with SD, might end up on trade block.

psubills62
03-17-2015, 07:57 PM
What do you think? Worth pursuing?

Walk-year QB Philip Rivers intends to play out the final season of his contract without a new deal.
"Honestly, nothing," was Rivers' response when asked if there was anything that would change his mind. Rivers has also changed course on the Chargers' stadium issue. Previously, he said it wouldn't affect talks. Now he says it will. "What we’ve established here with my growing family is hard to recreate," Rivers said. "The good thing is I’m not under contract in a year where we’d potentially be in Los Angeles." For his part, Chargers GM Tom Telesco declined to unequivocally say that Rivers wouldn't be dealt. "I don’t like Philip as our QB, I love him," Telesco said. "And I’ll go to war with him." Per reporter Kevin Acee, there's been speculation in league circles that the Bolts could target Oregon QB Marcus Mariota. Rivers' San Diego status is a back-burner issue that could begin to boil.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1813/philip-rivers

According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, there's been league-wide speculation that the Chargers "could be serious" about going after Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
Reporter Kevin Acee's report cites "numerous people in and around the league." The Bolts have scheduled a private workout with Mariota next month. It's unlikely Mariota would fall to the Chargers at No. 17, so a trade up would likely be necessary to secure his services. Per Acee, the speculation comes as Philip Rivers' Chargers future is up in the air. Rivers intends to play out the final year of his deal without an extension, while GM Tom Telesco wouldn't offer a blanket denial that Rivers could eventually be traded.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9385/marcus-mariota

Don't Panic
03-17-2015, 08:01 PM
I could see him benefitting from a coach like Rex, for personality anyway. I think he'd get him focused on the right things. It's going to cost a whole lot of $$$ to fit him into the cap as a FA though.

The Jokeman
03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
What do you think? Worth pursuing?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1813/philip-rivers

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9385/marcus-mariota
Teams with franchise QBs don't trade them away unless they feel they have another franchise QB in play to replace them. I can't even tell you who San Diego's backup is without looking? Also being they were in the playoff hunt a year ago I don't think they have what it takes to get Marota or Winston. Come 2016 when he's an UFA he's a guy to pursue but Eli's contract is coming due as well as a few other big name QBs too. Yet I'm not writing EJ off just yet.

YardRat
03-17-2015, 08:07 PM
When he refers to his 'growing family' is he talking about the team, or his family? If it's the team, everybody moving to LA shouldn't be a big deal...if it's his family, if he doesn't to leave SD for LA why would he want to go anywhere, especially the East Coast?

BuffaloRedleg
I think this is the guy we are going to target. He is one of the most talented players in the league and it is inexcusable how poorly that team is managed.

Just think, we've been waiting for 15 years to have our "guy" at QB.

They've had one almost all along and can't pull it together.

Skooby
The Bills have been the most active team in FA, so nothing is off the table.

psubills62
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Teams with franchise QBs don't trade them away unless they feel they have another franchise QB in play to replace them. I can't even tell you who San Diego's backup is without looking? Also being they were in the playoff hunt a year ago I don't think they have what it takes to get Marota or Winston.
I'm not the one reporting it, just thought it would be worth an offseason discussion thread, since the rumors are out there.

Atlanta traded up even further to get Julio Jones, IIRC. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Rivers himself seems to want to play out his last year without being extended. Even if SD can't get Mariota, if they're going to lose Rivers in the offseason anyway, they may want to trade him for a boatload of picks to another team rather than getting a couple of third round compensatory picks the year after he signs elsewhere.

YardRat
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM
I think this is the guy we are going to target. He is one of the most talented players in the league and it is inexcusable how poorly that team is managed.

Just think, we've been waiting for 15 years to have our "guy" at QB.

They've had one almost all along and can't pull it together.

Kinda tells you it's not all about the QB, even with today's rules.

Crisis
03-17-2015, 08:09 PM
When he refers to his 'growing family' is he talking about the team, or his family? If it's the team, everybody moving to LA shouldn't be a big deal...if it's his family, if he doesn't to leave SD for LA why would he want to go anywhere, especially the East Coast?

Felipe has like 6 kids, probably referring to that.

better days
03-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm not the one reporting it, just thought it would be worth an offseason discussion thread, since the rumors are out there.

Atlanta traded up even further to get Julio Jones, IIRC. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Rivers himself seems to want to play out his last year without being extended. Even if SD can't get Mariota, if they're going to lose Rivers in the offseason anyway, they may want to trade him for a boatload of picks to another team rather than getting a couple of third round compensatory picks the year after he signs elsewhere.

I think Rivers plays for the Chargers this year & tags & trades him next year.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-17-2015, 10:22 PM
We don't have the trade ammo to get him. But we should be nervous if they do some kind of deal with the Jets.

better days
03-17-2015, 10:28 PM
We don't have the trade ammo to get him. But we should be nervous if they do some kind of deal with the Jets.

The Chargers are playing in a crap hole of a stadium in San Diego this year.

Looks like they may move to LA next year.

If The Chargers trade Rivers this season, the Stadium in San Diego will be EMPTY.

BertSquirtgum
03-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Phil over Drew all day. Whatever is cost. Get him. If this ever becomes true that is....

better days
03-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Phil over Drew all day. Whatever is cost. Get him. If this ever becomes true that is....

I am with you, but I think it happens next year if at all.

psubills62
03-18-2015, 08:14 AM
If they look to trade him after this year's draft (for example, they do end up with Mariota), then we actually might have the ammunition. Could also consider a combination of players plus draft picks.

Strongman
03-18-2015, 08:18 AM
It's more likely the Cowboys will trade Romo before SD trades Rivers. Both are very unlikely to happen.

EDS
03-18-2015, 08:22 AM
If they look to trade him after this year's draft (for example, they do end up with Mariota), then we actually might have the ammunition. Could also consider a combination of players plus draft picks.

Since the Bills do not have a first round pick, they would have to give up Watkins and some picks, because San Diego would presumably want young controllable talent to develop along with Mariota.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 08:28 AM

His Aunt (his mother's sister) is a friend of mine, and client. He has a very large extended family in the Southeast and he has business interests in North Carolina. He's not a California type guy. I'm sure he plans to move back East after (or during) his career.

Unfortunately, the Bills have very little to trade, and no longer have the cap room to acquire him.

psubills62
03-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Since the Bills do not have a first round pick, they would have to give up Watkins and some picks, because San Diego would presumably want young controllable talent to develop along with Mariota.
I said if they want to trade him after this year's draft.

better days
03-18-2015, 08:38 AM

After this years draft, the Bills will have a first rnd draft pick.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2015, 08:38 AM

I'm not sure what they would give up to get Mariota, the most obvious candidate in my eyes is Rivers himself. Maybe the #17 and Rivers for the #6 for New York or something. I dunno how much Rivers would be willing to re-sign with a new team so they would have to talk to him before any deal was done.

better days
03-18-2015, 08:41 AM
His Aunt (his mother's sister) is a friend of mine, and client. He has a very large extended family in the Southeast and he has business interests in North Carolina. He's not a California type guy. I'm sure he plans to move back East after (or during) his career.

Unfortunately, the Bills have very little to trade, and no longer have the cap room to acquire him.

If somehow Rivers became available to the Bills, I'm sure they could restructure contracts to get Rivers on the team under the cap.

sukie
03-18-2015, 08:46 AM
I would love Rivers to end up with the Giants and Eli brought to the Chargers... THAT would be epic

EDS
03-18-2015, 08:57 AM
After this years draft, the Bills will have a first rnd draft pick.

The point being, if SD moves up to secure Mariota in the 2015 draft (say somewhere in the top 6 picks) they may prefer to move Rivers mid-draft for 2015 picks (like the 12th pick from Cleveland, just as an example) since they would likely have expended significant draft capital to get Mariota (assuming Rivers was not part of the package to get the pick for Mariota).

better days
03-18-2015, 09:07 AM
The point being, if SD moves up to secure Mariota in the 2015 draft (say somewhere in the top 6 picks) they may prefer to move Rivers mid-draft for 2015 picks (like the 12th pick from Cleveland, just as an example) since they would likely have expended significant draft capital to get Mariota (assuming Rivers was not part of the package to get the pick for Mariota).

That is true. On a draft day trade, the Bills have nothing to offer for this year.

It is only after this draft, the Bills have as much to offer as any other team for Rivers.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 09:20 AM
If somehow Rivers became available to the Bills, I'm sure they could restructure contracts to get Rivers on the team under the cap.

You can only go to that well so many times until there's not enough left to restructure without setting the team up for cap hell.

Plus, if we had a first round draft choice this year to trade, we might have a shot, but we don't, so...we don't. Plenty of other teams would be very interested, and most of them have first rounders this year and next year to bargain with.

better days
03-18-2015, 09:27 AM
You can only go to that well so many times until there's not enough left to restructure without setting the team up for cap hell.

Plus, if we had a first round draft choice this year to trade, we might have a shot, but we don't, so...we don't. Plenty of other teams would be very interested, and most of them have first rounders this year and next year to bargain with.

The Bills are in WIN NOW mode.

I don't give a damn if they are up against the cap 6 years from now if the Lombardi trophy is on display at One Bills Drive.

Skooby
03-18-2015, 09:30 AM

I don't give a damn if they are up against the cap 6 years from now if the Lombardi trophy is on display at One Bills Drive.

The cap will continue to rise as well.

BuffaloRedleg
03-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Kinda tells you it's not all about the QB, even with today's rules.

You can lose with a good QB sure, but you certainly can't win without one except for some outliers.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 10:09 AM

Doesn't make a God damned bit of difference if they are in "win now" mode if they keep making ASININE moves like spending 2 firsts and a 4th on a Wide Receiver, when not only did/do they have no QB, but they could have had just as good a WR for ONE 1st rounder.

Stupid ass moves like this, and like paying a guy like Charles Clay twice what he's worth are sucker's plays that leave you unable to make deals for guys like Rivers when they come available.

A non-sucker GM would have drafted Odell Beckham Jr instead of Sammy, would have signed DeMarco Murray as a FA instead of trading assets for McCoy that could have been used in other deals. And wouldn't have reached on a horrible QB from FSU in the first place.

Whaley is making flashy moves, but not smart ones. The long game is going to suffer. Win now, my ass. Not without a QB. And we don't have the currency to compete for a guy like Rivers on the open market--exactly BECAUSE of those not smart moves.

EDS
03-18-2015, 10:27 AM
The best hope is that despite the unorthodox and historically failed approach of the Bills front office, they win anyway.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Bills could figure out a way to fit Phil in their cap this year. They could restructure Mario or something. Saying it's not possible is too close minded.

better days
03-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Doesn't make a God damned bit of difference if they are in "win now" mode if they keep making ASININE moves like spending 2 firsts and a 4th on a Wide Receiver, when not only did/do they have no QB, but they could have had just as good a WR for ONE 1st rounder.

Stupid ass moves like this, and like paying a guy like Charles Clay twice what he's worth are sucker's plays that leave you unable to make deals for guys like Rivers when they come available.

A non-sucker GM would have drafted Odell Beckham Jr instead of Sammy, would have signed DeMarco Murray as a FA instead of trading assets for McCoy that could have been used in other deals. And wouldn't have reached on a horrible QB from FSU in the first place.

Whaley is making flashy moves, but not smart ones. The long game is going to suffer. Win now, my ass. Not without a QB. And we don't have the currency to compete for a guy like Rivers on the open market--exactly BECAUSE of those not smart moves.

The Bills are NOT paying Clay twice what he is worth.

They are paying him $500,000 more than Miami would have had to pay for this year.

Next year the Fins would have had to pay Clay MORE than the Bills are paying him.

And Joe Buscaglia said the Bills won't even have to restructure Mario's contract if they don't want to next year.

The Bills will have that much cap space left.

And exactly HOW is the long game going to suffer because of the moves Whaley has made?

better days
03-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Bills could figure out a way to fit Phil in their cap this year. They could restructure Mario or something. Saying it's not possible is too close minded.

The Bills absolutely could get Rivers signed if he became available.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 05:23 PM
The Bills are NOT paying Clay twice what he is worth.

They are paying him $500,000 more than Miami would have had to pay for this year.

Next year the Fins would have had to pay Clay MORE than the Bills are paying him.

And Joe Buscaglia said the Bills won't even have to restructure Mario's contract if they don't want to next year.

The Bills will have that much cap space left.

And exactly HOW is the long game going to suffer because of the moves Whaley has made?

From another Bills board, if Miami doesn't match the offer sheet:

Clay will average more per season than Greg Olsen, Jason Witten, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, and Jared Cook.

His guaranteed money will be more than Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, and Jared Cook.

That's insane.

I already mentioned the horrible hole Whaley put this franchise in with the Watkins deal.

I already mentioned that he could have gotten a back very similar to McCoy without trading for him.

He's overspending on every move he makes and diminishing the resources, i.e. cap money and draft choices, that the Bills have to work with in the future.

That's how the long game suffers.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 05:24 PM
The Bills absolutely could get Rivers signed if he became available.

If he becomes available this year, there's no way the Bills could outbid other teams with more draft choices.

Meathead
03-18-2015, 05:32 PM
what the hell, hes an nfl quarterback, he could have a family here AND there. would you care? i wouldnt. one of the two hot buffalo chicks is just gonna have to take one for the team

better days
03-18-2015, 05:44 PM
From another Bills board, if Miami doesn't match the offer sheet:

Clay will average more per season than Greg Olsen, Jason Witten, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, and Jared Cook.

His guaranteed money will be more than Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, and Jared Cook.

That's insane.

I already mentioned the horrible hole Whaley put this franchise in with the Watkins deal.

I already mentioned that he could have gotten a back very similar to McCoy without trading for him.

He's overspending on every move he makes and diminishing the resources, i.e. cap money and draft choices, that the Bills have to work with in the future.

That's how the long game suffers.

Most of those TE's are on the downside of their career.

And Clay is a FA. Can't wait to see what Gronk gets on his next contract.

Like I said, the Fins were prepared to pay Clay only $500,000 less than the Bills for this year.

And Watkins only HELPS the long game, he does not hurt it.

BillsImpossible
03-18-2015, 06:57 PM
If the Chargers GM offered me Rivers for Tyrod Taylor, I would politely tell him to go fly a kite somewhere in San Diego.

Rivers has had plenty of time to win. His time is up, just like Drew Brees.

The Window of opportunity is closed.

Time to move on to what's next.

WagonCircler
03-18-2015, 07:37 PM
If the Chargers GM offered me Rivers for Tyrod Taylor, I would politely tell him to go fly a kite somewhere in San Diego..

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

Jaybird
03-18-2015, 07:45 PM
If the Chargers GM offered me Rivers for Tyrod Taylor, I would politely tell him to go fly a kite somewhere in San Diego.

If I were to guess, you've never watched a football game before

BillsImpossible
03-18-2015, 08:00 PM
If I were to guess, you've never watched a football game before

If I were to guess, you're trying way too hard to be crude and insulting without getting anywhere.

Oh wait, you're from Montreal.

My bad.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Wow.

Just.

Wow.

It does take homer to a new level, doesn't it?

BillsImpossible
03-18-2015, 08:23 PM
It does take homer to a new level, doesn't it?

I'm proud to be a homer. If you're not a homer Bills fan on this forum nation, then what are you?

A Soviet internationalist propagandist comrade?

Go off yourself, Vladimir, individual thoughts are still free in America.

Freaking commies, just don't know when to give it up.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2015, 06:10 AM
I'd rather sign Rivers vs. resigning Dareus.

Offenses/QBs win Championships.

better days
03-19-2015, 07:17 AM
If he becomes available this year, there's no way the Bills could outbid other teams with more draft choices.

Yes, we know that.

If the Chargers want to trade Rivers this year, the Bills don't have a first rnd pick in this draft.

But the only way they would trade him this year would be to draft Mariotta, so the #19 pick would not get that done even if the Bills owned it.

Like I said before, I doubt the Chargers trade Rivers before next year.

yordad
03-19-2015, 07:19 AM
I actually agree with TD. Especially if we can tag and trade Dareus to avoid the contract.

yordad
03-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Hell, maybe we can trade them Dareus for Rivers.

Jaybird
03-19-2015, 07:32 AM
If I were to guess, you're trying way too hard to be crude and insulting without getting anywhere.

Oh wait, you're from Montreal.

Not even sure what the jab is about? What's so negative about Montreal?

My bad.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2015, 08:49 AM
I'd be all for it.
This team is a QB away from winning a playoff game.

better days
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM

Much as I love Dareus, I would make this player for player trade as well provided Rivers agreed on a new contract first.

tonyc37
03-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Their only trading him if they can package him for 1or 2 this.That way they can get Marriota.So the Bills would out of luck.

YardRat
03-19-2015, 10:29 PM
Clay was 12th in receptions last season amongst TE's. As a comparison, using notty's favorite stat the QBR, Palmer was 8, Fitzpatrick 9, Smith 13 and Tannehill 14. If we were to sign any one of those to a top 4 contract at their position, people would be flipping **** all over the boards.

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2015, 10:36 PM

W.T.F. is wrong with you? Is your brain broken?

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2015, 10:41 PM

Dareus became what we all wanted him to be last year and I like him a lot now. But I would do this trade in a heartbeat. I would be unbelievably excited if this happened.

HHURRICANE
03-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Dareus became what we all wanted him to be last year and I like him a lot now. But I would do this trade in a heartbeat. I would be unbelievably excited if this happened.

Sometimes i hate this board. Rivers will be 34 and is pretty banged up.

Dareus is in his prime. The Seahawks have had the best D the last 2 years. Defense wins Championships. I was at the Giants game when Hostetler beat us. Love Jim Kelly but just saying.

better days
03-20-2015, 07:38 AM

Dareus is in his prime. The Seahawks have had the best D the last 2 years. Defense wins Championships. I was at the Giants game when Hostetler beat us. Love Jim Kelly but just saying.

I pretty much agree except about Rivers being pretty banged up.

Rivers looked great when he beat the Bills last year.

I think the Bills would win the Super Bowl this year with Rivers even without Dareus.

EDS
03-20-2015, 08:06 AM
I pretty much agree except about Rivers being pretty banged up.

Rivers looked great when he beat the Bills last year.

I think the Bills would win the Super Bowl this year with Rivers even without Dareus.

Rivers did have a pretty disastrous second half to the season last year, similar to what happened to Payton Manning. Whether that is just a blip or a sign of the rails coming off is the key issue.

BertSquirtgum
03-20-2015, 10:31 AM

Nope. Quarterbacks win championships.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2015, 10:39 AM

Offense wins Championships.

See 46 out of the past 49 Super Bowls.

psubills62
03-20-2015, 11:46 AM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora mentions Drew Brees could be entering his final season with the Saints.
La Canfora has the Saints as one of five teams that could trade up for Marcus Mariota. Brees has two years left on his five-year, $100 million deal, and shedding his contract next spring to clear $20 million would be a way for GM Mickey Loomis to pull the Saints out of salary-cap hell. Brees began to show signs of decline last season. He turned 36 in January.

Giants owner John Mara said "there's nothing to report" regarding a possible Eli Manning contract extension.
His contract expires at the end of 2015. Ben Roethlisberger's recent five-year, $108 million signing with Pittsburgh could serve as a benchmark for Manning in contract discussions. Manning was quietly very effective last season, completing a career-high 63.1 percent of his passes. With Victor Cruz returning from injury and Odell Beckham Jr. on the cusp of superstardom, Manning will enter his 12th season with a wealth of quality receivers.

Kind of interesting, haven't seen this much potential movement among the top 10 QB's in a long time. I still expect Manning to stick with the Giants, but Brees and Rivers could very easily be on new teams after 2015.

BillsImpossible
03-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Much as I love Dareus, I would make this player for player trade as well provided Rivers agreed on a new contract first.

How do I say this politely?

You are out of your freaking Bills mind.

Trade Dareus for Rivers?

If Rivers was the kind of QB that could carry a franchise to championships, he would have done it by now. He has had a lot of talent to work with in San Diego.

Rivers is 33 years old, not 25 years young like Dareus.

That's like giving up 7 years of greatness for 1 or maybe 2 years of slightly better than average at best quarterback play.

Can Rivers run?

No.

BertSquirtgum
03-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Mario for Rivers. Get it done.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2015, 11:37 PM

You are out of your freaking Bills mind

They both have about 5 effective years left in them.
Dareus is gone next year. Might as well trade him for a stud QB.
QBs win Super Bowls, DTs do not.

Skooby
03-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Rivers is immobile, so no go.

BertSquirtgum
03-21-2015, 02:01 AM
Rivers is immobile, so no go.

Who gives a **** if he can't move. He can throw the ball and doesn't need to move.

better days
03-21-2015, 07:41 AM

You are out of your freaking Bills mind.

Trade Dareus for Rivers?

If Rivers was the kind of QB that could carry a franchise to championships, he would have done it by now. He has had a lot of talent to work with in San Diego.

That's like giving up 7 years of greatness for 1 or maybe 2 years of slightly better than average at best quarterback play.

Can Rivers run?

No.

Well, I doubt any trade happens, but QB is the most important position in football.

I love Dareus, but unless the Bills find a QB, Dareus will not lead the Bills to any Championships.

better days
03-21-2015, 07:43 AM
And the Lions just let Suh walk for nothing.

I don't get that at all.

BillsImpossible
03-21-2015, 04:06 PM
They both have about 5 effective years left in them.
Dareus is gone next year. Might as well trade him for a stud QB.
QBs win Super Bowls, DTs do not.

If Rivers plays for another 5 years, that would be a miracle. The guy has taken a pounding throughout his career in sunny San Diego and had a serious injury to his back last year, but played through it and probably made it worse in medical terms.

How many surgeries has the guy had by now? Too many.

Dareus will not be gone after the Bills 2015 season. The cap always rises, and the Bills are fortunate enough to have owners that are willing to make such a big investment in one of the NFL's best players.

QB's win Super Bowls? All Wilson had to do was hand the ball off to Lynch and people would be questioning that idea more than ever before.

Mike
03-21-2015, 06:42 PM

If that was True... We should of at least made the playoffs last year & why are we all talking QB? If Defense alone wins Championships then we have a shot becuase this D is very good! Instead we are all sitting here praying that somehow, jus somehow we get the next Russel Wilson, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunel, type QB in FA or draft.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-22-2015, 10:48 AM
If Rivers plays for another 5 years, that would be a miracle. The guy has taken a pounding throughout his career in sunny San Diego and had a serious injury to his back last year, but played through it and probably made it worse in medical terms.

How many surgeries has the guy had by now? Too many.

Dareus will not be gone after the Bills 2015 season. The cap always rises, and the Bills are fortunate enough to have owners that are willing to make such a big investment in one of the NFL's best players.

QB's win Super Bowls? All Wilson had to do was hand the ball off to Lynch and people would be questioning that idea more than ever before.

With two minutes left and 80 yards to go, it wasn't Lynch they relied on to get them the first 75 yards. It doesn't matter who won that game, it would have been QB play that got them there.

TacklingDummy
03-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Let's not forget the QB on the other side of the ball.
Yes QBs win Championships.

better days
03-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Let's not forget the QB on the other side of the ball.
Yes QBs win Championships.

Brady had NOTHING to do with the Pats* winning that Super Bowl!

IlluminatusUIUC
03-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Brady had NOTHING to do with the Pats* winning that Super Bowl!

... Is that a joke?

better days
03-22-2015, 10:25 PM
... Is that a joke?

No, that is a FACT!

IlluminatusUIUC
03-22-2015, 10:42 PM
No, that is a FACT!
Lmao you don't have to like the guy but be realistic. He played lights out against the best pass defense in a decade and overcame a 10 point deficit.

HAMMER
03-23-2015, 06:08 AM
No, that is a FACT!

Oh boy. Any shred of credibility you may have had is GONE.

better days
03-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Lmao you don't have to like the guy but be realistic. He played lights out against the best pass defense in a decade and overcame a 10 point deficit.

Reality is the Seahawks would have won that game if Wilson does not throw an INT.

GingerP
03-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Reality is the Seahawks would have won that game if Wilson does not throw an INT.

Reality is, the Patriots wouldn't have won that game unless Brady threw for 328 yards and 4 TDs against the NFL's best defense of the last few years. This is the same defense that held Aaron Rodgers to 178 yards and 1 TD in the Conference Championship a couple weeks before. Those are facts.

better days
03-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Reality is, the Patriots wouldn't have won that game unless Brady threw for 328 yards and 4 TDs against the NFL's best defense of the last few years. This is the same defense that held Aaron Rodgers to 178 yards and 1 TD in the Conference Championship a couple weeks before. Those are facts.

Nonsense. This is just like wide right.

The Seahawks LOST the game just like the Bills LOST against the Giants.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Nonsense. This is just like wide right.

The Seahawks LOST the game just like the Bills LOST against the Giants.

Acting like the last drive was the only thing that mattered is ridiculous.

Take the 2013 Dallas-Denver game: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310060dal.htm

A 51-48 shootout that ultimately ended when Tony Romo threw a pick on his own 24 and set up the game-winning field goal. According to your logic, Manning throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs didn't matter because the Denver defense got the last shot in. Doesn't matter that they were completely dominated by Romo for 58 minutes, they got the one good play and the end and invalidated their QBs entire day?

If Brady doesn't put up one of the all-time great halves of football against Seattle, the last goal line stand never happens, because Seattle sits on its lead for the win.

better days
03-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Acting like the last drive was the only thing that mattered is ridiculous.

Take the 2013 Dallas-Denver game: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310060dal.htm

A 51-48 shootout that ultimately ended when Tony Romo threw a pick on his own 24 and set up the game-winning field goal. According to your logic, Manning throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs didn't matter because the Denver defense got the last shot in. Doesn't matter that they were completely dominated by Romo for 58 minutes, they got the one good play and the end and invalidated their QBs entire day?

If Brady doesn't put up one of the all-time great halves of football against Seattle, the last goal line stand never happens, because Seattle sits on its lead for the win.

The last play is the only thing that mattered, just as it was on wide right.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-23-2015, 01:13 PM
The last play is the only thing that mattered, just as it was on wide right.

if darryl talley makes that tackle on third down in bills territory late in the fourth quarter, wide right never happens.. the point being, there was more that mattered than just wide right.

jimmifli
03-23-2015, 02:37 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l7-CsnfMe08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bring him in!

better days
03-24-2015, 09:28 AM
if darryl talley makes that tackle on third down in bills territory late in the fourth quarter, wide right never happens.. the point being, there was more that mattered than just wide right.

Everything that happened in both those games, set the stage for the ending, but nothing REALLY matters except wide right & the INT.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Everything that happened in both those games, set the stage for the ending, but nothing REALLY matters except wide right & the INT.

Sure, dozens of games a year come down to a make or break play, but that doesn't invalidate all the plays that came before.